Another python found in Maine- 9 foot snake

Holy smokes!
My parent are planning on CAMPING their way through Maine next summer! I'll have to suggest they make sure the camper is snake proof. The car, well, ya can't do anything about it. :(

Boy, that would scare the heebee jeebees out of me. I wouldn't feel safe walking around outside. :eek:

I keep looking in my toilet.... {cringe}

In Florida Pythons are thriving. People release their pet Pythons in the swamps because they become too big. Lo and behold, the Python's LOVE IT and are breeding like...well...like Pythons.

There is no way these snakes in Maine could survive the cold of the winter. How irresponsible of these people. Makes me sick.

We have a baby Ball Python. He is so cute. I hated snakes until we got him. He is so mellow and a total crack up to watch. He loves to come out of his cage and watch TV with us. LOL. I swear.

He will get big but not as big as these Pythons. We already have the proper container and everything else we need to handle him when he becomes really big. Don't know if I'll take him out of the cage then to watch TV. LOL

Ball Python's are legal by the way.

Yet another irresponsible pet owner has dumped their snake off somewhere.:eek:

That's exactly my thought. I even feel sorry for the snakes, let alone the cats and dogs that are let to fend for themselves when someone decides that they are no longer young and cute.

In Florida Pythons are thriving. People release their pet Pythons in the swamps because they become too big. Lo and behold, the Python's LOVE IT and are breeding like...well...like Pythons.

There is no way these snakes in Maine could survive the cold of the winter. How irresponsible of these people. Makes me sick.

We have a baby Ball Python. He is so cute. I hated snakes until we got him. He is so mellow and a total crack up to watch. He loves to come out of his cage and watch TV with us. LOL. I swear.

He will get big but not as big as these Pythons. We already have the proper container and everything else we need to handle him when he becomes really big. Don't know if I'll take him out of the cage then to watch TV. LOL

Ball Python's are legal by the way.

Trisha - No fear, even when FULL sized, ball pythons are docile and don't weigh that much. He can be your television companion for life. Mine is named Halford. :) The same isn't true for Red Tailed Boas. While too small to be a threat to the wild, my full sized red tail would take a full sized man to watch tv with. (Plus, she bites!)

Both of my snakes are seven feet long. The balls don't get so big around or so heavy. They are PERFECT pets.

Trisha - No fear, even when FULL sized, ball pythons are docile and don't weigh that much. He can be your television companion for life. Mine is named Halford. :) The same isn't true for Red Tailed Boas. While too small to be a threat to the wild, my full sized red tail would take a full sized man to watch tv with. (Plus, she bites!)

Both of my snakes are seven feet long. The balls don't get so big around or so heavy. They are PERFECT pets.

OMG THANK YOU GLITCHWIZARD. That makes me feel so relieved.

I was worried he would weigh 150 pounds.

Glad to hear they stay docile too. My little guy is so cute. He is almost a foot long and just hangs with us. It's a crack up.

Has your ball python ever bitten you?

I wouldnt want to step outside after finding one, Knowing it wasnt very likely I would fine another wouldnt be much consolation.

I cant imagine a snake for a pet :eek::eek: I have a hard enough time just taking care of my daughter's toad.

ok I hate snakes this is freaky. EEEKKKKK

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back