thought this was fitting....Runaway Train

Yes, I remember really liking this song. The video sticks in your head.

The lead singer David Pirner (sp?) used to date Winona Ryder, who was very involved in the Polly Klaas search, so that may be why they did the video that way.

I remember that song. I used to listen to it all the time when it first came out.

The video was very successful in reuniting many of the missing children with their families. Some of the children even saw themselves in the video and returned home. In 2006, guitarist Dan Murphy stated in an interview with Pasadena Weekly that some of children who were found were not returned to the best of conditions: "Some weren’t the best scenarios. I met a fireman on the East Coast whose daughter was in the end of the video, and he’d been in a bitter custody battle with his wife over her,” Murphy said. “It turned out the girl hadn’t run away, but was killed and buried in her backyard by her mother. Then on tour, another girl told us laughingly ‘You ruined my life’ because she saw herself on the video at her boyfriend’s house and it led her being forced back into a bad home situation.”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runaway_Train_(song)

Great song. Reminds me of the summer before I entered high school, although it may have come out before that. 97/98 I think?

Stayed pretty popular then :) Always got them confused with Toad the Wet Sprocket and the Counting Blue Cars band... but for all I know they sound nothing alike :crazy:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
giulian.57
Back