IL - Man caught beating dog with hammer.

imthemom

Reaction score
http://www.pjstar.com/news/x1816443794/Animal-cruelty-defendants-dogs-need-homes

Mock told Judge Thomas Brownfield he is unemployed and gets by with the help of food stamps. He is free after posting 10 percent of a $25,000 bond.

A woman had seen Mock in a wooded area and asked him what he was doing, Oldham said. He told her he was going to the bathroom, then he left in his vehicle. As soon as he pulled away, she could hear the dog wailing, Oldham said. The woman called police.
When they got there, the cocker spaniel was in a lot of pain and was bleeding, with injuries to its head, back, jaw and mouth, Oldham said.
A veterinarian did emergency surgery, but the dog's injuries were so severe it had to be euthanized the next morning. Oldham said she thinks it was around 4 years old.

Since Mock's arrest, several other people have come forward saying they paid him to kill their dogs when they no longer wanted them, Oldham said.

This makes me so angry, we have animal shelters that would have taken these animals. The nonkill ones wouldn't have but PAWS would have and at least humanely euthanized them, not beat them to death with a hammer. These people paid him 25 dollars to kill their dogs when they could have left them at PAWS for free!!:furious:

Oh Wow thats just made me feel sick. Why oh why would anyone be so cruel and especially while listening to the poor animals crying with pain. Maybe those people who paid him wouldnt have been so quick if they were made to watch while he did it but then if they had consciences in the first place they wouldnt have paid him.
What a terrible ugly world we live in sometimes. It makes me mad because animals like the old and the young are so helpless when it comes to the rest of us.:mad:

That's crazy and sick. Poor doggie. Who knows how many dogs this man has tortured?

oh my God. I am literally sick now.
I have a cocker spaniel and he has had so many problems but our love has kept him alive. The vets are amazed by this.
*I* would have taken this dog in a HEARTBEAT. Without hesitation.
My God, what sick people we have in this world.

Let me at the SOB.

If anyone want to donate to save the rest of the dogs this MONSTER had, please check out this from the link posted by imthemom

He also was breeding and selling dogs, Oldham said. He hid his dogs with friends around the county after that but recently surrendered them to the group, she added.
Of the 14 dogs Mock turned over, three died. Eleven more need homes, Oldham said. Two of those, a dachshund and a schnauzer, tested positive for heartworm. It will cost $150 per dog to have them treated.
Oldham said she hopes the money to save the dogs will be donated to the group.
"They deserve a chance," she said.
Since Mock's arrest, several other people have come forward saying they paid him to kill their dogs when they no longer wanted them, Oldham said.
"We're still investigating," she said. "There are still, we hope, more charges coming."
Donations can be sent to Pets Without Parents, P.O. Box 25, Havana, IL, 62644.

Who are the rest of these idiots coming forward saying that they paid him to kill their dogs when they no longer wanted them??? Who in the world does something like that?? If you're that cold and heartless to give up a pet once you decided, just drop them off at a shelter....where their suffering would be at a minimum.

This guy is a horrid monster and I wish I could bash his head in with a hammer. I'm so sick of wastes like this in our society.

He was paid $25 to kill the poor dog...
I would have paid him $1,000 to give the dog to me.

I would hope those who paid him to murder their dogs are also charged with something!!

oh how freaking sick is that!!

I don't understand how someone could so easily kill an animal like that.

He is on welfare but can come up with bail money...hmmm... I hope he gets investigated.

:behindbar This man should have no less prison time than Michael Vick got.

He BEAT the dogs to death. A simple bullet to the head wouldve been more humane.. but he BEAT them.

:behindbar This man should have no less prison time than Michael Vick got.

He BEAT the dogs to death. A simple bullet to the head wouldve been more humane.. but he BEAT them.

I agree PSUfan....he was unecessarily cruel. It takes a hard heart to listen to a living thing scream in pain. He must have had some kind of enjoyment out of it.:mad:

This makes me sick. I can't believe people in this world.

These threads somehow upset me even more than the ones about cruelty to children... Maybe because at least children have decent legal protection and can get justice, whereas animals... :(

Freddie Mock, animal abuser, was discovered beating a spaniel to death with a hammer. The dog was wailing and crying, and was so badly injured he had to be euthanized.

HAVANA — A Goofy Ridge man and the Manito woman who hired him to kill her cocker spaniel for $25 pleaded guilty Tuesday in Mason County court to animal cruelty.

Freddie J. Mock, 53, pleaded guilty to aggravated animal cruelty, a Class 4 felony. He agreed in a plea deal to spend 90 days in jail, pay a $500 fine and never own a companion pet again.

Connie Vanderheiden pleaded guilty to attempted animal cruelty, a misdemeanor. She agreed in a plea deal to one day in jail and a $500 fine. She, too, will never be allowed to own a companion pet again.

http://m.uticaod.com/article/20081001/News/310019918

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Countrygirlwv
Back