1332 users online (245 members and 1087 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 31 to 39 of 39
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    32,579
    Thanks to Maconrich, I googled under different scenarios and I came across this site. Interesting.....must read, imho.

    fran

    http://endabuse.org/resources/facts/

    Domestic Violence is a Serious, Widespread Social Problem in America: The Facts

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    124
    This is a very interesting theory. Thanks for posting it.

    It seems like these women were all well-liked by friends and family and did well in their careers or hobbies; whereas the men were not as successful and kind of overshadowed, causing some jealousy, I believe.

    Did the author get into this part of their behaviour or explain it in any way?

    Just wondering.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    431
    HERE WE GO AGAIN - AND WHOA! Look at the similarities to this case:
    http://www.wral.com/news/national_wo...story/3855346/

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    4,078
    No kidding. It seems like 98% of these types of cases are committed by the husband (or BF if the woman was single).

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    32,579
    Quote Originally Posted by SusieClue View Post
    HERE WE GO AGAIN - AND WHOA! Look at the similarities to this case:
    http://www.wral.com/news/national_wo...story/3855346/
    I was following that case and left to make dinner, came back and they'd id'd her body and arrested the hubby.

    They worked fast on that one, that's for sure!

    Seems NY has had a string of 'missing' wives lately.

    JMHO
    fran

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    431
    Quote Originally Posted by fran View Post
    I was following that case and left to make dinner, came back and they'd id'd her body and arrested the hubby.

    They worked fast on that one, that's for sure!

    Seems NY has had a string of 'missing' wives lately.

    JMHO
    fran
    I guess because he ended up confessing - gotta give him a little credit for that. but only the teensiest bit. Still it is a touch less cowardly than our friend, BC.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    32,579
    Quote Originally Posted by SusieClue View Post
    I guess because he ended up confessing - gotta give him a little credit for that. but only the teensiest bit. Still it is a touch less cowardly than our friend, BC.
    Oh, but don't you know his 'new attorney' is planning to have it thrown out because he confessed after being interrogated for several hours and he was sleep deprived.

    IMO, if he had not been so busy murdering his wife, doing his wash and running errands, going to McDonalds and then taking and dumping his wife's nude body along the road like a piece of trash, taking his car and flatening the tire and walking two miles home and THEN going back to the location of the car and making a bogus cell call with his WIFE'S phone and then whining on tv that he'd let them have his cars for his {sniff, sniff,} wife back, he might have had time for a few HOURS of sleep.

    What a fool.

    JMHO
    fran

    PS.......he did put up posters though,...........of his wife in her wedding dress?

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    431
    Quote Originally Posted by fran View Post
    Oh, but don't you know his 'new attorney' is planning to have it thrown out because he confessed after being interrogated for several hours and he was sleep deprived.

    IMO, if he had not been so busy murdering his wife, doing his wash and running errands, going to McDonalds and then taking and dumping his wife's nude body along the road like a piece of trash, taking his car and flatening the tire and walking two miles home and THEN going back to the location of the car and making a bogus cell call with his WIFE'S phone and then whining on tv that he'd let them have his cars for his {sniff, sniff,} wife back, he might have had time for a few HOURS of sleep.

    What a fool.

    JMHO
    fran

    PS.......he did put up posters though,...........of his wife in her wedding dress?
    Ok...I rescind my statement - he and BC should be best friends...maybe they could be PEN-PALS get it?

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    3,929
    Reviving this old thread....see that there's been some great discussion about the specific type of abuser who seeks to "erase" his partner. At worst, these cases end in murder, but many do not. The Holly Collins case, where her ex used bogus parental alienation theories as a way to try to "erase" her from the lives of her children is a good example of how these cases often go as well. Just wanted to let you know that the Collins case has been made into a documentary "No Way Out But One." It's currently in post-production but look for it soon at a film festival near you. It's estimated that 58000 children are entered into unsupervised contact with abusers each year....including Holly's and my own. And it's going to keep happening until enough people say "Enough!" and push for reforms. I've started a resource thread and discussion thread for protective parents in the General Discussion area.

    October is Domestic Violence Prevention Month. Get the word out!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-26-2013, 11:30 PM

Tags for this Thread