Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #12

Status
Not open for further replies.

christine2448

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Please continue GENERAL discussions here. Look around Nancy has her own forum, there are several threads started on specific topics to try and stay organized.

Links to previous and similar threads can be found toward the bottom of the page.

Newbies.....

WELCOMETOWSBLUE.gif

I am sad such a tragedy is bringing us all together.

I advise everyone to read the RULES of WS, Long and Short Version .

OregonMommy wrote>>> ...there is no way a SAHM who was out until midnight the >>> night before would go for a training run at 7am if she had to be somewhere at 8, >>> or even 9.

I agree with everything you wrote except for the above statement. I would think it odd too except in CM's interview with FOX she stated that:
* On friday night, she knew of NC's plans to meet with JA the next day
* NC mentioned to her that night that she was going to "get a jog in" the next morning

I can't get a direct link to the fox video but if you go here http://www.foxnews.com/video/index.html
and search for Nancy Cooper, it is the second video "body found".

It doesn't look like CM thinks it was odd that NC planned to go jogging prior to meeting with JA. That said, I'm now wondering if NC planned to go out at 6am instead of 7am. The only place I've read the 7am time frame is in Brad's affidavit.

I thought it was interesting about the dog hair in the memorandum of judgement order as well as Donna Rentz was not allowed to drive the kids.

Are either of the girls allergic to dogs?
Why aren't the children allowed to ride in a car that DR is driving?

BTW good morning all

I thought it was interesting about the dog hair in the memorandum of judgement order as well as Donna Rentz was not allowed to drive the kids.

Are either of the girls allergic to dogs?
Why aren't the children allowed to ride in a car that DR is driving?

BTW good morning all

Yes, one is allergic to dogs. They had one and had to find it a new home.

Brad said in his rebuttal that Donna has had many car wrecks and is an unsafe driver.

Thanks...I haven't been around the past few days so I'm sorry if this has allready been brought up. I'm going to catch up now.

Thank you!

Concerning her cell phone. It was said yesterday that her cell phone was in her car based on the 911 caller's information. I re-listened to the call and think she may have meant it was actually in the house when she said 'there'.

"Her car is in the driveway and her cell cell phone is there" ...... notice she did not say 'in there'

Sure, that could go either way, but it seems more logical to think she meant 'house' when talking about the driveway and car.

I posted this question last night. Most agree the 2 trips to the store after 6 am smell to high heaven. This seems especially true for a Saturday morning.

I would like to know what time Brad and Nancy normally got up on a typical Saturday morning. Was it his normal habit to be up at 6 am on a Saturday ?
He said he had a tennis match at 9:30 am.

I get up at 6 or 6:30 during the week, but sleep till 8 or so on Saturday.
Also, we can likely assume the girls are not used to getting up at the crack of dawn , especially in the summer months.

Still catching up for last three days.

After reading some to catch up this morning someone wrote a post that really makes me wonder about another possible scenario. I live 3 miles from that area. I travel HS road quite often and have been on that road between 6 and 7 am on a Saturday. There is not much traffic at that time. I have seen joggers and bikers on that road and as I carefully passed them, the first thing I thought was what in the word are you doing on this road. So dangerous. Which leads me to a possible thought. What if she was jogging on HS road and got hit by a car... the person quickly got out saw that she was dead, threw her into their car and continued down HS road and took fielding knowing if was deserted back there and left her there? That fact that LE is out passing flyer's for more information. Sorry but they know the cause of death all ready. People saying that it will take 2 months...I don't buy it. Maybe thats why they say it was an Isolated incident because they suspect it was a hit and run?

Just trying to think outside the box here. I need more facts before I think one way or the other... but like I have said in many threads ...I read those affidavits and it hits home so much for me...sounds like my divorce to a "T" with out the murder and I wasn't the one cheating. His rebuttal's seem genuine and can be verified... and I went through so much of the same things so I can relate. People say "how dare he run her name through the mud!" sorry but he is fighting for his girls... I have two boys whom I did fight very hard for so I know full well why he would fight. I also know how stories get exaggerated and I have posted on some examples as well. 90 % on here come up with ways he did it but no real focus on other possibilities. Sorry but to me thats the easy way out. Sure its easy to go with the past percentages in cases like this and not stick you neck out but I guess I will continue to be that person. There has been no hard facts released so its impossible to know anything. They know the cause of death and have none for sometime now. LE has continued to say he is not a suspect or POI.

Still catching up for last three days.

After reading some to catch up this morning someone wrote a post that really makes me wonder about another possible scenario. I live 3 miles from that area. I travel HS road quite often and have been on that road between 6 and 7 am on a Saturday. There is not much traffic at that time. I have seen joggers and bikers on that road and as I carefully passed them, the first thing I thought was what in the word are you doing on this road. So dangerous. Which leads me to a possible thought. What if she was jogging on HS road and got hit by a car... the person quickly got out saw that she was dead, threw her into their car and continued down HS road and took fielding knowing if was deserted back there and left her there? That fact that LE is out passing flyer's for more information. Sorry but they know the cause of death all ready. People saying that it will take 2 months...I don't buy it. Maybe thats why they say it was an Isolated incident because they suspect it was a hit and run?

The ME classed the death as a homicide.
That would exclude an accidental hit and run scenario

" LE has continued to say he is not a suspect or POI."

It is interesting the DA or cops in wake county refuse to 'name' a suspect in these high profile cases (same with Ann Miller and Jason Young).

I asked a deputy at the Courthouse Friday about that in general. He said it is done so it is not inflammatory towards the potential jury pool and does not influence someones right to a fair trial.....same basic thought with sealing damning search warrants.

I posted this question last night. Most agree the 2 trips to the store after 6 am smell to high heaven. This seems especially true for a Saturday morning.

I would like to know what time Brad and Nancy normally got up on a typical Saturday morning. Was it his normal habit to be up at 6 am on a Saturday ?
He said he had a tennis match at 9:30 am.

I get up at 6 or 6:30 during the week, but sleep till 8 or so on Saturday.
Also, we can likely assume the girls are not used to getting up at the crack of dawn , especially in the summer months.

It would be nice to know their normal routine.

I get up early EVERY morning b/c my kids get up early EVERY morning. The don't seem to care that it's a weekend or summer break. The sun's up, they're up!

Search warrants aren't sealed only b/c they contain damning evidence. It can also be sealed b/c it's an ongoing investigation. BC and his attorneys would've been served w/ the warrants and would know what was taken from the house.

It would be nice to know their normal routine.

I get up early EVERY morning b/c my kids get up early EVERY morning. The don't seem to care that it's a weekend or summer break. The sun's up, they're up!

Yep, but when my kids were young they would sleep in any chance they could. My 4 year old niece would never get up at 6 -7 am unless you drug her out....

That's why I am interested in what her friends say is their typical Saturday am routine.....

So killing someone with you car is not a homicide?

That's what I wonder. Wasn't the lady in Texas that hit the homeless man charged w/ murder. I realize that's different as he was still alive, lodged in her windshield, in her garage and she didn't get him medical help.

I don't know if there are other scenarios when it might be classified as "homicide".

Search warrants aren't sealed only b/c they contain damning evidence. It can also be sealed b/c it's an ongoing investigation. BC and his attorneys would've been served w/ the warrants and would know what was taken from the house.

That is not true carolinalady

"That the release of this information will jeopardize the right of a defendant to a fair trial"

Brad and his attorney have the SW's and know what they say.
My point is the public does not because they could be inflammatory or they could compromise the ongoing investigation.

That's what I wonder. Wasn't the lady in Texas that hit the homeless man charged w/ murder. I realize that's different as he was still alive, lodged in her windshield, in her garage and she didn't get him medical help.

I don't know if there are other scenarios when it might be classified as "homicide".

Nancy Cooper was murdered
If she was hit by a car, it was intentional

The ME classed the death as a homicide.
That would exclude an accidental hit and run scenario

If it had been a hit and run, the PD would know that immediately by marks on the body and they would have put out a call for a hit and run suspect. They seem to go after hit and runs very aggressively. They also wouldn't have classified Nancy's case as just a "murder" if it had been a hit and run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff