I have outlined several times why I personally believe there may be validity to it. I think it explains some things that has people puzzled regarding the trek Casey was on and the family behavior starting the night of the 911 calls by Cindy.
It would explain the following:
1. A seemingly shy, quiet, smart, young girl dropping suddenly out of high school. This has been disputed by some.
2. Denial by her and the family that she was pregnant at her brothers wedding at 7 months pregnant.
3. A slippery path to sociopathy starting with the abandonment of her job where she was employee of the year.
4. Resentment towards Caylee and her mother, evolving into murder as the sociopathy took over.
5. The family enabling her out of shame to lie, steal, and cheat. Guilt.
6. Her promiscuity after Caylee was born. (Typical of abuse victims)
7. Her closeness with her abuser. Not abnormal in the least.
8. Her mother saying she was protecting the family.
9. Lee trying to stop the third 911 call.
10. Lee trying to handle the investigation.
11. Lee convincing Cindy and George to not take polygraghs.
12. The family's numerous stories of who the father is and Casey's choice to invoke sympathy by saying the father died coming to Caylee's birthday.
13. The family regrouping and circling the wagons following the third 911 call.
14. Lee refusing to take a DNA test.
15. Cindy saying Casey would be mother of the year when she really meant that she would be mother of the year by proxy by protecting Casey and Lee.
16. The continued obfuscation of Law Enforcement and lies to the media.
17. Lee disappearing from everywhere following the subpoena for DNA being served.
18. George leaving the house and living with parents around the time Caylee was brought home and the filing for divorce about the time the paternity test with Jesse was taken. Was he ashamed of Lee or was it a gambling habit?
19. Lee not coming around before this when George was home.
20. The name - Cay-Lee - named by Cindy when Cindy was the first to hold the child.
I think it was curious how Dr. Baden on Fox suggested they know the father when he looked at the latest FBI report. It is also my knowledge now that Rob Dick and the L. Padilla team had access to the paternity reports with Jesse and he has been waiting patiently for the DNA tests to confirm what they think they know. This might explain how Casey's phone bills were paid if she were to have the outward responsibility of taking care of the child, whereby Lee had some financial responsibility to Casey and Caylee.
I don't think it is an excuse by any means, but it would explain some things that have people wondering. I guess it comes down to this if true:
1. They found out that night that Caylee is gone.
2. Cindy and George cleaned the car out, laundered items in the car and removed potential evidence.
3. They all attempted to get the date of the 9th straight corresponding to the woman found raped and murdered around that time.
4. They obfuscated LE by sending on wild goosechases
5. They let Casey know at the bond hearing that "there is no evidence" and a thumbs up by George.
6. Deny and backtrack over previous statements.
7. Throw off search efforts.
8. Make money off the deal one way or another for defense and for the future benefit of the family.
9. Now it is public relations and money deals.
10. Meanwhile who knows where Caylee's body is at. They don't care.