Page 33 of 57 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast
    Pondering Mind is offline here a ponder, there a ponder...everywhere a ponder = ADD
    Over The Hills And Through The Woods..on the corner,S.C..
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliKid View Post
    I totally don't get the money angle with whomever is Caylee's dad, unless she just slept with so many she truly didn't know. KC appears to be the kind of person who would be hitting up the potential father for child support. But then, if Cindy was as obsessive as she looks, maybe in the beginning she assured KC they would provide for her daughter. IDK, it gets all so confusing after awhile.
    Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think that she does know. Obviously, Cindy would have bought whatever story Casey decided to spin for her. Think about it, if she had gotten pregnant during May, June, July,(God forbid) would she know who the father was? IMO, Cindy could never have the world knowing that. You are so right, it is so confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by future criminologist View Post
    what happens...rape happens, or incest happens? they are not the same thing. I think you are confusing your terms.
    All of the above, but specifically consensual sex among relatives...

Quote Originally Posted by Eponine View Post
    This is total speculation, but is it possible that LA and KC are step siblings, and, as messed up as it sounds, they formed an unhealthy attraction? I know I've read a few sleuthers questioning on here whether or not GA is really KC's bio. dad.
    Not sure about the step sibling theory, but I really don't think Lee is Caylee's father. I'm sorry, but I just don't. I think KC really doesn't know who the father is.

Quote Originally Posted by laniefi View Post
    All of the above, but specifically consensual sex among relatives...
    There is no consensual sex if someone is a minor and the other person is of age. If anything happened to cause her to drop out of school prior to getting pregnant, there was a four year gap.

Quote Originally Posted by Broderick View Post
    There is no consensual sex if someone is a minor and the other person is of age. If anything happened to cause her to drop out of school prior to getting pregnant, there was a four year gap.
    What is age of consent in FL?

Pondering Mind is offline here a ponder, there a ponder...everywhere a ponder = ADD
    Over The Hills And Through The Woods..on the corner,S.C..
    Quote Originally Posted by tiredofthis View Post
    Not sure about the step sibling theory, but I really don't think Lee is Caylee's father. I'm sorry, but I just don't. I think KC really doesn't know who the father is.
    I agree with you completely and I don't think that we will ever know. I doubt that the father ever knew and to be honest unless it is relevant to the case, I hope that he and his family don't find out now. That would just be more victims left in the "wake of Casey" IMO.

What is age of consent in FL?
    Good question. Not real clear to me, but if consensual, that would debatable. We might find out at the trial, if the defense position is that she was abused.

Here is the statute.

794.05 Unlawful sexual activity with certain minors.

(1) A person 24 years of age or older who engages in sexual activity with a person 16 or 17 years of age commits a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084. As used in this section, "sexual activity" means oral, anal, or vaginal penetration by, or union with, the sexual organ of another; however, sexual activity does not include an act done for a bona fide medical purpose.

(2) The provisions of this section do not apply to a person 16 or 17 years of age who has had the disabilities of nonage removed under chapter 743.

(3) The victim's prior sexual conduct is not a relevant issue in a prosecution under this section.

(4) If an offense under this section directly results in the victim giving birth to a child, paternity of that child shall be established as described in chapter 742. If it is determined that the offender is the father of the child, the offender must pay child support pursuant to the child support guidelines described in chapter 61.

Quote Originally Posted by Broderick View Post
    Good question. Not real clear to me, but if consensual, that would debatable. We might find out at the trial, if the defense position is that she was abused.

Here is the statute.

794.05 Unlawful sexual activity with certain minors.

(1) A person 24 years of age or older who engages in sexual activity with a person 16 or 17 years of age commits a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084. As used in this section, "sexual activity" means oral, anal, or vaginal penetration by, or union with, the sexual organ of another; however, sexual activity does not include an act done for a bona fide medical purpose.

(2) The provisions of this section do not apply to a person 16 or 17 years of age who has had the disabilities of nonage removed under chapter 743.

(3) The victim's prior sexual conduct is not a relevant issue in a prosecution under this section.

(4) If an offense under this section directly results in the victim giving birth to a child, paternity of that child shall be established as described in chapter 742. If it is determined that the offender is the father of the child, the offender must pay child support pursuant to the child support guidelines described in chapter 61.
    Thanks...so I think ppl are getting stuck on my earlier faux pas on terminology.

But, wether it's legal or illegal, consensual or not, it happens more often than people admit. MY GOD who would want to admit that???

OH - and I AM NOT convinced he is the father either - no EVIDENCE - yet!

Thanks...so I think ppl are getting stuck on my earlier faux pas on terminology.

But, wether it's legal or illegal, consensual or not, it happens more often than people admit. MY GOD who would want to admit that???
    Most certainly it does. It is very prevalent. 94% of under 12 reporting girls were abused by family members like a sibling. 60% is never reported.

Is this really an important issue with LE? Seriously? Are they really looking for the father of this child? Is this an important factor in deciding a murder case?
    And what if they have some unknown DNA? What will that prove? Suppose she was messing around with a married man? <not unlikely> So many what ifs???
    How does knowing the father help solve this case? I am really curious? If this has been answered please mods wipe this post away, thanks.

http://www.rapecrisis.org.nz/pdf/Inc...Read-Only).pdf

Found this article on how ONE in SIXTEEN girls were abused by someone living in the house - either a brother or father. Casey's father voluntarily gave a DNA sample fwiw.

Quote Originally Posted by Gummishoe View Post
    Is this really an important issue with LE? Seriously? Are they really looking for the father of this child? Is this an important factor in deciding a murder case?
    And what if they have some unknown DNA? What will that prove? Suppose she was messing around with a married man? <not unlikely> So many what ifs???
    How does knowing the father help solve this case? I am really curious? If this has been answered please mods wipe this post away, thanks.

If the father is someone in the family, it has a major role in possible motive.

maybe the father knows and wants to keep it hush hush and has been giving casey cash every month as a form of child support. could explain why casey didnt need to find a job. she received enough every month to buy makeup, going out to lunch etc.

Spring Party Encounter

Don't leave KC's prior miscarriage out of the equation when trying to understand the sea change in personality. Remember, there are sworn statements about how gutted she was when she ran into a man who had impregnated her. She and he attended the same party in the spring and she had not expected to see him there (or maybe ever again). She came undone. Apparently the miscarriage she suffered and his attitude were a real trauma in her life.

This whole incest track seems unsupported and going nowhere. The drug habit cannot have enhanced her maternal leanings (if any). Particularly cocaine and all of its cheap variants bring out viciousness and rage during the flats before the next fix.

Page 33 of 57 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast