A Letter From Rev. Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Please understand that all the family members in this case are under tremendous stress. Non of us knows what it is like to be going along in life then all of a sudden cameras from around the world are in your face.
Nor do we really understand what it is like to be on the end of accusations, especially if you are innocent.

Having said that, I am going to post, with permission, the second email from Rev. Richard.

I want you all to read this with an open mind. Be courteous if you post in response to this email.

This email will remain up for 48 hours then removed. I will post my thoughts after this has been up for a few hours.

Please do not "QUOTE" this email. I have promiseed Rev. Richard that I will remove this email at the agreed time.

Thank you,
Tricia
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Letter removed as agreed with Rev. Green.

My response......FWIW.....Dear Sir....I am sincerely sorry by no actions of yours you have been pulled into this mess. Most of us can't even begin to comprehend what you are going through. I am praying for you, on my knees literally, for your son, your family, ALL INVOLVED.

I wish you could understand our motives are pure. Our focus is on Caylee....finding Caylee. There is no 'too far' when a 2/3 yr old is missing.

We want to help.

Just my opinion.

My response......FWIW.....Dear Sir....I am sincerely sorry by no actions of yours you have been pulled into this mess. Most of us can't even begin to comprehend what you are going through. I am praying for you, on my knees literally, for your son, your family, ALL INVOLVED.

I wish you could understand our motives are pure. Our focus is on Caylee....finding Caylee. There is no 'too far' when a 2/3 yr old is missing.

We want to help.

Just my opinion.
I also wanted to let Mr. Gund know... we all want the same thing as you.
This little girl to be found!

:blowkiss: your awesome christine2448!

Thank you for bringing this all to light. I am hurt that I might of said something to hurt a incessant bystander who loved this precious girl.

I apologize for anything I said wrong and from now on will only put "facts" from new reports and thing I would not want said about me will not be said. I am so sorry.

I agree we all here only want precious Caylee home and safe. Nobody knows how anyone would react in their place unless you are there and I would not want to be there.

i believe some have taken things too far as in when a myspace is put as private going in and changing it to public...that's just wrong. but i also believe that most of us here do not mean to hurt anyone on purpose. i believe that many of us, while not having walked in their shoes, except for some that have, that we do feel their pain. its so hard to believe that someone in this world could possibly hurt the weakest and most precious of those on this earth, the most innocent, a child. i know many of us pray and hope that Caylee is safe but unfortunately so many of these situations don't end that way. some are so passionate to find out why and what happened that perhaps they do tend to forget that while someone's name is mentioned they are real life people also. i also think you understand that part...but i also agree that while the way you help people thru your supernatural stuff might not be how someone else would do it...no one has the right to be putting anyone down for it.

i feel for your son and your family who have opened your heart to Caylee and i pray that y'all find peace.

We want to help.

Just my opinion.

Thanks Christine...my thoughts exactly..you said that very well.

And I too am praying for a postive outcome for all the people close to this case..esspecially Caylee.

We want to help.

Just my opinion.
could not have said it better, but would like to add, that if I was in this position, I dont think I would be on the internet reading what has been said about me or my family, or be concerned with someone else telling me what they read- with all due respect, I find his letter a bit....odd- not the right word I am looking for- I guess I dont understand why anyone would care at this point- the missing little girl is the point- not what is being said about folks

I agree with him. Good post.

And I respectfully disagree with Christine, even though I enjoy your posts very much. I personally feel that there is a "too far" when it comes to posting about these cases.

I understand the search for the missing girl, but I feel that some of the statements made were not helpful in finding Caylee. Some were out of hand. I mean, at some point I think someone even insinuated that they thought this whole thing could be scripted...it can get out of hand, in my opinion.

Like someone previously mentioned, Rev Grund is hardly the first man of the cloth to deal with the spirits, or supernatural. I mean, some churches still hold exorcisms. Tons of people in the world believe in Ghosts, or spirits. I just fail to see how that is odd, really. I don't personally share his beliefs, but I certainly don't question what he believes, and why he believes it. It doesn't affect me.

So while I agree that there is no "too far" in helping to find a missing child, I don't believe that the comments about Rev Grund's appearance, or calling him "weird" or pitying his son for having him as a father is at all helpful in finding Casey.

I take a bit of an issue when people use "finding Caylee" as a defense for the posts about his family, when essentially, we're all just following the case. We're in very little position to provide facts about the case to LE- We're all just following news links and discussing. We do our part by spreading the word, but I fail to see how that ties in with Rev Grund's myspace.

I have no doubt that the wonderful posters here have generated great theories- some that may have even at one time, been passed on to LE. I also understand that we all have freedom of speech- but think about it, haven't you been upset by someone else exercising their freedom of speech, at one time? Don Imus, the KKK, and many others spread their word under the same freedom- it doesn't make the right, in my opinion. It can be damaging and hurtful, and if we are going to speak freely, we need to come to terms with the fact that it might hurt others who are also victims in this case, and speak responsibly.

I do like the posters here very much, but I also happen to disagree on this issue. I think it is fine that we all post our theories, opinions, hell, even speculation- but don't be surprised if someone is hurt by it, at some point...I don't understand how some people on here with so much compassion towards the missing/victims can have so little compassion with this man, who may very well be innocent, and has not been linked to the case at all, except to be the father of an ex-boyfriend.

But, it's just my opinion. I do like the posters here very much, but those are my thoughts on the matter. I'm sure I'll be flamed to death for this posts, but I respect your opinions, and I just ask that you respect my freedom of speech, too:)

Cheers

I do like the posters here very much, but I also happen to disagree on this issue.
Cheers

It's OK to disagree.....ty for your post...I am reading again and thinking sincerely about all you said. Your opinion, as all other posters, is valued.

:blowkiss::blowkiss:

I am sorry if I offended anyone with my posts. I am sorry Mr. Grund and Jesee Grund. I am truly sorry and will watch very closely what I post in the future.

Now, Where is Caylee?????????????????

If someone hacked their myspace they have every right to be alarmed and take action. That is reprehensible.

They know the family under investigation. What if someone hacked it and posted something that made the investigation more convoluted.

He's protecting his family and I respect him for that.

Hacking someone's account probably escalated this very quickly and forced him to address it. I hope that wasn't anyone from this forum because it concerns me greatly!

:blowkiss: Thanks so much...as I said, I enjoy your posts very much, and I hated to even quote it, as I tend to share your opinions.

I do think that websleuths is a fantastic forum, and since I moved here from In Sessions- well, I find everyone is most tolerant and agreeable, and respectful to each others posts.

So I love it here;)

It's OK to disagree.....ty for your post...I am reading again and thinking sincerely about all you said. Your opinion, as all other posters, is valued.

:blowkiss::blowkiss:

Rev. Richard,
I'm deeply sorry for all that your family has been through. I can't even begin to imagine, nor do I ever want to think about all that little Caylee has been through. That sweet angel deserves so much better.

It is my belief that some sleuthers are so focused on finding the precious angels that are lost...that they look at every possible and impossible senario to bring info out of the woodwork-out into the public--so that the little angels will be found. No stone unturned, if you will. What if a good lead or complete picture came from all the stones unturned?

Your family is one of these stones, and I ask that you stay on websleuths or another venue and keep providing informatio and pictures. The good, the bad, and the ugly is what is keeping Caylee in the media right now. While it may seem like you have been thrown to the wolves, please remember that Caylee is with the wolves now, oh dear God! Caylee needs everyone to be examined thoroughly for her sake. I know it is offensive, but you can be the voice of reason, allow for the correct information to flow to the world. Set the record straight when peoples theories are off base---help the people sleuthing remain focused in the right direction by provding the truth. Your family loves this sweet angel and would do ANYTHING to help find her, let the world know! Let them cast all stones to keep this baby in the media...heaven forbid they lose interest! Coast to coast coverage is what she needs. We need to find Caylee! Everyone here just wants Caylee to be found soon and safe, just as you and your family hope and pray for.

Thank you for sharing and bearing your soul, everyone seems to have been victimized by Casey. I pray that you and your family will heal and realize that it's only for Caylee sake. Have your wife turn her my space into a public plea to find Caylee and get more pictures to the people looking for her! Don't be victimized-work with the media attention to help find sweet angel Caylee.
Respectfully,
Fivekidz4me

We want to help.

Just my opinion.

Said very well.

Mr. Grund, I have read but not posted on the Caylee thread. I am deeply sorry your family was inadvertently dragged into this mess. It's clear you, your wife and your son have too become victims of Casey's lies and manipulation.

There are many places here, for family devoted to "support only "threads. Those threads are not up for debate. We have some family members who post here and receive tremendous help and and exposure for cases not receiving the national attention Caylee's case has drawn. It saddens me your first impression and exposure to WS was what it was. I am greatful you replied and explained what you could. Thank you!

The thread you stumbled upon- if you read the description - includes debate and discussion. That said, having been a member of WS for sometime I can see where some anger and frustration of posters comes out in ways that hurt, but were not intended to hurt. It's my opinion we need an "off topic thread" for some to vent their frustration, because we care, we hurt, and mostly we are upset and angry a precious little child is missing. It's difficult as a parent to understand Caseys reactions. I know if my son were missing, I would be beside myself with greif, and I do not know that I could demonstrate the strength that other posters, Annasmom, and Kelly from project jason have demonstrated in their search. My heart aches with greif for everyone missing a family member, child or adult.

May God bless you and carry you and your family through this trial. and may the Lord please bring Caylee back safely.

I agree that this type of behavior is over the top...but honestly, how is one to know who did the hacking...police? media? private detective? websleuther? random hacker?
From what I've read from many cases, it's when things go private that things turn ugly and more "speculation" occurs...people, media, police, etc...start wondering if there is something to hide.
All I know is what I would do in this situation...I'd just make that myspace a public tribute to find Caylee. That's who needs exposure right now!

If someone hacked their myspace they have every right to be alarmed and take action. That is reprehensible.

They know the family under investigation. What if someone hacked it and posted something that made the investigation more convoluted.

He's protecting his family and I respect him for that.

Hacking someone's account probably escalated this very quickly and forced him to address it. I hope that wasn't anyone from this forum because it concerns me greatly!

IAll I know is what I would do in this situation...I'd just make that myspace a public tribute to find Caylee. That's who needs exposure right now!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

I apologize if I have said or done anything wrong concerning your family. You do have my sincerest apologies for upsetting anyone further in this difficult situation.

Also, thank you for clearing up the situation with your son. I wish him the best and know this must be a very difficult time for him. I applaud him for working with the police and coming forward about the phone call. He stepped up to do the right thing.

In a case such as this one where a precious little girl is either out there with a stranger or worse, we do try to leave no stone unturned. We are very passionate about what we do as I see you are passionate about your work. We want nothing more than to bring this child home to the people who truly love her. There is a lot we can accomplish when we all work together...families and friends included.

Again, please accept my apologies.

I do apologize if I said anything that upset you or your family, especially at such a tragic time.

I hope you and your family will join us all at WS and help keep us on the right track to helping find Caylee. I believe your positive involvement with us might help open our eyes to many things.

After all, there are some wonderful and professional people here who have put their heart and soul into finding a little girl we don't even know but we already love.

I am sure your family is going through an extremely hard time right now and I am terrified that it may get worse. I do extend my hand to you, my friend. It is times like these that even a stranger can help ease a heavy heart.

I agree there is definitely a "too far" and unfortunately it is too easy for people to get caught up in the avalanche of information, speculation, and rumor. Sometimes it is a sincere effort to find clues, other times it seems only an effort to be "first" to post something.

As for the Caylee forum, I have seen several posts where someone misheard a word or two in an interview or phone call, took it and ran with it, and a whole lot of innuendo followed...to the point of ridiculousness. When that happens, a "correction" post can get lost in the shuffle, and before you know it, the mistake is reported as fact.

I have stayed away from the threads and posts that go down this path and I am sorry, Rev. Richard, that you became a victim of this. We all need to remember that dragging innocent people through the mud does nothing to help the crime victims we are all supposed to care about.

My response is this:

This case is about a missing little girl and those surronding her.

Complaining that your feelings are hurt because someone is talking bad about you is silly and petty and taking time away from those on WS who are working hard, digging up facts and questioning those facts that do not fit the many stories Casey, Grandma and others have told.

Stop trying to take the attention away from Caylee. Stop injecting yourself in the story and having "poor me" feelings when a child is missing and in danger. I understand you are upset but this whole case is upsetting. I have not seen anyone bashing you or your wife on here. I think people question your religion because they do not understand it. They respect your right to practice it but they are curious about what you do. I do not think anyone here is judging you or your wife or your son as guilty in anyway. I think people are just trying to figure out where the pieces fit.

Concentrate your hurt feelings and anger towards finding the child you love.

If a child I loved went missing I would not be sitting behind a computer getting upset because someone called me a "mobster". I would be out there hunting and searching.

People on WS are (for the most part) normal everyday people. I seriously doubt they hacked into myspace just to read what your wife is saying. It could have been anyone in the vast world wide web or it even could have been a mistake made by your wife to set her profile public. WHO KNOWS?

This story is about Caylee the rest is garbage and attention getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10