Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Marc Klaas CHAT TONIGHT 7:00PM PACIFIC, 10:00 PM EASTERN

"The truth is on the march and nothing will stop it" Emile Zola

Marc Klaas CHAT TONIGHT 7:00PM PACIFIC, 10:00 PM EASTERN

Dear Websleuths members,

Marc Klaas, Polly Klaas's dad, will be answering our questions Wednesday August 6th, 7:00 PM Pacific and 10:00 PM Eastern.

During the hour we will take questions from Weblseuths members only but the chat will be open to the public for reading.

We are setting up the chat room as we speak so check back here for the link and the information.

Marc has appeared many times on Nancy Grace and other major network programs discussing Caylee's case and other true crime cases in the news.

Marc Klaas is a dear friend of Websleuths and we look forward to his chat.

To join java chat click below

http://www.serenity-irc.net/java/index.php

put nickname in

put websleuths in for the channel name

make sure the flag is set to the correct language

hit connect

for Mirc Users:

open MIRC window

go to file

select server

go to Serenity IRC (hilight)

select random

then hit select on the right side

If you have chat saved to favorites delete them or they will go to old server

type in #websleuths for channel name then hit join

Tricia
    Last edited by Tricia; 08-06-2008 at 06:02 PM.
    `````````````````

JOIN US EVERY THURSDAY NIGHT FOR TRUE CRIME RADIO ON IHEART. CLICK HERE THURSDAYS 8 PM EASTERN FOR THE LINK TO THE SHOW, TO JOIN OUR NEW CHATROOM, AND FOR SHOW ARCHIVES! DON'T FORGET CHAT OPENS THURSDAYS 7:30 EASTERN

Join Websleuths on Twitter

And Face Book of course
    |

************************************************** **************************************

Tricia Griffith
    tgrif@xmission.com
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT

Wow! I look forward to it.
    Please help find Gerry Largay, 66, missing on the Appalachian Trail in Maine.
    http://www.wlbz2.com/news/article/25...ssing-in-Maine

can't wait!!!! I love love love that man....

Everybody probably thinks I'm all stuck up or something because I never go into chat anymore.

The fact is, something fizzed on my puter and I lost the ability to get chat to work.

So you all have fun and enjoy Marc Klass. He seems like a very nice man and has done a lot in our state for missing children. Well, a lot for children everywhere.

fran

Quote Originally Posted by fran View Post
    Everybody probably thinks I'm all stuck up or something because I never go into chat anymore.

The fact is, something fizzed on my puter and I lost the ability to get chat to work.

So you all have fun and enjoy Marc Klass. He seems like a very nice man and has done a lot in our state for missing children. Well, a lot for children everywhere.

fran
    No worries my dear. I think we are going to have Marc join the forum and we will post the question and he will answer by replying in a post. Not as quick as chat but better for everyone around. That way you can certainly attend even if you only read.
    `````````````````

JOIN US EVERY THURSDAY NIGHT FOR TRUE CRIME RADIO ON IHEART. CLICK HERE THURSDAYS 8 PM EASTERN FOR THE LINK TO THE SHOW, TO JOIN OUR NEW CHATROOM, AND FOR SHOW ARCHIVES! DON'T FORGET CHAT OPENS THURSDAYS 7:30 EASTERN

And Face Book of course
    |

************************************************** **************************************

Tricia Griffith
    tgrif@xmission.com
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
    No worries my dear. I think we are going to have Marc join the forum and we will post the question and he will answer by replying in a post. Not as quick as chat but better for everyone around. That way you can certainly attend even if you only read.
    Great! But Fran, there is a brand new Chat link, I lost the ability to get into the old one too. As long as you have Javascript on your computer, you don't have to do anything special, but type out websleuths vs. WS for the channel, I learned that last night. Nobody was in the WS channel, but 13 people were on the websleuths channel.
    Please help locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff and bring them home.

Thank you Tricia!

He's a great man. I really look forward to the chat!

He is a great man and a wonderful friend of the forum. He won't mince words. He will say what I know many of you are thinking about this case.
    It will be very lively I know that.
    `````````````````

And Face Book of course
    |

Tricia Griffith
    tgrif@xmission.com
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT

Thank you so much Tricia for all that you do for Websleuths, and thank you to you and Marc Klaas for arranging him to answer questions or give his opinion on this case, that is AWESOME!!

Thanks again....

Kel
    Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them.

That will be awesome... can't wait to hear what he has to say... his insight will definitely be appreciated!

Oh, this is exciting news! I respect Mark K. very much and his input will be very welcomed! I am sure our members will come up with some brilliant questions for him. I can hardly wait! (I hope it will be when everyone is off work in the evening tho!!)
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Format Suggestion for Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
    He is a great man and a wonderful friend of the forum. He won't mince words. He will say what I know many of you are thinking about this case.
    It will be very lively I know that.
    Tricia, that is fantastic, I have always admired his ability to advance the issue of missing children and contribute his thoughts to these cases in the face of the loss of his dear Polly. I'm not sure if you think this a worthwhile suggestion, but perhaps in an effort to streamline the dialog and maximize Mr. Klaas's contribution for the hour, we might consider submitting questions in advance, and narrowing down the list based on the submissions?

Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Blink34 View Post
    ...perhaps in an effort to streamline the dialog and maximize Mr. Klaas's contribution for the hour, we might consider submitting questions in advance, and narrowing down the list based on the submissions?

Just a thought.
    Great minds think alike - this is the concept we have been discussing!
    Μολὼν λαβέ

"I'll put it this way: I certainly wouldn't want her behind me in a knife fight." -- me

Email me

Quote Originally Posted by adnoid View Post
    Great minds think alike - this is the concept we have been discussing!
    I think that would be a better idea too so he does not get duplicate questions etc. I really like and respect Marc Klaas
    Rest in Peace Baby P xx

Thumbs up

What a wonderful idea!!! Many thanks for arranging such an honor with this Special Guest Appearance!

my question to Mark is this:
    has Amy HUIZENGA's car that Casey barrowed while she{AMY] was on her trip for the week[ and the car Casey picked Amy up from the airport with] been taken by LE & checked for DNA?

#789UMCO unidentified found The victim was discovered on September 8, 2004 in the Flat Tops, White River National Forest, Garfield County, Colorado
    Estimated Date of Death: No longer than 5 years prior to discovery he left a note to "LIB"
    PLEASE HELP me find out who this unidentified person is so he can be buried rightfully near his family...

I DO NOT TOLERATE HARASSMENT...

Mr Klaas is a hero.

I'm looking forward to this! I have the upmost respect for this man and consider it an honor that he would be here with us to answer questions about Caylee's case.

It is normally how those type of chats are conducted on media sites when you have a guest Q/A session. As a rule, it is set up so the questions first appear to the staff then are relayed into chat after deemed appropriate to be asked. It cuts out the possibility for people to be rude, off topic, or simply asking questions which have been answered. You can also ask for questions to be submitted ahead of time and work through them first which will guide the interview to keep the flow and topic on target.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    It is normally how those type of chats are conducted on media sites when you have a guest Q/A session. As a rule, it is set up so the questions first appear to the staff then are relayed into chat after deemed appropriate to be asked. It cuts out the possibility for people to be rude, off topic, or simply asking questions which have been answered. You can also ask for questions to be submitted ahead of time and work through them first which will guide the interview to keep the flow and topic on target.
    That might work best.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat View Post
    What a wonderful idea!!! Many thanks for arranging such an honor with this Special Guest Appearance!
    Oh my Goodness, I compeltely agree! I absolutely adore and respect Marc Klaas and just can't wait for his appearance here.

I look forward to reading his take on this situation.

Will there be a 'no discussion' thread put up so people can post a question in advance for him or the mods to select?

curiositycat is offline The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience
    Can't wait!!!
    "Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect" Steven Wright

Thanks Tricia! Can we only discuss questions related to the Caylee case, or can we ask respectful questions about his experience as well?
    No female, no matter how drunk, drugged, or provocatively dressed they may be, deserves to be ogled, harrassed, raped, or murdered. So stop the ignorant insinuations.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast