1093 users online (170 members and 923 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha

The Nanny

Please accept my apologies if this has been discussed. I can't find it.

The Nanny. Casey and her mother say the Nanny has Caylee. They have given the name of the Nanny to law enforcement.
    Has anyone from L.E. come out and said that the Nanny doesn't exist?

I heard that L.E. did check out a lady with the same name provided by the family and that woman has no idea who Casey or Caylee are.

Any update you can provide would be appreciated.

PS. If LE can prove to Casey's mom that there is no "nanny" you would hope that mom would see the need to get Casey to talk to authorities.
    Help our Administrator Bessie
    Check out our Facebook page
    Follow me on Twitter

Tricia Griffith
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT

Blue_Dolphin308 is offline We can't help everyone, But everyone can help someone!
    Allentown PA
    Hey Tricia,

LE has confirmed taht this person doesn't exist as a nany. The name thatw as given was checked out, and the person says that she never babysat for Casey, and doesn't even know Casey.
    Be Kind to yourself, you are worth it!

By not pursuing the creation and distribution of a sketch of this "suspect", the nanny, Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez, the police are effectively saying that they do not think any such person with that name exists that is relevant to this case.

Remember, virtually everything else she told police that day was proven false. And now Casey claims that she cannot be completely truthful because of threats made against Caylee and the entire Anthony family.

So why should we believe that the one fact that she was truthful about that first day would have been the name of the person who supposedly had her baby, when all other facts about this person (such as where she lived and worked) were proven false?

And especially, if we are to believe that threats of harm to Caylee and the whole family were in fact made, WHY would Casey offer up the correct name of someone involved in Caylee's kidnapping? Wouldn't that be one of the most likely things to make these "kidnappers" follow through with their threats?

I would submit that the only logical conclusion is that there is no Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez involved in Caylee's disappearance.
    Last edited by liljim; 07-27-2008 at 07:26 PM.

Southern California
    According to LE, they contacted a woman by that name - Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzolas, who had signed a guest card at the Sawgrass Apartments, along with her phone number. LE showed Zenaida a picture of Casey and Caylee and Zenaida didn't recognize either of them and said she didn't babysit for Caylee.

Then, LE showed Casey a picture of Zenaida and Casey said "No, she's not the right one."

LE then proceeded to pull up others by the name of Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzolas who were in the Florida DAVID (drivers license) database. Casey couldn't identify any of them as being the right Zenaida.

I was asking in chat if wsers had searched this person...confirm or deny if she does in fact exist. I got side tracked and missed what if anything wsers had done about this name.

north carolina
    since i live in the nc area actually 30 minutes from charlotte which was one of the places that was mentioned i did pull up a site for nannies to see if the name was listed in there. didn't find it and i'm sure there are other agencies.

Central Alabama
    I work in a law office and we have a database to search for anyone, anywhere. I search Nanieda fernandez-Gonzales, with and without the hyphen, first and last name (both) and deviations of the first name (Zanny, Zenny, Zany, Zenaida, etc). Nothing came up in any state. Nothing came up under those names anyway...maybe she has a nickname?

One poster posited that 'Zanny the Nanny' was actually a reference to the drug Xanex. The inference was that the drug could have been given to a child to make her sleep. I will try to go back and locate the thread where this idea originated. It pretty much shocked everyone to the core.

Here it is. It came up at the end of thread # 9, and was discussed for a bit. It certainly is a sad possibility.

The general speculation about 'Zanny the Nanny' which seemed most plausible was that the mother drugged the child so she would sleep; placed her in the trunk so she would not be left alone in her carseat; partied; crashed; woke up at noon to find the child dead in the trunk of the car.

Sad, sad, sad.
    Last edited by Truly; 07-27-2008 at 05:19 AM.

Big city
    In all this time did we ever have a descrpition of the alleged Nanny, to pass out or to go on? The family with a retired officer in the house never even questioned this?

No... we've never heard of a sketch... LE must really feel this is BS if they didn't even do a sketch or descriptioin to see if it matched the woman they talked to.

I mean... if you accept Casey's story that the woman took her... then it would be plausible for her to deny knowing her when questioned by the police. Obviously the woman has credibility that makes this a non-issue for LE.

I did do a zaba search and yielded nothing for both last names but got some hits for Fernandez in some of the locations Casey mentioned.

Still I think the robbery that was posted earlier which involved Zenaida as a victim and the apartment issue is still very strange.

The great white north

Is there really a babysitter named Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez?

Investigators have not found anyone with that name who knows Anthony. Police say there is no proof the person exists.

well, I did a sketch but had to go looking for it. Some of us believe Zanny looks like this:

This is just my opinion.

I have ZERO tolerance for animal abusers. I report them.

Thoughts on the Nanny

On the current thread (#21) people are continuing to discuss the possibility of this woman existing. Sounds like Fox has just mentioned something in relation to a Ford Focus. One of the posters has uncovered a 26 year old Zeneida Ortiz that is 26 years old and owns a Ford Focus. You'll have to read over there to understand the whole discussion and where Ortiz comes from.

But, I still think that the possibility of this woman existing as the Nanny is pretty much zero. There is no possible way that she has babysat her child for over 2 years and no one in her family has ever seen her or met her.

I have a woman that has watched my 3 year old since she was 6 months old. When someone spends that much time with your child, they almost become a member of your family. She has been invited to my daughter's 1st and 2nd birthday's, I have framed pictures of her with my daughter on my mantle, she has met every member of my family (mom, dad, sisters, brother, in-laws, etc). And on a few occasions when my husband and I could not pick our daughter up, a family member has done so for us.

So I am just not buying this story at all. There is no way Cindy wouldn't have met her, especially when you consider how involved she was with Caylee and the fact that they lived in her home.
    Last edited by ella's mom; 07-28-2008 at 11:28 AM. Reason: wrong thread #

How does a woman who didn't have a job afford a nanny?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast