1092 users online (244 members and 848 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Ms Sherman had worked for the Hunter family around ten years- at least that is my understanding from articles in the World Herald at the time. Both the Hunters worked long hours and she almost ran the household, was a defacto mom to Thomas- she would take him to her family events, they were very close.
    Sure does suggest something, doesn't it? One of these victims was the target and the other family blamed someone. At least that's how I read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Snick1946 View Post
    Ms Sherman had worked for the Hunter family around ten years- at least that is my understanding from articles in the World Herald at the time. Both the Hunters worked long hours and she almost ran the household, was a defacto mom to Thomas- she would take him to her family events, they were very close.
    Sure does suggest something, doesn't it? One of these victims was the target and the other family blamed someone. At least that's how I read it.
    Okay, now that is really weird. Have you looked into the family names for arrest records possibly of relatives? Of course, they have pretty common names. Anyway to find out a list of, just for example, Mrs. Sherman's immediate family members, esp males like brothers, sons...

Anyone who has not yet read Shutterfly's analysis of the crime scene should scroll back now and do so. It's brilliant. I have had so many changes in my mind as to motive and suspects but the point he made that impressed me was that the evidence suggests that Thomas, not Ms Sherman was the primary trarget. He looks to have been called up from the basement, either the perp knew his name and asked for him or pretended to be from school with something, etc. Ask yourself- if this was an angry ex med student or patient, how likely is it they'd know this child's name or that he was even there? To me this suggests an arranged meeting- again, what would a 12 year old boy and a 20 something have in common or where would they connect? On the internet. Don't mean to grind my theory again but it makes sense.
    Having said that, I wonder about the boys older siblings and if something they did may have triggered this. My wife grew up in that neighborhood, she didn't know the Hunters but knew a lot of kids from doctor's families- a lot of them were into drugs and dealing, out of their homes.
    I also wonder if someone in Shirlee's family benefitted from her death but think I have aired that one before.
    It has even crossed my mind that Dr. Hunter could have been doing consulting work for some secret government agency. He had the background for it, per his biography I noted from an older article on line from Creighton. Maybe that ties in somehow.
    I cannot shake the feeling that there is a lot more here than meets the eye. Also that LE may be a lot closer to breaking this than we know, I hope so.

If someone worked for me for 10 years and died, I'd want to attend their funeral and pay respects. If Thomas became an unofficial member of her family, it would work both ways.

It speaks volumns that the these two groups of people pulled away from each other after the murders, and yes, I'd vote that bitterness and blame is behind it.

I have been gone awhile from here with health stuff and other real life taking over but I am just catching up on this thread now. So sad to see that this has not been solved yet. I need to go read the rest of the thread now properly
    Rest in Peace Baby P xx

Ciara,

Good to have you back again. It'd be nice if there had been some development in this since your last post but no. Sometimes I think people will be posting on this thread two years from now, still unsolved.

I agree with others here after reading about the funerals being held at the same time. Thats really odd. If I had known someone that long even if they didnt work for me I'd want to be at her funeral aswell as my son's. The fact she practically ran their household and mothered their son yet the funeral was at the same time as their own son's is strange unless it was taken out of their hands.

I cant understand why the parents are not shouting for justice from the rooftops, this was their child. Its a peculiar case.
    Rest in Peace Baby P xx

Anyone who saw the movie 'JFK' will remember Kevin Costner's brilliant portrayal of Jim Garrison. One of the most memorable lines in that movie is in his trial summation: 'Let justice be done- though the heavens fall."
    If you go back through my postings in this thread you can see how my idea of what happened here has shifted and changed as time goes by. It has now been seven months since this crime took place. This thread on this board is about the only visable sign of any interest in getting to the truth anywhere in the world on this case.
    I am not going to be specific here but I have the idea someone is being protected, why or whom is a mystery. Unless and until the families and cetrainly the Hunters get off their butts and start raising hell here this case is going to remain unsolved. Nuff said.

Sherman did NOT work for the Hunters for ten years and most certainly was not a mother-like figure to Thomas, never taking him any where with her, they were not "very close."

Sherman worked for them for no more then 2 and a half years.

gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain
    Welcome to Websleuths Moonlighter! Do you know the Hunter family?
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by moonlighter View Post
    Sherman did NOT work for the Hunters for ten years and most certainly was not a mother-like figure to Thomas, never taking him any where with her, they were not "very close."

Sherman worked for them for no more then 2 and a half years.

It's amazing the mistaken info that can come out, one way and then another. Moonlighter, can you please give the source of your information?

Moonlighter-

My source on this was the news articles in the Omaha World Herald after the murders. If memory is correct someone was quoted as saying that Ms Sherman was a fixture in that home and had been for years. The WOWT comment boards (admittedly not an unimpeachable source) had comments from people saying how close she had been to the family. Thomas' obituary was on line with an e-guest book for comments and a couple were from people who referred to meeting him through her.
    I will be the first to retract this if I am proved wrong but I think it is clear that Ms Sherman was an integral part of that household and that the Hunters entrusted her with many of the hopusehold duties, shopping, etc - doesnt sound like the profile of someone who had been there a couple of years. It may not in fact have been ten years, it was almost certainly from available evidence longer than two.
    If you are a friend or family member of Ms Sherman's who may be upset at some of the scenerios mentioned here please understand that we are all trying to get to the truth. Unpleasant ideas and possibilities have to be discussed and aired if we are to be of any aid in the authorities in getting there. No offense to anyone is intended. If in fact you do have knowledge of this matter maybe you can clear up whether the police or the FBI have pulled the computer and phone records of the victims families?

Paste from the article on the web site of KETV, Omaha that appeared right afterward:

Sherman's family and friends said she was shy at times, but that she was loved by everyone who knew her.

Pam Rahner has lived next door to Sherman for more than 15 years.

"Shirlee was a delight," Rahner said. "She knew everyone in the neighborhood. She was always more than willing to help out with anything you needed."

Rahner said Sherman had worked for the Hunter family for more than a decade. Rahner said Sherman was "like a fixture" at the Hunter home. She said her friend and the 11-year-old victim had a great relationship.

"I had met him, about a year or so ago," Rahner said. "I met him just by visiting with Shirlee

Comments, Moonlighter???

Paste from the article on the web site of KETV, Omaha that appeared right afterward:

Sherman's family and friends said she was shy at times, but that she was loved by everyone who knew her.

Pam Rahner has lived next door to Sherman for more than 15 years.

"Shirlee was a delight," Rahner said. "She knew everyone in the neighborhood. She was always more than willing to help out with anything you needed."

Rahner said Sherman had worked for the Hunter family for more than a decade. Rahner said Sherman was "like a fixture" at the Hunter home. She said her friend and the 11-year-old victim had a great relationship.

"I had met him, about a year or so ago," Rahner said. "I met him just by visiting with Shirlee

Comments, Moonlighter???
    So if it is quoted in the news it is true with out being questioned?

The bolded part is the key part.

Of course anyone is going to say the nicest thing possible about someone they knew in this situation especially at that point, even if it is stretching the truth.

Sherman was hired after their former housekeeper retired due to old age in 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by moonlighter View Post
    Of course anyone is going to say the nicest thing possible about someone they knew in this situation especially at that point, even if it is stretching the truth.
    I understand what you are saying about people saying the nicest things possible about a victim, but I'm not sure why extending the length of time that the housekeeper worked for the family or emphasizing a closeness that wasn't there would be the first thing a friend or neighbor would think to say regarding this horrific crime.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding what your post was driving at and if so, feel free to clarify. You seem to have information that the general public does not and if you were close to either victim, I am terribly sorry for your loss. Hopefully justice will be served for both.

Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast