1416 users online (318 members and 1098 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

PA - Edwina Onyango, 34, Lansford, 27 Dec 2007 *E. Freeby guilty*

Any help on this one would be greatly appreciated.

http://pennsylvaniamissing.com/onyangoedwine.html

Thanks!

Talisman is offline Walk lightly in the spring; Mother Earth is pregnant. Kiowa proverb
    CCJD,

They don't give many details about her disapperance at all.

Was she married?
    How long had she been living in Carbon County?
    It says she was a native of Kenya ... how long had she been in this country?

"You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and stars."
    from Desiderata by Max Ehrlmann

Hi Talisman - yep, I know, not a lot of details. What I do know is that Ms Onyango was very probably a victim of immediate and local foul play. So I'm pretty much concentrating on looking for remains found pretty close to where she disappeared. Hope that helps.

Thanks for looking at her case.

Talisman is offline Walk lightly in the spring; Mother Earth is pregnant. Kiowa proverb
    Quote Originally Posted by CCJD View Post
    Hi Talisman - yep, I know, not a lot of details. What I do know is that Ms Onyango was very probably a victim of immediate and local foul play. So I'm pretty much concentrating on looking for remains found pretty close to where she disappeared. Hope that helps.

Thanks for looking at her case.

It does make it harder when not many details are given. I do understand, though, LE has to keep some information closed to the public.

Do you know anyone local that could shed some light?

CCJD,

I wonder who it was that reported her missing? The information about her disappearance is worded that she was last seen "on or around Dec, 9 2007" That just sounded strange to me ... like she didn't have anybody really close in her life (family? friends?) Just something I was wondering about.

I tried to google her name today to try and find more information. The last name Onyango must be more common than I thought it would be. The only thing under her name, though, was her missing flyer ( I even checked under her alias - not saying I am great at internet searching because I am not!)

I've updated her page on my site with some additional information.
    http://pennsylvaniamissing.com/onyangoedwina.html

I am some what familiar with the Lansford area. My boyfriend lives in Schuylkill County and we visit Lansford/Tamaqua frequesntly. I don't know much about her case but if anyone has an informtaion I know a little about the geography of the area. I can tell you that the area is very torn up from strip and deep mine coal mining. There are many abandoned coal shafts that have been boarded up and forgotten. Also there are several sink holes that open up and fill themselves back in from underground shafts collapsing. Rt. 209 and Rt 309 intersect near Lansford in Tamaqua and is heavily traveled by truckers. Also the Lehigh River and Mauch Chunk Lake are not very far away either. I wonder if these areas were even searched? Does anyone know?

Carbon County trial soon in homicide case over missing Allentown woman

Jury selection is scheduled this week for the trial of a Lansford man charged with homicide in the disappearance of his estranged wife four years ago.

Thirty-six-year-old Ernest Freeby was charged with murder a year and a half after Edwina Onyango, a 34-year-old Kenyan immigrant, went missing in December 2007.

[snip]

Police have alleged that the woman was placed in the coal bin in the basement of Freeby's home, where officials said "a large quantity of blood" was found that matched her DNA. Her body has not been found.

More: http://www.mcall.com/news/nationworl...,4597601.story

Carbon County man found guilty of wife's murder

A Carbon County jury has convicted Ernest Freeby of killing his wife, a Kenyan immigrant who settled in Allentown before she disappeared in 2007.

More: http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/m...,7243191.story