Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #13

Status
Not open for further replies.

christine2448

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Please continue GENERAL discussions here. Look around Nancy has her own forum, there are several threads started on specific topics to try and stay organized.

Links to previous and similar threads can be found toward the bottom of the page.

Newbies.....

WELCOMETOWSBLUE.gif

I am sad such a tragedy is bringing us all together.

I advise everyone to read the RULES of WS, Long and Short Version .

To reply to the person who said they had the machines on auto back up. Maybe for a small company yes... Cisco has way to many employees and way to much information. They do not back up everyones hard drive. They use roaming profiles. So anything saved on his desktop (for those who don't understand thats a file saved in the area of your icons on the screen... where you see your wall paper picture) would be back up on his roaming profile that is it.

Going home good night!

To reply to the person who said they had the machines on auto back up. Maybe for a small company yes... Cisco has way to many employees and way to much information. They do not back up everyones hard drive. They use roaming profiles. So anything saved on his desktop (for those who don't understand thats a file saved in the area of your icons on the screen... where you see your wall paper picture) would be back up on his roaming profile that is it.

Going home good night!

I do not believe that this is correct. Cisco employee's laptops run automated backup programs every day - and I believe it's WAYYY more than just the desktop files. it's many megabytes of data being backed up.

Data storage is cheap these days - and not backing up an employee's PC leaves the potential for hundreds of hours of work being lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddress58
Thank you too, d. I'm getting a good lesson here.

No Cisco is not an internet company, but they would have a server and more than likely an IT Dept.

The IT Dept, where I work can pull up and look at anything you are doing on your pc at anytime. If you use email or pull up web sites you are using internet and it goes into the server drive for the company. They can also go back and get deleted items from anyones pc. It all depends on how long they keep the info served on there servers. It's kept for a week where I work. None the less, you can never totally delete you hard drive.

I do not believe that this is correct. Cisco employee's laptops run automated backup programs every day - and I believe it's WAYYY more than just the desktop files. it's many megabytes of data being backed up.

Data storage is cheap these days - and not backing up an employee's PC leaves the potential for hundreds of hours of work being lost.

That's correct. The company I work for is not a small company and the data on the internet connection is stored. Most emails are stored differently so that would not even be included in server data storage.

Carrie Clarke could have easily admitted or denied what BC stated about Friday mornings cancellation. Did they not want to show BC did state some truth in his statement if he is telling the truth? She jogged with NC and had to know some things about BC. I can't imagine she had many different things to say about BC or did she? :confused:

Diana Duncan's husband???? Did he not do one because he had some positive things to say?

I am just saying it is strange to see who was picked and chosen...Many spouses, but the ones directly across the street only the wife did one? JA jogs with NC, but so does Carrie.

Theresa went to the cameras immediately talking about her friend NC, started organize the search, where is she?

This was for the custody case not criminal...why would they not do a statement? This is why I find it strange not everyone involved with NC did one.

whew! go away for a while and you have to play catch up on the reading! LOL

Okay, thanks to Jilly and Fran for the kind words in regards to surviving a bad marriage. :)

Now, about the car being in NC name even though she did not work outside of the home, drawing a paycheck, per say.
Recently my husband attended a seminar on retirement offered thru his employer. The speaker talked about wills. He said that EVERYTHING should be in both the husbands and wife's name if the wife did not work outside of the home. House, cars, etc.
Otherwise, if the husband dies before the wife, the wife goes thru a lot of legal mess trying to get those things put in her name. Titles, mortgages, etc .
Maybe that is why the car was in NC name.
Or maybe not.
Anyway, so what if she was not bringing any money into the household? She could not work , remember?? Canadian citizen in the U.S. under her husbands visa.

If he did murder NC and it was premeditated, I'm sure BC had the knowledge to think all this through beforehand; and nothing will be on his computer to incriminate him. If it wasn't pre-meditated; that's a different story. I'm sure if he's innocent, he won't mind them looking at anything! I'd WANT them to.

That's correct. The company I work for is not a small company and the data on the internet connection is stored. Most emails are stored differently so that would not even be included in server data storage.
How about Google searches? Is that stored?

No vehicle registered in Nancy's name from what I see. Where was it said it was in her name? I know she wanted it paid off and in her name in her settlement, but I don't think it currently is.

LE is certainly going after Brad now. They sure handle investigations in a very quiet manner. I would have thought that they would have some serious physical evidence by now. At what point is LE required to name a person of interest or a suspect? Does anyone know? I would have thought that LE would have to have some probable cause to get the new search warrant. But no person of interest. It seems a little unfair.

How about Google searches? Is that stored?

Anything that goes through the internet, so searches would be cached. The best way to understand this is if you open a document that is saved on your pc such as you pictures folder that is not stored. If you open an internet window such as WS it's stored, if you do a search on Google and click on that link it's stored

No vehicle registered in Nancy's name from what I see. Where was it said it was in her name? I know she wanted it paid off and in her name in her settlement, but I don't think it currently is.

I believe that was one of those assumptions that seem to pop up - kinda like the $1200 purse.

LE is certainly going after Brad now. They sure handle investigations in a very quiet manner. I would have thought that they would have some serious physical evidence by now. At what point is LE required to name a person of interest or a suspect? Does anyone know? I would have thought that LE would have to have some probable cause to get the new search warrant. But no person of interest. It seems a little unfair.

LE doesn't have to name a suspect or person of interest at all. When they believe they have enough evidence they will go to the DA and present it. either the DA will take it to a Grand Jury or send LE back with a request for further evidence. There is no time limit - when the DA is comfortable they will make a move to obtain an arrest warrant. LE can arrest and sometimes does when they feel there is a danger to the public for example.

LE had to have probable cause to get both of the two new warrants we have heard of.

LE doesn't have to name a suspect or person of interest at all. When they believe they have enough evidence they will go to the DA and present it. either the DA will take it to a Grand Jury or send LE back with a request for further evidence. There is no time limit - when the DA is comfortable they will make a move to obtain an arrest warrant. LE can arrest and sometimes does when they feel there is a danger to the public for example.

LE had to have probable cause to get both of the two new warrants we have heard of.

true that RC, and LE doesn't seem to think that there is a danger to the public, the only danger was to Nancy Cooper.

Anything that goes through the internet, so searches would be cached. The best way to understand this is if you open a document that is saved on your pc such as you pictures folder that is not stored. If you open an internet window such as WS it's stored, if you do a search on Google and click on that link it's stored

That depends on the company. It all depends on the company. They can save as little or as much as they want to. Cisco employees have a lot of um, internet freedom you might say? So storing everyone's data might get to be horrendous. I don't know what they store or don't store. It is all company specific to what they want to keep. If they do a forced backup from the network, they could indeed store your picture file located on your desktop. Or they could save and store nothing. And lots of work for Cisco is done via VPN where your PC is coming through your high speed data line, but only your networked stuff into Cisco is available to Cisco.

But bottom line is if you are at work, always assume they can see everything you are doing :)

Hi! I think if you look at the tentative divorce papers, there is a section about changing the titles giving each party clear title to one of the vehicles.

Look in the legal documents thread for the Separation Agreement and Property Settlement (Post #3). The information is on pages 9 and 10 of the document.

That depends on the company. It all depends on the company. They can save as little or as much as they want to. Cisco employees have a lot of um, internet freedom you might say? So storing everyone's data might get to be horrendous. I don't know what they store or don't store. It is all company specific to what they want to keep. If they do a forced backup from the network, they could indeed store your picture file located on your desktop. Or they could save and store nothing. And lots of work for Cisco is done via VPN where your PC is coming through your high speed data line, but only your networked stuff into Cisco is available to Cisco.

But bottom line is if you are at work, always assume they can see everything you are doing :)
Thanks Cass & Blondie. So, if he worked from home using a Cisco appointed laptop could this same information still be stored? I really am clueless. I suppose he'd still be connected to the same server.

Actually I think there is a misunderstanding about this NEW SW it really isn't new it was dated June21st and was actually served yesterday on his office, or at least that is what I have seen reported. If this is true then apparently LE wasn't in such a big hurry to search his office. I am beginning to not believe but only about 25% of even what is in the media.

I can NOT imagine sitting within 4 walls, losing my spouse forever and my children being taken from me, no job to go to right away, and anywhere I go in public people will spot me. It has got to be a horrible feeling.

If he did it I know it will get worse before it gets better, especially waiting for the knock on the door and the silence he is experiencing.

If he didn't do it, what a horrible punishment he's received for being innocent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk