Five members of polygamous sect arrested

Blue_Dolphin308

We can't help everyone, But everyone can help some
Reaction score
http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/07/28/polygamy.indictment/index.html

"-- Five members of a polygamous sect who were indicted alongside leader Warren Jeffs last week turned themselves in Monday to face sexual assault charges, Texas authorities said.
From top left, clockwise: Allan Keate, Raymond Jessop, Michael Emack and Merrill Jessop were all indicted.

Four of Jeffs' followers were charged with one count of sexually assaulting a girl under the age of 17, and each faces five to 99 years in prison, Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott said. One of those four also faces a bigamy charge."

http://radio.woai.com/cc-common/news...rticle=4016925
Five FLDS Suspects Surrender

Named in the indictments, which were handed up last week, are two leaders of the Yearning for Zion Ranch, Merrill Leroy Jessop, 33, and Raymond Merrill Jessop, 36. Each ischarged with one count of sexually assaulting a child, a first-degree felony which carries a potential sentence of life in prison. Merrill Jessop is also charged with bigamy, also a first degree felony. Also charged with sexually assaulting a child are Michael Emack, 57, and Allan Eugene Keate, 56. A fifth man, Lloyd Barlow, 38, is charged with three counts of failure to report child abuse. He faces a maximum of up to six months in jail on the misdemeanor count.

Abbott hinted at the possibility of additional charges involving the financial structure of the YFZ Ranch.There appears to be a large amount of money involved in the FLDS group. We don’t know how much at this time, but questions have been raised but among law enforcement and in Congressional level, about where has this money come from, and has it all been obtained legally,” Abbott said.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5i...DDo4QD9274KQ80

PHOTOS

Raymond Merrill Jessop, 36, Allan Eugene Keate, 56, Michael George Emack, 57, and Merrill Leroy Jessop, 33, were charged with one count each of sexual assault of a child, a felony punishable by a sentence ranging from five to 99 years or life in prison. Their bond was set at $100,000 each.

Merrill Leroy Jessop also was charged with bigamy, a felony with the same potential penalties as the sexual assault charge.

Lloyd Hammon Barlow, 38, the ranch's onsite physician, was charged with three counts of failure to report child abuse, a misdemeanor punishable by up to six months in prison. His bond was set at $5,000.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/07/28/...my.indictment/
Lloyd Hammon Barlow, 38, charged with the misdemeanor failure to report child abuse, faces a sentence of up to six months in prison and a fine of $2,000 per count.

Jeffs was charged Tuesday with sexual assault of a child, a first-degree felony. A conviction on the charge could mean a maximum penalty of five to 99 years or life in prison and a fine of $10,000, said Dirk Fillpot, a spokesman for the attorney general.

Keep in mind, that the charges for the men and those three charges for the Doc could only be the tip of the iceberg. The investigation is still ongoing.

I hope they won't stop at just the girls who were sealed recently. I hope they will go back on those who were 'sealed' as a minor and had children as minors.

BTW I haven't heard, what has been done about the Canadian girl?

I haven't heard anything about the Canadian girl. Note in the below article no mention is made of Merrill Jessop's bail.

http://www.myeldorado.net/
PHOTO OF DR. BARLOW
Doctor Lloyd Barlow was released from the Schleicher County Jail this afternoon after posting bail on three Class B misdemeanor charges of Failure to Report Child Abuse.

The remaining four suspects are reportedly having trouble making bail after the Texas Attorney General's Office opposed a bail reduction. Raymond Jessop, Allan Keate and Michael Emack, all charged with Sexual Assault of a Child (1st Degree Felony) remain behind bars awaiting $100,000 cash bond for each. Meanwhile Leroy Jessop is held in lieu of $200,000 bail on a charge of Sexual Assualt of a Child and Bigamy, both 1st Degree Felonies.

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_10037692

Doyle ordered the men to avoid their victims, stay in Texas and notify law enforcement before leaving Schleicher County while they await trial. Lloyd H. Barlow, a physician charged with three misdemeanors, posted a $15,000 bail and was released after spending one night in jail. The other four men, who face first-degree felony charges, remain jailed because they have not yet posted $100,000 bonds set for each charge by 51st District Judge Barbara Walther.

Allen E. Keate's alleged sexual assault of a minor occurred on or about April 8, 2006. A bishop's record taken from the ranch and dated March 2007 said Keate, 56, had a "spiritual wife" who was 17 and a mother. Michael G. Emack, 57, is alleged to have sexually assaulted a minor on or about Oct. 6, 2004. Evidence from the ranch said he fathered a child with a 16-year-old girl. Merril Leroy Jessop, 33, faces one count of bigamy for allegedly engaging in an illegal marriage on July 27, 2006, with a girl who was younger than 16.

$15,000 bail for 3 misdemeanors? Dang, that is high.

They have started filing on the bigamy charges too, I wondered if they would. On Merril, is he also charges with sex charges?

$15,000 bail for 3 misdemeanors? Dang, that is high.

They have started filing on the bigamy charges too, I wondered if they would. On Merril, is he also charges with sex charges?
I would imagine they would but that's not being reported as yet, just the bigamy.

http://www.rickross.com/reference/polygamy/polygamy1009.html
Barlow was indicted on July 22 on a charge of failure to report sex abuse. In an interview last May with The Salt Lake Tribune, the doctor insisted that sexual abuse did not occur at the FLDS' Yearning For Zion Ranch near Eldorado.

In an affidavit written by CPS caseworker Paul Dyer that was filed with the court Tuesday, Barlow said he had delivered many babies to minor girls. "Dr. Barlow was asked if he had ever delivered children to girls under the age of 18 on the ranch and he said many times both on this ranch and in other places," Dyer wrote.

Barlow also informed CPS that domestic violence is something handled internally by the FLDS. "(A caseworker) asked Dr. Barlow what a young woman's recourse was should she be a victim of domestic violence," Dyer wrote. "Dr. Barlow stated that the church elders would handle the situation first."

http://www.rickross.com/reference/polygamy/polygamy1011.html
Documents filed in a San Angelo court on Tuesday allege more marriages - including a pair of 12 year olds married to Jeffs.

In dictations made by Jeffs, other FLDS leaders are implicated in the marriage ceremonies-including YFZ Ranch leader Merril Jessop.

Affidavits filed by child welfare workers claim evidence of at least 10 underrage marriages.The girls range in age from 12 to 16, CPS said.

http://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,700250157,00.html

Texas Rangers are investigating 20 cases of sexual assault and about 50 bigamy charges involving members of the FLDS Church, the Deseret News has learned

Hundreds of boxes of evidence were seized from the ranch, including diaries, photographs, thousands of pages of dictations by Jeffs and other FLDS records. Evidence from the case is so plentiful that the conference room at the Texas Department of Public Safety's San Angelo office was converted into an evidence locker. "The room is almost filled up," Ray Coffman, chief of the Texas Rangers, wrote in an e-mail obtained by the Deseret News through Texas public records laws. He also said all financial records and computers were released to the FBI for its case against the FLDS Church

Rod Parker, a Salt Lake attorney acting as spokesman for the Fundamentalist LDS Church, was surprised by the sheer number of sexual assault and bigamy cases. And he insists there aren't enough men practicing plural marriage at the Yearning For Zion ranch outside Eldorado, Texas, to come up with 50 bigamy investigations. I think they would have a problem coming up with 50 bigamy charges without charging the women," Parker said.

Shame on you Molly! You know that is all lies. You know there is no sexual abuse in those homes. You know there is no plural marriage. And you know there is no child abuse.

You know that because they have told us so. They showed us their homes, they cried on TV!

Besides that, anything that is done in those homes is done in love. (evil cackle)

Shame on you Molly! You know that is all lies. You know there is no sexual abuse in those homes. You know there is no plural marriage. And you know there is no child abuse.

You know that because they have told us so. They showed us their homes, they cried on TV!

Besides that, anything that is done in those homes is done in love. (evil cackle)
:whistle: :doh:
Pardon me, I forgot! :rolleyes: :crazy:

Isn't it amazing that despite all their claims to the contrary LE & the FBI have all those documents :deal: saying it did happen!

Not only that, but what's wrong with girls getting married at 12-16, or even as soon as they hit puberty anyway? What's the problem with FLDS practices that silly 'gentiles' label bigamy, child abuse, fraud, violation of child labor laws, failure to obtain the correct permits, violation of health and safety regulations and income tax evasion, etc? People do all these in other places around the world. Hell, people here do these things too. Why not just abolish all the laws and regs and let everyone do whatever they want anyway. 'Gentile' girls get pregnant at FLDS marriagable ages in our society. Wouldn't be better to have them married, even plurally, even if it constituted pedophilia by modern definitions? Who is to say that people following a pedophile profit with a direct line to God have to follow the laws of the land. Every religion is doing, or has done, bad things too. The only thing that matters here is that CPS and others leave these people alone and let them break whatever local, state and federal laws they feel like breaking without any nosy, pesky government interference and that the general society keeps sending in those tax dollars so that men who build families too large for them to support and nuture and too many male children to absorb into their closed society can rely on outsiders to do it for them, because, after all, the FLDS is God's chosen people and mere man's laws needn't apply. Their head ped, Warren J, is on every wall, on every bed-side tabel and perpetually on a conference call with The Almighty. Oh, but I forgot, that bleeding the beast accusation is all a lie, as ia every other charge or characterization against them.:boohoo: It's all lies...lies, lies, damn lies, I tell you...blah, blah, apostates, blah, blah, persecution, blah, blah, genocide, blah blah. Everybody else does it too and worse, blah, blah. Gentile society is so bad, blah, blah. Forget local, state and federal laws and regulations. The FLDS should be telling us how to live. Blah, blah, blah. (Where's the icon dripping with sarcasm.) :mad:

:whistle: :doh:
Pardon me, I forgot! :rolleyes: :crazy:

Isn't it amazing that despite all their claims to the contrary LE & the FBI have all those documents :deal: saying it did happen!

Now, now. It was all done out of love- ordered by the profit. Preordained by the genology chart.

Not only that, but what's wrong with girls getting married at 12-16, or even as soon as they hit puberty anyway? What's the problem with FLDS practices that silly 'gentiles' label bigamy, child abuse, fraud, violation of child labor laws, failure to obtain the correct permits, violation of health and safety regulations and income tax evasion, etc? People do all these in other places around the world. Hell, people here do these things too. Why not just abolish all the laws and regs and let everyone do whatever they want anyway. 'Gentile' girls get pregnant at FLDS marriagable ages in our society. Wouldn't be better to have them married, even plurally, even if it constituted pedophilia by modern definitions? Who is to say that people following a pedophile profit with a direct line to God have to follow the laws of the land. Every religion is doing, or has done, bad things too. The only thing that matters here is that CPS and others leave these people alone and let them break whatever local, state and federal laws they feel like breaking without any nosy, pesky government interference and that the general society keeps sending in those tax dollars so that men who build families too large for them to support and nuture and too many male children to absorb into their closed society can rely on outsiders to do it for them, because, after all, the FLDS is God's chosen people and mere man's laws needn't apply. Their head ped, Warren J, is on every wall, on every bed-side tabel and perpetually on a conference call with The Almighty. Oh, but I forgot, that bleeding the beast accusation is all a lie, as ia every other charge or characterization against them.:boohoo: It's all lies...lies, lies, damn lies, I tell you...blah, blah, apostates, blah, blah, persecution, blah, blah, genocide, blah blah. Everybody else does it too and worse, blah, blah. Gentile society is so bad, blah, blah. Forget local, state and federal laws and regulations. The FLDS should be telling us how to live. Blah, blah, blah. (Where's the icon dripping with sarcasm.) :mad:

LOL, Yolorado why don't you tell us what you really feel?

You forgot to add incest to the list. Then in all the rest of society sons could marry their mothers, cousins could marry... LOL, what a society. No need for WS, because without laws there would be no crime. I guess that would be one way to lower the crime rate. Of course women would be no better than breeding stock, bearing kids, keeping the house and pleasing our husbands, offering our backs whenever he wished to beat us. Of course there would always be a chance that we might get lucky and the profit might decide that we would be more productive with another husband and he might decide to marry us to someone else. Hopefully someone that wouldn't hit as hard.

But no worries, if I worked real hard and stayed sweet, then maybe I just might get lucky and my husband might get to go to heaven. Who knows, maybe he would even take me with him.

Lawyers for a member of the Fundamentalist LDS Church may be trying to prevent that person from testifying before a grand jury investigating crimes within the polygamous sect.
A hearing on a motion to quash a subpoena was held behind closed doors here on Friday. Little else is known about what happened at the hearing or why there is concern about anyone's testimony.
http://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,700251275,00.html

Looks like LE has come across at least one serious name that FLDS is trying very hard to prevent their testimony. Wonder who that is?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back