1134 users online (231 members and 903 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 404
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,384

    Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #9

    Please continue GENERAL discussions here. Look around Nancy has her own forum, there are several threads started on specific topics to try and stay organized.


    Links to previous and similar threads can be found toward the bottom of the page.


    Newbies.....



    I am sad such a tragedy is bringing us all together.

    I advise everyone to read the RULES of WS, Long and Short Version .

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    362
    Quote Originally Posted by d99gr81 View Post
    So why no updates on this case of late?
    Cary PD said there would be no more updates until after the arrest.
    Per another thread on this board, the next time the Wake County grand jury meets is Monday, July 28. I would expect the police to get an indictment in the morning, make the arrest by noon, and press conference in the afternoon.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    177
    Topsail posted: "Oh I agree with you and I see your point. I was just stating that to me it seemed odd. I have been separated and if my ex had my daughter I still talked to him. I know it isn't the same and you obviously have more of an experience with living together while divorcing. I think Jessica went straight to that conclusion becuase she knows more than she was telling the police possibly. She felt in her heart of hearts that something was very very wrong. Just as I did my co-worker was missing."

    We said the same thing at the same time.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Topsail Island NC
    Posts
    1,029
    LOL Stillblv - I noticed that too. You know what they say about great minds LOL
    FYI - If I make a typo I call it a Brain Fart. Till you go thru brain surgery you really can't appreciate that saying.
    As always my posts are just my opinion...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    918
    Here are some photos of the memorial service that I have not seen before...I posted it on the photo thread as well.

    http://www.newsobserver.com/news/pho...y/1147442.html

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,900
    Quote Originally Posted by macd View Post
    Cary PD said there would be no more updates until after the arrest.
    Per another thread on this board, the next time the Wake County grand jury meets is Monday, July 28. I would expect the police to get an indictment in the morning, make the arrest by noon, and press conference in the afternoon.
    After the case is presented (usually takes only 5-10 minutes) there is a lot of paperwork....An arrest warrant has to be drawn up and signed by a judge. I predict an arrest in the late afternoon or early evening.

    Also, look for Mr Blum to arrange a low profile 'surrender'......

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    185
    I don't agree with the thought that dumping the body where it was found was done so because they would never find it. They were bound to find it there since they are building new homes there.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,384
    Quote Originally Posted by d99gr81 View Post
    I don't agree with the thought that dumping the body where it was found was done so because they would never find it. They were bound to find it there since they are building new homes there.
    Yep. She was left in hurry, IMO.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Topsail Island NC
    Posts
    1,029
    Quote Originally Posted by d99gr81 View Post
    I don't agree with the thought that dumping the body where it was found was done so because they would never find it. They were bound to find it there since they are building new homes there.

    Ahh good point but from the way it looked in the photos - building would be a long time coming. Even though she would be found eventually, Brad was thinking the heat would be off him by then and the police would chalk it up to unsolved or an abduction by someone else. Again this is just a theory - just an opinion.

    Do we know yet what she was wearing when found? I sure wish I knew. All I've read was "very little clothing".
    FYI - If I make a typo I call it a Brain Fart. Till you go thru brain surgery you really can't appreciate that saying.
    As always my posts are just my opinion...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,900
    Quote Originally Posted by Topsail Girl View Post
    Ahh good point but from the way it looked in the photos - building would be a long time coming. Even though she would be found eventually, Brad was thinking the heat would be off him by then and the police would chalk it up to unsolved or an abduction by someone else. Again this is just a theory - just an opinion.

    Do we know yet what she was wearing when found? I sure wish I knew. All I've read was "very little clothing".
    No doubt he dressed her corpse in her running gear....what a chilling thought


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    185
    Quote Originally Posted by macd View Post
    Cary PD said there would be no more updates until after the arrest.
    Per another thread on this board, the next time the Wake County grand jury meets is Monday, July 28. I would expect the police to get an indictment in the morning, make the arrest by noon, and press conference in the afternoon.
    See I don't agree with this either. I don't see why they would have to wait for this date to make an arrest if they have enough to arrest him now. Doesn't make sense to me. That is saying you know he did it but will not do anything until that date...gives him a chance to run or what ever. They can hold him with out bail if they have evidence so I don't see why the would ever wait to pull a murderer off the street.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Topsail Island NC
    Posts
    1,029
    d99gr81,

    I think most likely they aren't concerned with pulling Brad off the street because the only person he wanted dead is dead.

    I believe they are waiting to make sure they have everything they need to go before the GJ and get a solid indictment and know that they have a solid case. Police in Wake County work very closely with out DA - and he's a damned fine DA. So they trust him very much. If he says wait you can bet the Cary Police are going to wait. I would bet a million bucks that the police know his every move though.
    FYI - If I make a typo I call it a Brain Fart. Till you go thru brain surgery you really can't appreciate that saying.
    As always my posts are just my opinion...

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Topsail Island NC
    Posts
    1,029
    Quote Originally Posted by Just the Fax View Post
    No doubt he dressed her corpse in her running gear....what a chilling thought
    Very chilling.....
    FYI - If I make a typo I call it a Brain Fart. Till you go thru brain surgery you really can't appreciate that saying.
    As always my posts are just my opinion...

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    646
    Quote Originally Posted by d99gr81 View Post
    See I don't agree with this either. I don't see why they would have to wait for this date to make an arrest if they have enough to arrest him now. Doesn't make sense to me. That is saying you know he did it but will not do anything until that date...gives him a chance to run or what ever. They can hold him with out bail if they have evidence so I don't see why the would ever wait to pull a murderer off the street.
    I agree w/ this. We see arrests prior to Grand Jury indictments all of the time.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Knightsbridge
    Posts
    16,856
    Quote Originally Posted by d99gr81 View Post
    See I don't agree with this either. I don't see why they would have to wait for this date to make an arrest if they have enough to arrest him now. Doesn't make sense to me. That is saying you know he did it but will not do anything until that date...gives him a chance to run or what ever. They can hold him with out bail if they have evidence so I don't see why the would ever wait to pull a murderer off the street.
    I would imagine if Brad is LE's suspect, they are watching him. For that matter they could have easily attached a GPS to those vehicles during execution of the search warrants. Knowing where he is is not a problem. Running will do him no good.

    Once they arrest, this person is entittled to a speedy trial. If this person's lawyer goes to a judge and demands this option and the DA is not prepared, it is better for the suspect. At this point, LE has some evidence but all the forensics are not done and the autopsy report is not even done. No DA in their right mind is going to go for an arrest until as you say - they have the evidence necessary to prosecute and prosecute properly - they only get one chance.

    Once a suspect is arrested - the DA is required to begin turning over evidence the minute this happens. IMO this is not going to happen. Without a confession or witnesses I would be extremely surprised to see an arrest in this case before two months because of the above mentioned items.

Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #26
    By christine2448 in forum Nancy Cooper
    Replies: 950
    Last Post: 10-12-2008, 10:33 AM
  2. Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #22
    By chicoliving in forum Nancy Cooper
    Replies: 516
    Last Post: 08-24-2008, 03:37 PM
  3. Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #21
    By christine2448 in forum Nancy Cooper
    Replies: 725
    Last Post: 08-21-2008, 01:51 PM
  4. Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #8
    By christine2448 in forum Nancy Cooper
    Replies: 447
    Last Post: 07-23-2008, 10:46 AM
  5. Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #7
    By christine2448 in forum Nancy Cooper
    Replies: 384
    Last Post: 07-19-2008, 04:17 PM

Tags for this Thread