GUILTY FL - Neica 'Marie' Gibbs, 14, murdered, Fort Lauderdale, 28 June 2008

Jadenn

Reaction score
Fort Lauderdale: Police seek details about body found by garbage bin

Police are investigating after a body was found lying in front of a garbage bin Tuesday night.

Authorities said the body had been sprawled there for a long time, but they did not elaborate. They also did not say if the body was that of a man or a woman.

More at link

Body Found Near Dumpster ID'd As Missing Girl

13-Year-Old Reported Missing 3 Weeks Ago

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. -- Police said a decomposing body found outside a trash bin Wednesday night in Fort Lauderdale has been identified as a missing 13-year-old girl.

Neica Gibbs had been reported missing since June 29. That's when her grandmother and legal guardian, Barbara Queer, said she was supposed to be spending the night with her aunt, Linda Pendegrass.

More at link

I read about this earlier and one thing that I didn't get was somewhere in the article LE said they did not contact media or put out any sort of alert b/c they didn't think she was in any danger, even after being reported missing... :confused: ... :furious: (It may not have helped in this case since it seems like the body had been there for awhile, but still.)

Is this home, mentioned in the article, the aunt's where she was supposed to spend the night?
Local 10 has learned detectives were at the trailer park inspecting a hole underneath the home where her body might have been hidden. Anthony Mack said he believed someone put the body under the trailer and moved it when the body began to stink.

Neighbors reported smelling a foul odor, but police said nobody ever notified them about it.

Police on Thursday also responded to criticism that they didn't do more to find Gibbs.

"The family's been in consistent contact with us and we had no reason to believe that there was any foul play or the child was endangered," Fort Lauderdale police Sgt. Frank Sousa said.

Investigators said it was unclear how the girl died. An autopsy is scheduled.

---------

There was a disgusting message posted Tuesday on her MySpace page. I hope they can track down whomever posted it.

Maybe this should be in the Crimes In The News Section but Necia was missing for three weeks before her body was found.

Cops: Teen admits strangling girl after sex

FORT LAUDERDALE - Authorities in South Florida say a 15-year-old boy has confessed to killing a teenage girl who had been missing for three weeks.

A Broward County judge said Friday there was enough evidence against the teen to hold him at least until the next hearing on Aug. 20. Prosecutors are debating whether to try him as an adult.

The body of 14-year-old Neica Marie Gibbs was found Wednesday wrapped in a tarp near a trash bin.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/state/orl-girldead2808jul28,0,1089040.story

Her picture:

http://www.local10.com/2008/0723/16968184_240X180.jpg

and another article:

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. -- Police have arrested a 15-year-old boy in the killing of 14-year-old Neica Gibbs. Gibbs' decomposing was body found outside a trash bin in Fort Lauderdale on Wednesday night.

Detectives said Gibbs and the 15-year-old boy had gotten into an argument on June 28.

The girl had been reported missing since June 29. That's when her grandmother and legal guardian, Barbara Queer, said she was supposed spend the night with her aunt, Linda Pendegrass.

Police said Gibbs' body was found wrapped in a blue tarp next to the trash bin, located in the 2700 block of Southwest Sixth Drive -- the same street where she was supposed to be staying the night she went missing.

http://www.local10.com/news/16968119/detail.html

Sewing Deb,

What a beautiful young girl. Seeing her smile in the news video, knowing that she has been murdered, just breaks my heart.

Her body was left by the dumpster near where the 15 year old lives in a trailer. He must not have a conscience at all.

Prayers for her family.

Wow, the murderer looks like a baby and his MOTHER needs to keep her mouth shut and let the lawyer do his job.

I am still curious about the smell the neighbors noticed and the hole under their trailer.

Wow, the murderer looks like a baby and his MOTHER needs to keep her mouth shut and let the lawyer do his job.

I am still curious about the smell the neighbors noticed and the hole under their trailer.

I cant remember where I read it but he put the girls body under the trailer in a hole and then when his mother noted an awful odor he moved it to the dumpster!

I cant remember where I read it but he put the girls body under the trailer in a hole and then when his mother noted an awful odor he moved it to the dumpster!

Thank you my friend.
I thought they found the hole under HER family's trailer not his.
Now it makes sense.

Thanks.

Teen accused of strangling girl, leaving body near garbage, will go to trial as adult

A teenage boy accused of strangling a 14-year-old girl and leaving her body to decompose near a garbage bin will stand trial as an adult, prosecutors announced.

Jason Hartley, 15, will be charged with second-degree murder in the death of Neica Marie Gibbs, whose body was found just yards away from his Fort Lauderdale home, said Assistant State Attorney Maria Schneider. Hartley could face life in prison if convicted.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/broward/sfl-0820teenaccused,0,1169671.story

From May 2010:

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/20...a-trailer-colony-neica-marie-gibbs-strangling

A Fort Lauderdale teen who confessed to strangling a 14-year-old girl after they had sex and she made fun of him for being a virgin was sentenced to 20 years in prison Monday after admitting to the judge in a soft voice that he was guilty.

Jason Hartley, now 17, had initially pleaded not guilty to second-degree murder, which carries a maximum penalty of life in prison. He changed his plea Monday morning, and under terms of a deal agreed to by prosecutors, Broward Circuit Judge Cynthia Imperato sentenced him to the prison term, to be followed by five years of probation.

Hartley confessed to strangling Neica Marie Gibbs, a fellow middle school student, on June 28, 2008, then wrapping her body in a blue tarp and stashing it next to a garbage bin less than 90 feet from his home in the Azalea Trailer Colony in Fort Lauderdale.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back