Jay Leno Out, Conan Replacing Him on "The Tonight Show" on 6/1/09

PrayersForMaura

Help Find Maura Murray
Reaction score
Whether he likes it or not, Jay Leno's got a date for his final Tonight: May 29, 2009.
NBC today set the calendar for the funnyman's mandatory retirement as part of a timetable for the network's rejiggered night-owl plans.
Heir apparent Conan O'Brien will be installed as Tonight Show overlord on June 1. O'Brien will abdicate his Late Night desk in the spring, most likely March or April, and move from New York to Los Angeles to prepare for his new duties.

http://tv.yahoo.com/the-tonight-sho...19e5a1e68617_4045_be07_f5bd5888825d__ER:78408

Whether he likes it or not, Jay Leno's got a date for his final Tonight: May 29, 2009.
NBC today set the calendar for the funnyman's mandatory retirement as part of a timetable for the network's rejiggered night-owl plans.
Heir apparent Conan O'Brien will be installed as Tonight Show overlord on June 1. O'Brien will abdicate his Late Night desk in the spring, most likely March or April, and move from New York to Los Angeles to prepare for his new duties.

http://tv.yahoo.com/the-tonight-sho...19e5a1e68617_4045_be07_f5bd5888825d__ER:78408

BOOOOO! I love Jay Leno, there is no reason to force him off, he's funny! I can't stand Conan, he's never been funny which is why he's on much later and should stay there!!!:mad: I'll stop watching late night at that point!:mad::mad::mad:

There will never be another Johnny Carson. Jay was ok...but Conan makes me reach for the remote...He is awful.

I like Conan's brand of absurd humour though I'm not sure how he'll fare on the Tonight Show. It'll probably be Conan-lite. My favourite is still Craig Ferguson - he's a natural with his guests.

I listen to Jay Leno every night. I can't stand Conan O'Brian. I hear Jay Leno may have a program on ABC. I will be switching with him.

I think Jay Leno did a great job but I like Conan too (maybe better).

I hope he does well.

Conan gives me the creeps. I'm in bed by that time anyway, so I really don't care. Jay's like my ole' buddy though. I really like his personality.

Since I am on "Team Letterman", I say that is great! LOL.

I like Jay but I have never seen Conan, so I don't know. Jay is like comfort food if I'm upset. I don't want it exciting and mixed when I need to think about sleeping and if Conan is too stimulating I will switch.

I really don't understand how Conan got the Tonight Show. No one I know in real life thinks he is funny at all. I find him unbearable to watch. I'm not upset over the change however. NBC hasn't had any good shows in years, imo. I hope Jay Leno can find a better network. It shouldn't be hard. In my opinion, anything is better than NBC. :)

I like Conan's brand of absurd humour though I'm not sure how he'll fare on the Tonight Show. It'll probably be Conan-lite. My favourite is still Craig Ferguson - he's a natural with his guests.

Yep, I prefer the L.A. based comedians, soon as Jay is over I switch off Conan in favor of Craig!

i think this is a good move in attracting people in their late teens, early 20s. conan's very popular amongst that age group !!!!!!

You're right, ttrachel04. I LOVE Conan, and I think most of my friends do, too. I do love Leno too, but I'm really looking forward to Conan taking over. Then I don't have to stay up until 1:30 to see his show!

I tiVo Jay Leno everynight. Watch the monologue if I don't have time for the
entire program. Jay is not that old. I hope he jumps to another network.

is Leno ready to retire? or is this because he demanded too much in contract negotiations or NBC wanted someone new or what?

is Leno ready to retire? or is this because he demanded too much in contract negotiations or NBC wanted someone new or what?

Neither in Leno's case. NBC had promised it to Conan to keep him, so now they have to force Jay out at the top of his game.:mad:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kac313
Back