982 users online (201 members and 781 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NY - Mark Schwartz, 50, & Christina Petrowski, 48, Brooklyn, 16 July 2008

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/...klyn_lawy.html
    Did a search and didn't see this on here yet - if there is already a thread - let me know and I'll delete this.

gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain
    I haven't heard anything about it. Not even on the local news.
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi

There are quite a few articles out.

Another interesting case.

NY - Mark Schwartz, 50, & Christina Petrowski, 48, Brooklyn, 16 July 2008

"A Brooklyn couple slain in their home last month spoke from the grave in drafted last wills, leaving a bizarre legacy for unloved ones they detested in life."

more here: http://www.foxnews.com/story/2008/08...tter-will.html

Very very strange, but an entertaining read, no less.
    Last edited by OkieGranny; 02-10-2016 at 04:03 PM. Reason: broken link

Wow, funny but sad that they held on to so much anger and resentment.

Schwartz also lays out $25,000 for each of two friends - Steven Rezac and Peter Klages - but cautions them not to tell their spouses.

"This gift is conditioned upon each of them not telling their respective wives of said gift so they may not get their hands on same," Schwartz decreed.
    I guess spouses know now

tbthow is offline Baby T is out of the hospital again : ) Strong Boy!
    Sad their families had so much hatered.

Why not leave a positive legacy rather than spewing hatred? I don't know if this will is sad or cowardly. They should have written their family letters or told them these things to their faces so they at least had the opportunity to respond.

Quote Originally Posted by GizzySmith View Post
    I guess spouses know now
    Yes, but those friends aren't getting the money. I believe NY does not allow holographic (unsigned) wills, so their estates would be devised under the laws of intestacy, which means it all goes to their children in equal shares.

So the husband says in a draft to his brother:
    "So, Robert, you have a choice, you can come to my grave site to say hello out of love or piss on me for not giving you money."

then decides this:

In several drafts, Schwartz lays out his wish to be outfitted in scuba gear "and cast over the side of a vessel into the ocean where my body may rest undisturbed by any person[s] in the deep."

So I guess now Robert has to tinkle off the side of a boat..

strange bird!
    Last edited by Synthia1021; 09-11-2008 at 03:30 PM. Reason: error

Truthful Lies is offline "Life shrinks and expands in proportion to one's courage" ~ Anaïs Nin
    I think it's quite funny. I shall be drawing up a will, soon, too...just to make sure the people I do not wish to inherit do not! =)
    Where is Jennifer Kesse? www.findjenniferkesse.com

Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!

Truthful Lies is offline "Life shrinks and expands in proportion to one's courage" ~ Anaïs Nin
    Well, hey, when you're going through a divorce and soon to be ex is beneficiary...yeah...will be making some changes =)
    Where is Jennifer Kesse? www.findjenniferkesse.com

Truthful Lies, why be so full of hate (whether you personally or this couple)? So you die and head for heaven. The good Lord thinks about the prayer he taught us - "forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us". He takes a look at your will and how vindictive it is. He thinks, "This person's dying act was to be spiteful and unforgiving. No way they can expect forgiveness from me."

I think it is sad to use your last will and testament as a way of evening up scores. How much nicer it would be to use it as a way of healing wounds.

I speak as someone who has been on the receiving end of this. Me, my brothers and sisters were cut out of our grandfather's will. Why? We never did him any harm. The reason is, I think, he resented the fact my late father (his son) did not stay in the factory like him but educated himself and got a better job.

I don't care about the money (since his will was invalid for other reasons, it turns out we are entitled to our share anyway, but I don't really want it, knowing he did not want us to have any). I don't even feel angry or resentful towards him. I just feel sad that he thought he could use his will to "get his own back" as it makes it difficult to remember my grandfather with the fondness I felt towards him while he was alive.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast