Thread: AZ - Roy Harris, 28, Tucson, July 2008 - Presumed Drowned

AZ - Roy Harris, 28, Tucson, July 2008 - Presumed Drowned

http://www.kswt.com/Global/story.asp...av=menu613_2_6

22 July 08

Police have suspended the search for a Tucson man swept away by rushing water after getting stuck in a wash.

A police spokesman said Tuesday authorities have no plans to resume looking for 28-year-old Roy Harris, who tried crossing a washed-out road Saturday.

Witnesses told police they saw Harris' car going north when it became disabled by the water. At some point, Harris got out of the car and tried to make it to safety.

Harris was then caught in a current that leads to the Santa Cruz River.
    Dozens of rescuers on foot, in the water and in helicopters searched for Harris through Sunday.

Police said at least two other drivers got stuck in the Tucson area as rains poured down Saturday night, but they were rescued.

no pic at link

Rest in peace, Roy.

http://www.kvoa.com/Global/story.asp?s=10556773

Remains of man swept away last monsoon identified

The skeletal remains that were discovered on March 15th, 2009 have been positively identified as those of Roy Joseph Harris, who was swept away in a wash during last year's monsoon.

. . .

3. The Following User Says Thank You to hyldo For This Useful Post:

Kat

Rest in peace Roy.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

Rest in Peace Roy.

HI this is Teia. This was my brother Roy that is the subject on this thread.... I was just curious whether you guys knew him, or just commenting on the story... Either way my family thanks you for the condolences. I know this story is 5 years old, but I was just curious...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to tstreeter5 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tstreeter5 View Post
    HI this is Teia. This was my brother Roy that is the subject on this thread.... I was just curious whether you guys knew him, or just commenting on the story... Either way my family thanks you for the condolences. I know this story is 5 years old, but I was just curious...
    I can only speak for myself and what I have learned and seen since being a member here on this forum, so I will share some indights from my own opinion only.

First, so sad to read this news about Roy, no matter how long ago it happened. I say "Roy" because it is as if we get to know the people that the threads here are dedicated to. So much time is spent learning about the person, and the situation, so that someone here might be able to share their expertise or ideas to help to either find someone, or solve a case.

I don't think that any of the posters in your brother's thread here necessarily knew him, but they saw the story and it touched them enough to post it here. It sounds like it was not too much of a mystery what happened to your brother - they knew what had happened, but not where he was - so there was not much we could do to help from here.

I lost a brother under very tragic circumstances also, and I live in Arizona, so when I saw that there was a new post here on Roy's thread today, I wanted to check it out.

If you want the thread pulled from here, I think you can ask a moderator to help do that for you. But if you want it to remain here, that's a nice idea too. The folks here are very kind and helpful and compassionate.

Again, my condolences to you... may you be filled with wonderful memories of your brother now and always. hugs to you.
    "I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."
    - E. B. White

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AzPistonsGirl For This Useful Post: