Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #11

Status
Not open for further replies.

christine2448

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Please continue GENERAL discussions here. Look around Nancy has her own forum, there are several threads started on specific topics to try and stay organized.

Links to previous and similar threads can be found toward the bottom of the page.

Newbies.....

WELCOMETOWSBLUE.gif

I am sad such a tragedy is bringing us all together.

I advise everyone to read the RULES of WS, Long and Short Version .

Just wanted to bring this to the new thread:

Originally Posted by LillyRush
The beach trip included Mike and Clea Morwick and their children, along with Nancy and her kids. The only person who wasn't there was Brad.

In the affidavits submitted by Nancy's parents, Clea Morwick (Mike's wife) has her own separate affidavit where she discusses the very same beach trip and how she thought it was odd too that Brad didn't even try to be there for the weekend part of the trip.

edited to add that Clea Morwick's affidavit is the 3rd one, right after Jessica Adams and her husband.
Read this one: http://www.wral.com/asset/news/local...y,_friends.pdf

Michael Morwick's is on page 24, line #8. It says Brad & Clea were not there.

Now THAT is an interesting blog... gives you a little peek into the social life around there huh?

I thought it was very interesting reading.

I have an affinity for mint, yogurt and grape leaves.

Carolina Lady, I see where they (Mike Morwick and NC, w/o either spouse) went on one out of the many family beach trips together. I believe this is the one that Clea Morwick cites when she discusses how Nancy came back to the house all messed up and the bugs. That seems to fit the timeframe for that trip. So, it doesn't seem like Mike's wife was unaware of it.

All the others that they describe seem to be with them all together, with Brad being the only person notably absent. Clea also mentions that they, all of them minus Brad again, were supposed to go on vacation again during the 1st week of August.

It's interesting that Mike mentions that in his opinion Brad may have been uncomfortable around he and his wife Clea due to their knowledge of his affair. Interesting in that Jessica Adams says practically the opposite and that she felt Nancy was uncomfortable around the Morwicks. That's a whole lot of contradictory wierdness and uncomfortableness going around there.

I thought it was very interesting reading.

Yes very interesting. Check this out...it's not hard to figurre out who Mr. B and Mrs. N is

Sunday, November 12, 2006
Iron Man
Congratulations to Mr. B! Last week, he competed in his first Iron Man triathlon, and finished in under 13 hours, which is an excellent time. Last night, Ms. N threw a party to celebrate his achievement, and to celebrate that she'll get a little bit more hub-time for a while. Except that he's already signed up to do two more of these crazy races in the next 12 months. And he has a full-time job and is getting his MBA at night school and has two small daughters. I thought I was tired...obviously I'm just not doing enough.

Carolina Lady, I see where they (Mike Morwick and NC, w/o either spouse) went on one out of the many family beach trips together. I believe this is the one that Clea Morwick cites when she discusses how Nancy came back to the house all messed up and the bugs. That seems to fit the timeframe for that trip. So, it doesn't seem like Mike's wife was unaware of it.

All the others that they describe seem to be with them all together, with Brad being the only person notably absent. Clea also mentions that they, all of them minus Brad again, were supposed to go on vacation again during the 1st week of August.

It's interesting that Mike mentions that in his opinion Brad may have been uncomfortable around he and his wife Clea due to their knowledge of his affair. Interesting in that Jessica Adams says practically the opposite and that she felt Nancy was uncomfortable around the Morwicks. That's a whole lot of contradictory wierdness and uncomfortableness going around there.

Nancy was with the girls and her family in Hilton Head (I think) and came home to the bugs and filth.

Brad did have an answer to why he did not go on the beach trip w/ the Morwicks in his rebuttal. He stated that he couldn't get off work (again, if he put in a request someone should be able to confirm his request). He also said that they had a previously scheduled vacation for the week immediately following the time w/ the Morwicks (again, should be verifiable).

I do find the discrepancies between all the affidavits very interesting (& confusing!!!).

Yes very interesting. Check this out...it's not hard to figurre out who Mr. B and Mrs. N is

Sunday, November 12, 2006
Iron Man
Congratulations to Mr. B! Last week, he competed in his first Iron Man triathlon, and finished in under 13 hours, which is an excellent time. Last night, Ms. N threw a party to celebrate his achievement, and to celebrate that she'll get a little bit more hub-time for a while. Except that he's already signed up to do two more of these crazy races in the next 12 months. And he has a full-time job and is getting his MBA at night school and has two small daughters. I thought I was tired...obviously I'm just not doing enough.

Very interesting indeed!

wow! Who her has a change of heart about the husband? I know i do and want to see evidence!! jmo

I have lots of reading to catch up on... still have to read half of thread 10 before moving on to this one but I wanted to comment then go back and try to catch up. Like the rest of you, I too have an opinion! Boy are the opinions strong around here!

I’ve been an on-again, off-again lurker for about three years since the Natalee Holloway case. I came back here by way of Eyes when NC was found.

I want to preface my comments by saying I am not convinced that BC is the perp. If he is, IMO this happened by accident from an argument that got way out of control and crossed the line…. Not premeditated. There are many things about this case that just don’t seem right. So much of what is being said is hearsay and secondhand information.

Re the money issues, based upon the things said in the media and in the affidavits, NC sounds like a spoiled, overindulged SAHM that was rebelling when reigned in on her inability to control impulsive spending habits. She got $300 a week (or say BC says), she complained enough that friends AND her parents were giving her money, she sold her personal belongs, and she did odd jobs painting. IMO, NC manipulated the truth to her advantage. I have known many people, some very near and dear, who were the same. IMO the affidavits by friends served only to paint a bad picture of NC. Imagine if you will that you are not from an affluent family and are reading those affidavits. Lots of repetitive whining and mudslinging going on, and almost all of it is based upon hearsay. So little of it is firsthand knowledge that I question the actually witnessed incidents.

BC certainly sounded like a control freak, but what husband that is the sole supporter isn’t to some extent? I would have initiated some of the same steps had I realized I was in a state of financial stress. Actually, I did now that I think of it!

BC was an introvert; NC loved being the center of attention. Opposites attract; sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t.

What makes no sense to me it that if things were as bad as NC wanted her friends and parents to believe, why stick around? She is an educated woman. She was intelligent by all indications. She has a father that is in the business to help in such cases. Why did she stay there? To get the BMW X5, $2100 a month in CS, $50,000 lump sum, alimony, and the residual of the 401K after all else was paid off? This strikes me as a bit odd. Maybe it wasn’t as bad as described. But regardless, NC apparently felt trapped in a marriage to someone she did not want to be married to. But was she trapped by him or by selfish desires?

It will be interesting to see the evidence, if and when it comes to the surface for MSM to print. It will also be interesting to see how much of BC’s rebuttal can be verified in a positive manner. Just too little that is truly know; very little confirmed fact to base judgment upon. Question – I think I read somewhere that everyone in NC’s life will be ruled out as a POI – does that include the twin and BIL, mom and dad, other sis and BIL? Just curious.

This is just one more in a string of sad, sad cases. It is truly so sad that those two little girls have lost a mom who by all appearance adored them. Now they also stand to lose any resemblance of a relationship with their dad. So such. Such a shame. Why can’t adults get along and play fair?

I have lots of reading to catch up on... still have to read half of thread 10 before moving on to this one but I wanted to comment then go back and try to catch up. Like the rest of you, I too have an opinion! Boy are the opinions strong around here!

I’ve been an on-again, off-again lurker for about three years since the Natalee Holloway case. I came back here by way of Eyes when NC was found.

I want to preface my comments by saying I am not convinced that BC is the perp. If he is, IMO this happened by accident from an argument that got way out of control and crossed the line…. Not premeditated. There are many things about this case that just don’t seem right. So much of what is being said is hearsay and secondhand information.

Re the money issues, based upon the things said in the media and in the affidavits, NC sounds like a spoiled, overindulged SAHM that was rebelling when reigned in on her inability to control impulsive spending habits. She got $300 a week (or say BC says), she complained enough that friends AND her parents were giving her money, she sold her personal belongs, and she did odd jobs painting. IMO, NC manipulated the truth to her advantage. I have known many people, some very near and dear, who were the same. IMO the affidavits by friends served only to paint a bad picture of NC. Imagine if you will that you are not from an affluent family and are reading those affidavits. Lots of repetitive whining and mudslinging going on, and almost all of it is based upon hearsay. So little of it is firsthand knowledge that I question the actually witnessed incidents.

BC certainly sounded like a control freak, but what husband that is the sole supporter isn’t to some extent? I would have initiated some of the same steps had I realized I was in a state of financial stress. Actually, I did now that I think of it!

BC was an introvert; NC loved being the center of attention. Opposites attract; sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t.

What makes no sense to me it that if things were as bad as NC wanted her friends and parents to believe, why stick around? She is an educated woman. She was intelligent by all indications. She has a father that is in the business to help in such cases. Why did she stay there? To get the BMW X5, $2100 a month in CS, $50,000 lump sum, alimony, and the residual of the 401K after all else was paid off? This strikes me as a bit odd. Maybe it wasn’t as bad as described. But regardless, NC apparently felt trapped in a marriage to someone she did not want to be married to. But was she trapped by him or by selfish desires?

It will be interesting to see the evidence, if and when it comes to the surface for MSM to print. It will also be interesting to see how much of BC’s rebuttal can be verified in a positive manner. Just too little that is truly know; very little confirmed fact to base judgment upon. Question – I think I read somewhere that everyone in NC’s life will be ruled out as a POI – does that include the twin and BIL, mom and dad, other sis and BIL? Just curious.

This is just one more in a string of sad, sad cases. It is truly so sad that those two little girls have lost a mom who by all appearance adored them. Now they also stand to lose any resemblance of a relationship with their dad. So such. Such a shame. Why can’t adults get along and play fair?

Thats my opinion! Im still not conviced he is the murder though! I was one of the guilties! Im not so sure now! JMO:confused:

Yes, how IRONIC that this "spoiled, spendthrift, SAHM, who was just in it for the lump sum, the BMW, the $2100/month" happened in that coinky-dink way to be murdered just when her separation was really getting legs.

Well the way you describe her out-of-control spending and personality and narcissistic tendencies to be 'the center of attention,' she absolutely deserved this, eh?

Well, let THAT be a lesson to all those OTHER "spendthrift, out-of-control wives who don't know their place." Shape up or find yourself dead by that random /stranger who apparently hates spoiled wives and follows them around to make sure justice is doled out on behalf of henpecked husbands everywhere. Randomly of course. Not instigated by anyone or anything but their own self-centered ways.

@@

I think we should ask Nancy if she was embellishing and IF her husband was really as bad as she told everyone.

Oh, wait, she's dead.

She was MURDERED!

Hmmmm...........abusive husband who said he wasn't,..........wife who said she was abused (in other words) and now she's dead.

Decisions, decisions,........

JMHO
fran

Thats my opinion! Im still not conviced he is the murder though! I was one of the guilties! Im not so sure now! JMO:confused:

I was suspicious in the very beginning b/c of all the wives that have been turning up dead, but after some of the things starting coming out in the MSM, I really was not convinced that he did this. I'll reserve my judgment for more facts....
JMO, too.

Regardless of whether she was a spender or not really doesn't have anything to do with her being murdered.
I do tend to think it is the husband. I've just seen so many cases like this. It makes the most sense based on the information that is there. Emotions and spending aside. It is usually the one with the motive and reason and the one closest to the victim.
Seems to be Brad had a lot to lose if the divorce she was seeking went through.

Excuse me? Oh, I see. You must think I think she deserved this? Not in a million years! No one deserves to have their life taken by anyone!

That does not erase the mental picture that is being painted in the press - by both sides... like I said, a lot of mudslinging is going on and very little fact b/c those are being withheld by the authorities.

IMHO.

Yes, how IRONIC that this "spoiled, spendthrift, SAHM, who was just in it for the lump sum, the BMW, the $2100/month" happened in that coinky-dink way to be murdered just when her separation was really getting legs.

SNIP

@@

tsk, tsk, tsk. Name calling and I've only posted one little opinion. I thought those were allowed. Or am I misreading this @@?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado