The Pontiac - "Revisted" #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeriouslySearching

Reaction score
We learned today that the car Casey had been driving had potential evidence that LE is currently running forensic tests on for blood, bodily fluids, dirt taken from the trunk, and hair which looked consistent with Caylee's. Two K-9s alerted in the same place in the trunk for decomposition and the in same place in the backyard of the Anthony's house.

The car was left at a check cashing parking lot (Amscot) on Goldenrod and Colonial on or about June 27th. It was picked up by the tow company on June 30th. George Anthony picked up the car from them on or about July 15.

Orange County Sheriff's Detective Yuri Melich said a car driven by Casey Anthony smelled of decomposition when investigators recovered it.

Casey Anthony's Pontiac was towed after being parked for days at an Orlando check-cashing business.

Detective Melich says it appeared that a stain, some dirt and 2-year-old Caylee's hair were in the trunk.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=e66bd3d1-1eb0-4843-b162-275e53cc4aa3

Caylee's grandmother, Cindy Anthony, told the Sentinel that she received a letter informing her that the car was found abandoned and had been towed. The white 1998 Pontiac was towed June 30 from an Amscot Financial store at Colonial Drive and Goldenrod Road, said sheriff's spokesman Carlos Padilla.

"It had been with the wrecker a while before the family found out," Padilla said.

Caylee's mother, Casey Anthony, had been using the car to get around, records show. Cindy Anthony said she questioned her daughter about Caylee's whereabouts when she received the letter from the tow company.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/community/news/conway/orl-caylee2008jul20,0,2486087.story

Couple of questions about the car:

1) Do we know for certain that only Casey was driving/using it around the time it was abandoned?

2) Did the tow company notice/and or note the strong stench from the car when they towed it?

3) Do we know for certain that it was out of gas?

Thanks!

We don't know any of the answers to those questions yet. I wish we did!

Where were the keys? Did George use a set of spare keys to retrieve it? Did LE find the set that Casey was using during the time the car was driven to the parking lot? Did they test those keys for Caylee's DNA (blood, bodily fluids), dirt, or other forensic materials?

They would have had to notice the smell...unless this wasn't present until after they got the car back from the tow yard.

The gasoline could have been stolen while it sat in the lot for 3 days prior to towing.

Was the car seat in the car? A blankie or a fav stuffed animal?

Also, I heard Dr. Baden on Greta last night say that forensic will be able to tell if the hair in the trunk was Caylee's BUT ALSO whether or not it was from an alive Caylee or a deceased Caylee! I have never heard that before.

Anthony's family insisted there was another reason for the smell.

"There was a bag of pizza for 12 days in a car full of maggots," Casey's mother Cynthia Anthony told reporters while leaving her daughter's bond hearing Tuesday.

"Do you think you would mistake the smell of a body for trash?" WFTV reporter Eric Rasmussen asked Weinblatt.

"Absolutely not. It's very, very distinctive," he said.

http://www.wftv.com/news/16968013/detail.html

Deputy Sheriff Jason Forgey also testified that a K-9 cadaver dog alerted to human decomposition in Anthony's car.

"(The dog) put his head inside the vehicle and looked straight to the back seat," Forgey said. "He alerted to the odor of human decomposition."

"In the trunk of the car?" an attorney asked.

"Yes," Forgey said.

http://www.local6.com/news/16962120/detail.html

i have a question about te stain...
a commentor on this article :
http://tinyurl.com/68p8oj
"it was such a big stain noone could have lived after losing that much fluid" (i paraphrased)
i also saw something similar in one of the threads here (no time to search at work)
can someone point me to a link or article that states the size of the stain?
TIA

Okay, so the car was towed on June 30th...but had been abandoned for some time prior to that...

That means that whatever happened probably happened that first week, June 15th....

How does the timing on the car being abandoned track to the date when the shovel was borrowed and when Casey was seen backing the up to the house?

If this occured in mid-june...then its a fairly good bet that Caylee died VERY shortly after June 15th...

here is where I am confused. The car was towed on the 20th but Cindy waited until the 15th to call the police to report the car had been stollen? What was she driving in the meantime and what did they think happened to their car?

Okay, I just checked the timeline...

Casey and Caylee move in w/Amy on the 9th.

Caylee last seen on the 15th.

On June 25th Casey tells Jesse she's free that weekend, Caylee w/babysitter.

Car towed June 30th.

*I don't see where it says on what date it was abandoned or low long it was there before being towed.

So, it seems like Caylee was dead by the 25th, and probably disposed of by that time....making it very unlikely that her ex was correct that he heard Caylee in the background on the 24th...

If I was LE I would focus on the 16th-25th in terms of where Casey went, who she talked to and what she did.

Okay, I just checked the timeline...

Casey and Caylee move in w/Amy on the 9th.

Caylee last seen on the 15th.

On June 25th Casey tells Jesse she's free that weekend, Caylee w/babysitter.

Car towed June 30th.

*I don't see where it says on what date it was abandoned or low long it was there before being towed.

So, it seems like Caylee was dead by the 25th, and probably disposed of by that time....making it very unlikely that her ex was correct that he heard Caylee in the background on the 24th...

If I was LE I would focus on the 16th-25th in terms of where Casey went, who she talked to and what she did.

I agree.

IMO Casey ditched the car at Amscot (after cashing some checks)
because of the strong odor.

When Casey left her purse inside the car....
Was that another "scenario" she wanted to create?
That both she & Caylee had been abducted?
i.e. ATTENTION from family & for them to ignore the TRUTH?

i have a question about te stain...
a commentor on this article :
http://tinyurl.com/68p8oj
"it was such a big stain noone could have lived after losing that much fluid" (i paraphrased)
i also saw something similar in one of the threads here (no time to search at work)
can someone point me to a link or article that states the size of the stain?
TIA

I, too, want to hear more about the stain.

This thread is for all information regarding Casey's car, its contents, its locations, etc.

I thought it would be nice to have a separate thread for the car because so many people have questions about the car seat, the purse, the keys, the K-9 hit, hair samples and the stain.

Discuss. :)

Car is listed at about $3,000 in value.

In the bond hearing didn't I hear the detective say that the dogs hit on the back seat and then he was corrected by an attorney to say trunk? I am unable to find that transcript. I feel that would be very important.

Car is listed at about $3,000 in value.

In the bond hearing didn't I hear the detective say that the dogs hit on the back seat and then he was corrected by an attorney to say trunk? I am unable to find that transcript. I feel that would be very important.

IIRC The dogs hit on the trunk only.

I talked to the owner of Tow Company yesterday. He said that the trunk of the car would not be opened if there was not an interior button and maybe not even then. We discussed the tow company employees knowing the decomp smell and he said many cars come in with horrible odors so unless a person was familiar with the decomp odor...it probably would have been overlooked and not reported to LE.

This could mean that Caylee's body was in the car the entire time at the Tow yard and George found it when they got the car home, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie