Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: MA - AMBER ALERT: Reigh Rockefeller, 7, Boston, 27 July 2008

I agree Capoly, but I donot see where it is posted on the main forum, sorry am new at this...pm me and tell me where to look for it..sorry, am lost

Quote Originally Posted by Knoxx View Post
    I agree Capoly, but I donot see where it is posted on the main forum, sorry am new at this...pm me and tell me where to look for it..sorry, am lost
    Hi Knox,

Thank you for understanding. New thread is http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68500 in the Crimes in the News forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Knoxx View Post
    Lawyer speaks out for Rockefeller.....6 minutes ago!!
    Clark Rockefeller’s new defense attorney tells the Herald he believes his client is innocent because he doesn’t believe a father can kidnap his own daughter.
    http://news.bostonherald.com/news/re...or_Rockefeller
    Um, the lawyer is out of his mind. Hasn't he ever heard of parental kidnapping?

On FOX, I did hear that the lawyer said that his client had already been tried and convicted in the media.

Unfortunately, as much as I hate to be on the side of the accused in this case, I may have to agree with the lawyer. The news media DOES do a lot of "convicting before trial".

Here's the attorney's crazy "reasoning":

The lawyer for con man Clark Rockefeller has come up with a novel defense strategy to make kidnapping charges disappear.
    He plans to argue that since Rockefeller was never legally married to ex-wife Sandra Boss, their divorce agreement was a sham and the child-custody order in the case is invalid.
    "If he was never married, how can he possibly get divorced?" lawyer Stephen Hrones said Friday.
    "It's a common-law marriage. ... If the order is invalid, he did nothing wrong. It's his child."

More at
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/us_w..._to_argue.html

Quote Originally Posted by STEADFAST View Post
    Here's the attorney's crazy "reasoning":

The lawyer for con man Clark Rockefeller has come up with a novel defense strategy to make kidnapping charges disappear.
    He plans to argue that since Rockefeller was never legally married to ex-wife Sandra Boss, their divorce agreement was a sham and the child-custody order in the case is invalid.
    "If he was never married, how can he possibly get divorced?" lawyer Stephen Hrones said Friday.
    "It's a common-law marriage. ... If the order is invalid, he did nothing wrong. It's his child."

More at
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/us_w..._to_argue.html
    It's reasoning like this that gives all lawyers a bad name.

Sure he and Jose Baez haven't been comparing notes?

FBI confirms mystery man is no Rockefeller

Lawyer: 'Clark Rockefeller' Faces Possible Deportation

A lawyer for the man who calls himself Clark Rockefeller says the German native could face deportation.

Jeffrey Denner, the attorney for the man authorities say is really Christian Karl Gerhartsreiter, told the Boston Globe Friday that federal immigration officials have filed legal papers seeking to turn him over for possible deportation if he is convicted of kidnapping. Removal would take place after any possible sentence.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,486261,00.html

Grand jury ro examine Rockefeller investigation

The Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office has convened a grand jury investigation into the 1985 disappearance and possible murder of a San Marino couple, officials said Tuesday.
    Clark Rockefeller, 48, facing trial in Boston in connection with the abduction of his daughter last July, has been named a person of interest in the disappearance of John and Linda Sohus 24 years ago.
    The case became a homicide investigation in May 1994. It was then that bones, believed to be those of John Sohus, turned up in the back yard of the home the couple shared with Rockefeller, then known as Christopher Chichester.

http://www.pasadenastarnews.com/news/ci_11987239

More at link.

'Rockefeller' has final hearing before trial

The man who calls himself Clark Rockefeller is headed to court for a final hearing before his kidnapping trial in Massachusetts. Rockefeller's real name is Christian Karl Gerhartsreiter (GAYR'-hahrtz-ry-tur).
    Gerhartsreiter will be in Suffolk Superior Court on Monday. His trial is set to begin May 26.

http://www.newstimes.com/ci_12339017

Rockefeller impostor to plead insanity in daughter abduction trial

An impostor who passed himself off as a Rockefeller in America for 15 years is to plead insanity when he goes on trial today accused of snatching his London-based daughter.
    German-born Christian Karl Gerhartsreiter, 48, calls himself Clark Rockefeller — and wants to use that name at his two-week trial in Boston.
    He is charged with kidnapping his seven-year-old daughter Reigh, nicknamed “Snooks”, during a supervised visit in Boston in July and holding her for six days until he was caught in Baltimore after an international hunt.

More at link:
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6360712.ece

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Tonia For This Useful Post:

Hopkins said Rockefeller tossed his daughter into the car, banging her head on the door, and shoved the social worker to the ground.

"Snooks was crying. She was saying, 'I really whacked my head daddy.' Clark was saying: Go! Go! Go!'" Hopkins testified.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=7726277&page=1
    Getaway driver testifying today.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to STEADFAST For This Useful Post:

I am here!

Why 12 years?

Why not 12 weeks?

Am I missing something...where is there a Thread for Rockerfellers TRIAL going on right now?
    IMO

"May you always have LOVE to share,health to spare,and Friends that care."

Did you find the thread?

This per trutv:

Guilty on kidnapping
    Guilty on assault & battery with dangerous weapon
    Not guilty assault & battery
    Not guilty filing a false name

No insanity found

No insanity - NICE.

Sentencing at 2 PM eastern time

Defense Atty wanted judge to wait a week. Judge said "2 PM"

There is a movie on Lifetime about this case.

"Who Is Clark Rockefeller" premiers tomorrow night, Saturday March 13th.

In what was called “the longest-running con in FBI history,” Christian Karl Gerhartsreiter, the man people knew as “Clark Rockefeller” (Eric McCormack), had brilliantly impersonated numerous people, ranging from a talk show host to a Pentagon advisor, before ultimately claiming to be an heir to the famous Rockefeller family. Confident from the success of his prior scams, Clark quickly became well known and highly respected among Boston’s elite and used his purported high-society status to charm his way into the life of Sandra Boss (Sherry Stringfield), a millionaire with a Harvard MBA and a partner at the prestigious management-consulting firm McKinsey & Company. Following a whirlwind courtship, the two married and had a daughter, Reigh (Emily Alyn Lind, “Eastwick”), before their rocky 12-year union ended in divorce, leading Clark to abduct his beloved daughter after losing custody to Sandra. With the help of FBI agent Megan Norton (Regina Taylor), Sandra’s search for her daughter exposed Clark’s lifelong con game for the world to see, and ultimately raised questions about the real man and the deception he is capable of
    http://www.mylifetime.com/movies/who...rk-rockefeller
    FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest / www.twitter.com/MissingNW
    STILL DOING IT FOR DYLAN GROENE. REST IN PEACE.

HELP FIND MISSING 7-YEAR-OLD PATRICK ALFORD.

FOOTY/SOCCER FAN? Join us here.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345