1000 users online (124 members and 876 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

OH - Dead Teen's Rape Linked To Morgue Attendant

A former morgue worker has pleaded not guilty to having sex with a corpse.
    http://www.610wtvn.com/cc-common/new...rticle=4018815

Karen Range was a 19 year old murder victim. Her killer has admitted to killing her, but has always denied he raped her. DNA shows he didn't, and the morgue worker matches the DNA. They are now checking others who came through the morgue at the time.

Ex-Morgue Worker Accused Of Sex With Corpse
    Man Forced To Give DNA Sample 20 Years After Suspicion

A grand jury indicted a former employee of a Cincinnati coroner’s office with the abuse of a corpse more than two decades ago, WLWT-TV in Cincinnati reported.

Prosecutors said Kenneth Douglas, 55, of Westwood, Ohio, sexually assaulted the body of 19-year-old Karen Range, who was murdered during an attempted rape Aug. 19, 1982, at her home.
    http://www.wlwt.com/news/17020373/detail.html

Coroner: DNA From 29 Past Homicides Being Tested
    http://www.kypost.com/content/wcposh...9-1f2066c334d9

There are some real sick people in this world . I cant believe a person would be that sick to do something like that.
    Joann thank you for showing me all the beautiful things in this world especially yourself!!!

It's absolutely mind boggling the things that can get people sexually aroused. Certainly not something I could ever understand. But... rape isn't sexual, it's aggressive, or so I am told... so maybe this isn't a sexually arousing thing so much as a hate thing as well. I don't know. Just a thought.
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

Quote Originally Posted by GlitchWizard View Post
    It's absolutely mind boggling the things that can get people sexually aroused. Certainly not something I could ever understand. But... rape isn't sexual, it's aggressive, or so I am told... so maybe this isn't a sexually arousing thing so much as a hate thing as well. I don't know. Just a thought.
    Actually from what I have read, a person who has necrophilia is considered to be mentally ill. And they don't think of this as rape, they think of it as a "loving" thing. They don't see it as defiling the remains or aggressive or even without consent.

What I am interested in is the effect on the murder case. Range's killer was convicted of murder and the rape was brought up in his trial. His is a death penalty case. Ohio law says that to make a case a death penalty case, there has to be conviction on two felonies. Murder, plus something else like rape, kidnapping or something. Steffen was convicted of aggravated burglary. Now the rape was brought up in his trial and has been disproven, so it looks like he may get a new trial.

This article is pretty good about explaining the issues.
    http://www.local12.com/news/local/st...8-ab194097a51f

BTW, when Kenneth Douglas left the coroner's office he was employed at a funeral home.

This is near me. The radio news was saying there could potentially be thousands of victims as he worked there for 16 years (don't quote me on this, I was driving with my screaming toddler).

Quote Originally Posted by asher1979 View Post
    This is near me. The radio news was saying there could potentially be thousands of victims as he worked there for 16 years (don't quote me on this, I was driving with my screaming toddler).
    Odell has said they are currently testing 29 other cases at this point. And after Douglas left the morgue, he worked in a funeral home.

Reading the article I posted above, the description of necrophilia reminded me a lot of what I have read about pedos. Doesn't believe it is wrong, sees it as loving, etc.

Oh I am so getting cremated. Like immediately. No embalming and somebody best accompany me to the crematory.

Ewwwwwwww. Is nothing sacred?

Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    Oh I am so getting cremated. Like immediately. No embalming and somebody best accompany me to the crematory.

Ewwwwwwww. Is nothing sacred?
    Unfortunately, no.

Just think, nothing seems to be safe... kids, animals, unconcious people, animals, picnic tables, dead people.

If this guy is sick enuff to do that.. What else has he done outside the morgue to people that was still living ?
    Joann thank you for showing me all the beautiful things in this world especially yourself!!!

That is just soooooooooooooooo GROSS I'm not gonna read past the 1st post.

More Prison for Sex w/Corpses

Published : Wednesday, 03 Feb 2010, 12:55 PM CST

MYFOXDFW.COM

A former Ohio morgue worker in prison for having sex with a corpse awaiting autopsy has been sentenced on two more counts of sexually assaulting corpses.

A judge on Tuesday sentenced 56-year-old Kenneth Douglas to three years in prison. Douglas pleaded guilty in October to two counts of gross abuse of a corpse for violating the bodies of two 1991 female homicide victims.

more here

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/wei...-sex-w_corpses
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

Oh lord.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

http://www.forensicpsychiatry.ca/paraphilia/necro.htm

So, necrophilia is all about sexual arousal related to dead bodies. You won't find the words, power or control, in the article linked above. Can we think about that? Necrophilia is in the DSM-IV and is classified as a mental illness. So is pedophilia. They are listed under the sexual paraphilias:

http://www.psychologistanywhereanyti...ilias_list.htm

Am I correct in concluding that it's totally unlike rape which is all about control and power? But aren't most (not all) rapists also sexually aroused--either before, during or after the crime? Isn't part of the attraction of necrophilia, pedophila, elder rape, and rape of the severely disabled, the total control one has over a "partner"?

I'm always left thinking that all these crimes and paraphilias are a combination of sexual arousal, control, power, narcissism, and sociopathy. A nasty stew, to be sure.

No words other than I think if any thread on WS would ever make me literally ill this one would.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast