Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #10

Status
Not open for further replies.

christine2448

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Please continue GENERAL discussions here. Look around Nancy has her own forum, there are several threads started on specific topics to try and stay organized.

Links to previous and similar threads can be found toward the bottom of the page.

Newbies.....

WELCOMETOWSBLUE.gif

I am sad such a tragedy is bringing us all together.

I advise everyone to read the RULES of WS, Long and Short Version .

Raleigh NC - I just saw your post at the end of the previous thread. I had not seen Sleuthy Gal's but had questions about the VoIP.

Do you know if it would be possible for a person to configure the home phone to make a phone call to a cell phone at a certain time ? Especially a person who works with such a system on a daily basis ?

Raleigh NC - I just saw your post at the end of the previous thread. I had not seen Sleuthy Gal's but had questions about the VoIP.

Do you know if it would be possible for a person to configure the home phone to make a phone call to a cell phone at a certain time ? Especially a person who works with such a system on a daily basis ?

You didn't address your question to me, but from what I saw on the previous thread, yes,................he could program an automatic dial for his home phone to his cell phone.

IF he could remotely cause disconnects on the home phone from work and keep a log of incoming and outgoing calls from his work, he certainly could do just about anything he wants with the home phone.

JMHO
fran

I am sure it's possible - esp since everything is IP based and you can control things via computer.

But - for example, I have a wireless printer / fax machine and VoIP. I can create a doc on my PC, send it to the printer to "fax" this blank doc and sent the fax to dial my cell phone at 3 AM if I wanted to. VoIP turns everything into bits and bytes - voice, data, fax, etc. so it's easy to make it look like someone called "from home" while he was at the store - to call his cell.

(Think of the possibilities of annoying someone that pi$$ed you off - set fax machine to call them and "retry" every 30 minutes for hours starting at 2 AM... not that I would do that....)

So - if simpleton me could figure out how to do this - certainly an expert in VoIP technology could do that too without the hamfisted version of using the fax machine. ;-)

Ok, I have finally caught up! Phew! Took me forever!

We need a poll on who thinks Brad is guilty and who doesn't.

I, for one, don't think he is....and I think he should be given his children back.
Seems they were taken on no real grounds and that does not sit well with me that the courts can just come and pull children off of their parents and give them to GP and aunts that they barely know...especially in a time when what they need most is stability and normal routine...or as normal as can be given the circumstances.
If LE does not have enough on Brad to contain him, then how can a judge take his children?! Because he had an affair? So did she.
Because he had an argument with his wife? We all do that. Because he took his girls passports? Who could blame him? I would too if I thought my wife/husband was going to run off with them while I was at work one day. And it seems to me that Nancy cried to her parents about money because Brad cut her off from her high end spending. It doens't look like she was hurting too badly to me. She drove a new BMW and he drove her old car! IMO, he had the right to choke up on her spending, he made the money. I would have a problem with my husband just running amok with our checking account if he was not replenishing it. If she needed more money, she should have went out and got a job. My mom always taught me that the true way to freedom was to have your own money...and through the years I"ve found that to be a very true statement. I was in a very bad marriage but didn't have to be "trapped" because I made my own way out. We'd all like to be kept women with an endless supply of money so we could just stay home and take care of our kids, the house and have free time with friends. Life doesn't work that way.
As for her friends....women LOVE drama, especially a bunch of housewives who have nothing better to do all day. I've experienced that first hand. It can be ugly. They very well could have blown whatever NC has told them way out of proportion...as women often do because they love their friend and want to stay vigilent of their well being. But they only heard one side.
Who really knows!

I'm in no way blaming NC for what happened to her. She certainly should still be here with her girls....but I, in no way, shape or form, think that this "evidence" against Brad is any more than a typical domestic dispute between husband and wife...and does not constitute him being prematurely hung in the public eye.

My point is we all need to lose the tunnel vision.

I may eat my words...but I just don't think he did it.
Heather's husband could have done it to get back at Brad. He'd be off the radar and could have committed the perfect crime. We had a case like that on WS, if IIRC. The husband of a woman who was cheating, went to the house where the man lived that she was cheating on him with and raped and killed his wife....to get even with the man for messing with his wife. People are crazy and nothing is ever cut and dry.
Could have been Heather...because she wanted Brad and he called her the morning after to tell her to forget about it ever happening again...and now she is going through her own divorce, so she thinks if NC was gone...she'd have shot at Brad.
Who knows!
The possibilities are endless!
Why must we all fry Brad right away!?
And why must his children, Nancy's children, suffer the most by not only having to deal with the death of their mother, but also being taken from everything that is normal for them?
Nancy must have thought he was a fit father or she would not have approved joint custody should they divorce.

Not all angles have been looked at, imo. We are tainted by the Scott Peterson's And Mark Hacking's of the world.....

just my 2 pennies....

I do not know what kind of phones they had, but I posted earlier about this as being a possibility. I also had another thought. I wonder if there is a free hotspot nearby. I am nearly CERTAIN that there is one in the Bear Rock Cafe that is in the same shopping center as the HT. If BC had a laptop, he could have used Telnet to access his home system, then had the call placed from the home line. This might have created some log entries on the telnet access, but he could have erased them, if he was being extra careful. He might have been banking on no one knowing that those logs exist, or thinking to look at them.

Total speculation on my part, and there could be other hotspots in the area, but last time I used one at Bear Rock, you had to login with your e-mail address and a password. It was free, but you still had to log in.

CyberPro

I am sure it's possible - esp since everything is IP based and you can control things via computer.

But - for example, I have a wireless printer / fax machine and VoIP. I can create a doc on my PC, send it to the printer to "fax" this blank doc and sent the fax to dial my cell phone at 3 AM if I wanted to. VoIP turns everything into bits and bytes - voice, data, fax, etc. so it's easy to make it look like someone called "from home" while he was at the store - to call his cell.

(Think of the possibilities of annoying someone that pi$$ed you off - set fax machine to call them and "retry" every 30 minutes for hours starting at 2 AM... not that I would do that....)

So - if simpleton me could figure out how to do this - certainly an expert in VoIP technology could do that too without the hamfisted version of using the fax machine. ;-)

LMAO !!! I don't need any ideas of how to get into anymore trouble than normal but most interesting concept!

Thanks for the information. So the possiblity does indeed exist that the 6:40 am call from Nancy to Brad on Saturday would look like she called but could well be it wasn't her at all but a call initiated from a remote location. Since Brad is on the record now saying Nancy called him at this time, it is reasonable to assume LE would also be looking to verify this.

Wonder if it can be determined if the call was remotely initiated or not ? Hmmmm, this could get to be very interesting. Technology - amazing stuff.

I do not know what kind of phones they had, but I posted earlier about this as being a possibility. I also had another thought. I wonder if there is a free hotspot nearby. I am nearly CERTAIN that there is one in the Bear Rock Cafe that is in the same shopping center as the HT. If BC had a laptop, he could have used Telnet to access his home system, then had the call placed from the home line. This might have created some log entries on the telnet access, but he could have erased them, if he was being extra careful. He might have been banking on no one knowing that those logs exist, or thinking to look at them.

Total speculation on my part, and there could be other hotspots in the area, but last time I used one at Bear Rock, you had to login with your e-mail address and a password. It was free, but you still had to log in.

CyberPro

I am envisioning a telecom geek on the witness stand explaining this. Makes me picture the PayPal guy at Entwistle's trial who got his lawyer's undies in such a knot! LOL :)

The other thing that seems apparent here is that this is turning into the battle of the affidavits, as someone noted in the previous thread.

I think this is a way to force the hand of the Cary PD to arrest him. Cary PD wants to build their case without the added pressure of turning over all the evidence to his attorneys, they want to build the case and keep pressure on him. They are happy to use the custody issue as letting out more and more information that will be helpful in trying him in the court of public opinion, and lastly, they also are stopping people like they are still exhausting all the possibilities that the killer is still out there - the roadblocks, etc.

One of the things that defense attorneys always say is that the police focused on the husband and never looked at any other possibilities. So - they are handling that in advance by still "looking" and amazingly, coming up empty.

IMO - Brad's attorney's are trying to force their hand to arrest / charge him so that they can truly start their defense and be entitled to view what evidence they have.

CyberPro

Thank you as well ! Wow - lots to think about with all this information.

You didn't address your question to me, but from what I saw on the previous thread, yes,................he could program an automatic dial for his home phone to his cell phone.

IF he could remotely cause disconnects on the home phone from work and keep a log of incoming and outgoing calls from his work, he certainly could do just about anything he wants with the home phone.

JMHO
fran

Fran - we are getting a lot of good info about this from fellow posters - all I can say is WOW - the possibilities are most interesting.

NC was not entitled to work in the U.S. She didn't have a green card.

Further, BC alleges in his affidavit that NC had an extra-marital relationship that was not sexual. How is that an affair? It sounds like a friendship to me.

If she needed more money, she should have went out and got a job.

Fran - we are getting a lot of good info about this from fellow posters - all I can say is WOW - the possibilities are most interesting.

I wouldn't doubt if one of the people working the hardest on this case for the Cary PD is their computer expert! ;)

JMHO
fran

...Cary PD wants to build their case without the added pressure of turning over all the evidence to his attorneys, they want to build the case and keep pressure on him. They are happy to use the custody issue as letting out more and more information that will be helpful in trying him in the court of public opinion, and lastly, they also are stopping people like they are still exhausting all the possibilities that the killer is still out there - the roadblocks, etc....

I am not familiar with the CPD or the DA on the case. Are they experienced enough to handle this case?

NC was not entitled to work in the U.S. She didn't have a green card.

Further, BC alleges in his affidavit that NC had an extra-marital relationship that was not sexual. How is that an affair? It sounds like a friendship to me.

Illegals make money here every day. She could have done something to make money if she felt like she needed more....or maybe even tried to understand why her husband was choking up on her spending. $8000 for a painting seems a little indulgent to me and $45,000 in debt...he had to restrain her spending. I don't blame him one bit for that.

An emotional affair can be just as devastating to a marriage as a physical affair....more so in some ways.
I could not forgive my husband either way but I'd much rather him not be in love with someone else or share his most private thoughts, dreams and desires with someone other than me.
If he makes a mistake and shares his body in a moment of lustful weakness, it would hurt me to no end...but it would hurt me so much more if told me that he was in love with someone else.

Illegals make money here every day. She could have done something to make money if she felt like she needed more....or maybe even tried to understand why her husband was choking up on her spending. $8000 for a painting seems a little indulgent to me and $45,000 in debt...he had to restrain her spending. I don't blame him one bit for that.

An emotional affair can be just as devastating to a marriage as a physical affair....more so in some ways.
I could not forgive my husband either way but I'd much rather him not be in love with someone else or share his most private thoughts, dreams and desires with someone other than me.
If he makes a mistake and shares his body in a moment of lustful weakness, it would hurt me to no end...but it would hurt me so much more if told me that he was in love with someone else.

What was she to do with the two toddlers ? She had no money to pay a babysitter. Why generate another bill when the ones you have aren't being funded ?

Nancy's supposed affair - I find it quite amusing that Brad claims it to be true and he also claims no one knows who the man was - how very convenient don't you think - especially living amongst so many drama queens ?

What was she to do with the two toddlers ? She had no money to pay a babysitter. Why generate another bill when the ones you have aren't being funded ?

Nancy's supposed affair - I find it quite amusing that Brad claims it to be true and he also claims no one knows who the man was - how very convenient don't you think - especially living amongst so many drama queens ?

He said the affair was 4 years before their oldest daughter (who is 4) was born. The couple has only been married 8 years.

Yes, the comments section is interesting Mimi. Some people just don't seem to get it. :(

JMHO
fran

I understand them completely...and agree with alot of them.
There are 3 sides to every story. His side, her side and the truth.
Right now, because she is the vicitm, her side is the only one everyone is worrying about...and that's not a fair and balanced justice system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member