911 Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first shorthand version for those without audio (copied from another subforum);

Basically, Jessica cooks Brad from the get-go; "I don't know if he'd do something to her". It's out of character for her to blow me off. "I don't know if he's been violent with her in the past", but I'm scared that he's harmed her. "They're going through a messy divorce"; I don't believe him, when he says that she went running, she might have because she's a runner, but I'm not sure that I believe him.

(Generalizations and paraphrased quotes, by me)

And in another post, I said; "I think Jessica's call completely rules her out as a suspect..."

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3248238/

"She was supposed to be at my house at eight and just because of the situation with the divorce, I'm just wondering – I don't know what I should do," the caller says.

The caller tells dispatchers that Nancy Cooper's husband, Brad Cooper, told her his wife went out early for a run – he believed with her friend, the caller says -- but the caller says it was "weird" that Cooper had not returned.

A lot of fear in Jessica's voice...about several things.

Sad

I think Jessica KNEW something had happened, she just didn't WANT to go there.

Did you all catch, it was Jessica who had checked with hospitals before calling 911!

Another piece of information, imo, Brad forgot to put on his 'staging' list. :rolleyes:

JMHO
fran

I think Jessica KNEW something had happened, she just didn't WANT to go there.

Did you all catch, it was Jessica who had checked with hospitals before calling 911!

Another piece of information, imo, Brad forgot to put on his 'staging' list. :rolleyes:

JMHO
fran

Yes.

I also heard an "assuming he is telling the truth". Seems like Jessica was not sure Brad was believable.

Because she doesn't say that she's in her car and we've had nothing to make us believe that would've been, I also wonder if the person to whom she refers when the tape jumps (or a name is edited-out) can see the house.

I also heard an "assuming he is telling the truth". Seems like Jessica was not sure Brad was believable.

I'd say that this probably wasn't the first time that she didn't believe Brad and most likely, she probably believes him a lot less today. From what she says, it sounds like she headed toward the worst from the beginning and though he hasn't been named a suspect, one would assume that Brad has been under intense scrutiny, throughout.

Yes.

Why, you don't think he's known by their friends to be a :liar: do you?:confused:

No need to answer, LOL. I think I already know what it is!:waitasec:

JMHO
fran

PS......wonder if old Brad is feeling the heat!? ehhhh.......bet he's on his little ole laptop right now, seeing what the reaction is to the release of the 911!:eek:

PPS.......ahhh......I think I see his attorney calling the media for another press conference on behalf of his client!:rolleyes:

"She was supposed to be at my house at eight and just because of the situation with the divorce, I'm just wondering – I don't know what I should do," the caller says.

The caller tells dispatchers that Nancy Cooper's husband, Brad Cooper, told her his wife went out early for a run – he believed with her friend, the caller says -- but the caller says it was "weird" that Cooper had not returned.

Supposed to be at her house at 8:00? That wouldn't be a very long run if she left the house at seven. It seems that either Brad or Jessica has to be lying (or, unlikely, Nancy forgot the 8:00 appointment).

Do we know for sure if Brad told the police she went out for a jog at 7, or is this what Jessica said he said?

There's just so much in Jessica's phone call that I've edited-out my off-handed comment concerning theories in one of my previous posts and using this call as a foundation, I've posted one of my own to the "theories" subforum.

Essentially, Jessica sounds like possible violence was one of the first things to cross her mind and whomever else was sitting there had come around in the same direction. Because Brad looked more like a mouse than a lion in his public appearances, I've pretty much gone in the direction of an accident with a bad attempt at cover-up, but it's what I got from the call.

Nonetheless, obviously the release and non-seal of this particular 911 call is another way for LE to apply pressure.

Supposed to be at her house at 8:00? That wouldn't be a very long run if she left the house at seven.

In another subforum, I theorize that Brad may not have known that Nancy and the kids were going to Jessica's.

I agree. If he had known that N & the kids were supposed to be at J's at 8 a.m., he wouldn't have said that she went jogging at 7 a.m. since she couldn't possibly be back & over to J's by 8 a.m. Immediately J started worrying because she knew there was no way that N would go running at 7 am when she was going to be at her house at 8 am.

Plus, J was worried because she knew N drove to where she started running & J seemed to think it highly unusual (as per the 911 call) that 1) her car was in front of her house while she was supposed to be running, and 2) her cell phone was at home.

N going running at 7 a.m. seemed so implausible to J that she was very, very worried.....

BTW, I'm very impressed with you all. I've been reading since N was reported missing, but didn't get on until now. I'm in the area & read your brilliant insights & thoughts when Michelle Young was murdered, too. But, since this is SO close to home, I thought I'd actually respond to Magister & Sue's statements (rather than waiting for something brilliant to say, which may or may not ever come!). Thanks for all that you do here.

She states on the tape that she (NC) was suppose to be there no later than 9. That can be heard at the 2:08 mark of the tape.
Right after that the tape cuts out. It sounds like she was told that she'd (NC) be there between 8 and 9.

An hour run can be anywhere from a 6 mile run to a much higher amount depending on her ability.
It depends on what type of run she had planned for that day. She could have planned for an easy run which is part of training for a marathon or a half marathon.

There's no discrepancy in the times. It all seems very logical.
The obvious question is whether she even made it out the door for that run.

I don't want to install realplayer on my computer, which is what is needed to play these calls. If anyone finds the audio with a different way to listen, could you post it here? Most news stations are giving the same link posted her, so I have tried before I bugged you guys. Thankyou.

PPS.......ahhh......I think I see his attorney calling the media for another press conference on behalf of his client!:rolleyes:

OK, I was wrong, his attorney didn't call a press conference. He settled for a written press release. :rolleyes:

fran

Brad Cooper's attorneys, Seth Blum and Howard Kurtz, criticized Cary police for releasing the calls, characterizing the action as a leak that appears "calculated to do nothing more than inflame already raw emotions."

"Selectively releasing prejudicial information in this fashion is reckless, misleading and just plain wrong," they said in a written statement.

Town of Cary spokeswoman Susan Moran said not doing so would have been in violation of the North Carolina Public Records law and that portions of the call required to be redacted were so.

"We did not want to file a motion or make any requests that it be sealed," Wake County District Attorney Colon Willoughby said. "We didn't think it was critical to the investigation, and therefore, we did not see any reason to try to suppress it. So we've not taken any action."

I don't want to install realplayer on my computer, which is what is needed to play these calls. If anyone finds the audio with a different way to listen, could you post it here? Most news stations are giving the same link posted her, so I have tried before I bugged you guys. Thankyou.

Try this - go to this link:

In the article click on the highlighted portion in the first paragraph and it should play for you without having to install RP.

OK, I was wrong, his attorney didn't call a press conference. He settled for a written press release. :rolleyes:

fran

Brad Cooper's attorneys, Seth Blum and Howard Kurtz, criticized Cary police for releasing the calls, characterizing the action as a leak that appears "calculated to do nothing more than inflame already raw emotions."

"Selectively releasing prejudicial information in this fashion is reckless, misleading and just plain wrong," they said in a written statement.

Town of Cary spokeswoman Susan Moran said not doing so would have been in violation of the North Carolina Public Records law and that portions of the call required to be redacted were so.

"We did not want to file a motion or make any requests that it be sealed," Wake County District Attorney Colon Willoughby said. "We didn't think it was critical to the investigation, and therefore, we did not see any reason to try to suppress it. So we've not taken any action."

wahhhhhhhhhhhhh:(

OK - Now I get it!

I asked earlier about the redacted person who was also getting upset and if Jessica was at her house, how did she know about the car (which was in the driveway); Obviously Jessica was in Lochmere at one of Nancy's neighbor's house, she was or had been in a position to see the car and I'm basing my opinion on her offer to start running Nancy's usual route, back and forth across Lochmere Dr. (on what I assume were greenways).

Now, if you couple that with the theory which I posted in the other subforum; The "triggering event" could've been that Nancy had secured housing and was ready to move, then possibly Jessica was at a mutual friend's house with a pickup or large vehicle to help sweep her and the kids away....

I don't know, but replaying the call in my head, obviously she was expecting something that would've/could've sent him over the edge because though as far as she knew, Brad had never been violent with Nancy, she jumped right to calling the hospitals (after speaking to Brad?) and pretty much telling the 911 operator that she thought Brad might've done her great harm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah