769 users online (73 members and 696 guests)  

Websleuths News

Central PA

70 yr old man stumbles outside bank-hundreds of bills scattered-people swoop in. . .

TORRANCE, Calif. A dozen bystanders rushed in to help a 70-year-old man who stumbled while leaving a Torrance bank and hundreds of bills scattered in the wind.

Ludwig Geier says thousands of dollars in an envelope were "gone in no time" in the wind as he left First National Bank on Monday.

Almost immediately, about a dozen bystanders rushed in to help the Rancho Palos Verdes man retrieve his cash. The machine shop owner says about 96 percent of the money was found.

More at link:

When I saw the teaser, they described the man stumbling, dropping the money and people swooping in to pick up the money. Honestly, when they finished the story by saying they gave it all to him, I was shocked. Good people!

Oh I am SO glad they gave it back to him. You expect these days to hear they grabbed it and ran so its a nice story Thanks for posting it
    Rest in Peace Baby P xx

Talisman is offline Walk lightly in the spring; Mother Earth is pregnant. Kiowa proverb
    Penns woods
    Wonderful story. Thank you for posting this!

"You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and stars."
    from Desiderata by Max Ehrlmann

~*~ in the beautiful mountains of WV ~*~
    I'm so glad everyone helped him gather his money.
    In these days of rough money times, it would have been so easy for people to take the money and run.
    Thanks for posting this story. It helps to restore my faith in mankind.