help identify this 6yo girl's voice!

angelmom

The love stays...forever in our hearts
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
http://www.necn.com/Boston/Nation/H...irls-voice-in-distress-call-/1216837204.html#

NECN: Seattle, Washington) - The Coast Guard is asking for the publics help identifying a 6-year-old girl who may be in trouble aboard a boat somewhere in the south end of the Puget Sound.

The Coast Guard received a distress call from the girl who identified herself as "Kelsey" at 5:11 p.m. and said someone she was with - possibly someone named "Kelly" - was "in the water" and was "not waking up."

You can listen at the link to a snippet of her voice. I hope they can find her!

How scary!

Please keep us posted if they find out who she is.

Wonder if they've found anything yet?
The only reports I've seen were from earlier today.

fran

It says they have suspended the search. There were flares in the same general area.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2008067900_webcoastguard23m.html

The Coast Guard suspended its search this morning for the source of a radio call it received last night from a young girl who said someone was with her and "not waking up."

The girl, who identified herself only as "Kelsey" stopped transmitting before the Coast Guard could gather any more information.

She said she was 6 years old and that someone with her, possibly named "Kelly" was "in the water" and "not waking up," according to the call.

A helicopter and boat searched South Puget Sound all night and at midnight and 1:30 a.m. there were several reports of green flares in the waters near Steilacoom and Fox Island.

Because those flares may have been in the same area as the radio transmission, the Coast Guard sent an airplane to search this morning, said Jennifer Whitcomb, with Coast Guard search and rescue operations. She said the Coast Guard doesn't normally conduct searches after green flares are seen, but decided to today because they were in the same area as the radio transmission.

The plane searched until about 8:30 this morning.

more at link

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/25792154.html

Search Suspended

From that article:

The Coast Guard said late Wednesday morning that they suspended the search because of the hundreds of boaters who have been out in the area of the search, the Coast Guard has not heard definitively from any of them that they saw a boat or that they had any type of indication that a girl was in trouble alone in a boat.

Fantastic that so many people came out and searched. I guess we just have to pray...

How horrifying! Don't they have GPS tracking on boats now? This one is sure troubling to think a poor little girl is out there somewhere possibly alone. :(

that is scary sounds simular to Caylee? The missing FL girl?

I admit it was my first thought, too. However, Puget Sound is so very far from Florida.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anniegirl401
Back