Hello, Dolly!

PrayersForMaura

Help Find Maura Murray
Reaction score
Brace yourselves :(

-- National Hurricane Center: Dolly has reached hurricane strength and should
hit near the Texas-Mexico line on Wednesday.

cnn.com

I thought Dolly Parton was online for a minute then when I saw the headline of this thread:crazy::crazy::crazy:

lol Ciara

Its affecting my friends and family. I have a friend that was hit in the yucatan area, thankfully not much damage and I have many people I know in brownsville. Hopefully the levees will hold. Oddly petroleum went down today! I figured it would go up with the scares of the oil production down there and with them being evacuated.

I hope your friends and family will be ok Autumn. Hurricanes scare me, I am so glad we dont get them here. I hope everyone stays safe.

Oil prices went down because the rigs are built to easily withstand storms the strength of Dolly, which looks to be a Category 1 at landfall, although they often weaken just before landfall.

I really think it will be closer to a strong tropical storm than a hurricane, but actually better than a tropical storm. Tropical storms tend to stall and "train" rain, which causes more flooding than a hurricane which is propelled more quickly inland, and doesn't drop as much as rain. (Curiously enough.)

I also think it will hit south of Brownsville, but I have to go check now. :)

She is is a Hurricane now, but not headed for Houston

pray for those she does hit..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope we get some rain down here from it, but sure hope it doesn't become dangerous and loses some of her strength.

I have been praying for you who call Texas home, your friends and family that is there.

Sending love and light...

I'm praying for those affected by Dolly. Here in my area, we always expect tornadoes, spawned by the hurricanes that hit S. Texas. Hubby and I are headed to Galveston early tomorrow morning to dedicate a park bench in honor of Riley Ann Sawyers / Baby Grace. Tomorrow is the 1 year anniversary of her tragic murder. Pray for those traveling from out of town for the ceremony, along with all those in Dolly's path. I sure hope she weakens, and just provides the much needed rain here in S. Texas.

I'm praying for those affected by Dolly. Here in my area, we always expect tornadoes, spawned by the hurricanes that hit S. Texas. Hubby and I are headed to Galveston early tomorrow morning to dedicate a park bench in honor of Riley Ann Sawyers / Baby Grace. Tomorrow is the 1 year anniversary of her tragic murder. Pray for those traveling from out of town for the ceremony, along with all those in Dolly's path. I sure hope she weakens, and just provides the much needed rain here in S. Texas.

Sure will keep you all in mind. Hard to believe it's the one year anniversary for Riley Ann Sawyers.

Prayers indeed. I hope you in the area when you can will keep us adviced .
Maybe you guys can use this thread for a check in so we know all you Texans are ok. just a thought.

Oil prices went down because the rigs are built to easily withstand storms the strength of Dolly, which looks to be a Category 1 at landfall, although they often weaken just before landfall.

I really think it will be closer to a strong tropical storm than a hurricane, but actually better than a tropical storm. Tropical storms tend to stall and "train" rain, which causes more flooding than a hurricane which is propelled more quickly inland, and doesn't drop as much as rain. (Curiously enough.)

I also think it will hit south of Brownsville, but I have to go check now. :)

Well...Here she is, coming onshore as a Cat 2 with 100 MPH sustained winds and smacking Brownsville head-on!!!

Sure will keep you all in mind. Hard to believe it's the one year anniversary for Riley Ann Sawyers.

Yes, it is hard to believe...she died one year ago, but wasn't found until the end of Oct, almost 3 months after she was murdered. I'll post updates in her thread.

Blessings and prayers to all in the path of Dolly !!

I thought Dolly Parton was online for a minute then when I saw the headline of this thread:crazy::crazy::crazy:

but I AM Dolly and I AM online! (AKA JOVIN)

2sbv1jl.gif
17zgax.gif
muvcxj.gif

Here's one of the Houston Chronicle regular blogs, SciGuy:

http://blogs.chron.com/sciguy/

Basically, rain is heavy, tolerable so far, if Dolly slows and rains increase, there could be more issues with flooding.
I read in your link that downtown Houston has already received an inch of rain today. I'm in the northwest part of the metro area where the sun is still shinning and we haven't received a drop of rain (yet!)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back