Canada - Tim McLean, 22, decapitated on bus, Winnipeg, 30 July 2008 *Insanity*

saqqara

Reaction score
Last night the following occured.

http://www.canada.com/topics/news/story.html?id=7886faf4-e8e9-4217-ac1d-66563d16ec9f

This type of thing horrifies me because it is completely random and so violent and unpredictable. The worst part is we automatically must assume that the guy was on something and snapped.

However I was positive that that was the case with the man who beat his baby to death on the side of the road earlier this year and was shot to death and his toxicology came back as no drugs in his system.

How does the victim's family (or all the other passengers on the bus) recover from this. . . it makes no sense.

So sad.

I do not automatically assume substance use when something this randomly and gruesomely violent occurs. I do automatically assume a mental issue and that is what I am assuming here.

Yikes. I heard about that on the radio this morning. I live in Winnipeg..the destination of the bus. I can't even imagine.

Imagine how horrifying this was for the other passengers. OhMyGosh, it's going to take a very long time for them to get those horrific images out of their head, or at least able to deal with it.

That poor young man, he didn't even know the attacker and was most likely asleep when it began.

The attacker just has to have mental illness. No one in their right mind would even think of doing such a terrible thing.

JMHO
fran

I am from Edmonton, where the bus originated. It's horrifying. . and there were children among the passengers on that bus.

I agree that it is probably a mental issue. . . however. . . the guy with the child had no previously identified mental issues and was quoted as saying the child had "demons".

I'm praying in this case toxicology says he was on something or he has a history of mental illness. It's the thought that people with no previous history can snap that gives me nightmares.

Wow! That is absolutely horrific. I feel horrible for the people (especially the children) that had to witness this. I cannot even imagine and don't want to. It definitely sounds like a mental issue to me and who knows, add a little alcohol or drugs and you have a psycho.

I can't get over how every account I've read describes the killer as "calm." That's one of the most bone-chilling details of all. That says to me either the guy was in complete, total psychosis and the murder was the outgrowth of a delusion, or he was a complete, total psychopath and the act of murder caused him no stress at all.

Either possibility is equally terrifying.

Wow I'd be having nightmares if I had been on that bus. The fact he was calm makes it more chilling and frightening.

My gosh this absolutely horrifying.I do agree they need to look at safety issues on greyhounds better.I took the bus from southern Alberta to Grande Prairie in June.It is not like taking a plane where everything goes through scanners,anyone can bring anything onto a bus.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/americas/07/31/canada.bus/index.html

I saw this on the news before they started putting out warnings about it being graphic and could upset a person. Well it upset me.
A man sat and the guy next to him got up and stabbed a man sleeping with his Ipod on. Then the guy started to cut the mans head off. The witness described watching this and seeing a semi driver pull up to the bus. He said the guy held the mans head by the hair out in front of him.
I am not good at explaining this. Hearing it gave me chills. I can't even read the link. Just saw it wasn't posted and it is something to ponder.

My gosh this absolutely horrifying.I do agree they need to look at safety issues on greyhounds better.I took the bus from southern Alberta to Grande Prairie in June.It is not like taking a plane where everything goes through scanners,anyone can bring anything onto a bus.

Well, it sounds like they need to start using scanners even for buses. This is horrifying. That poor, poor man.

Wow I'd be having nightmares if I had been on that bus. The fact he was calm makes it more chilling and frightening.

Good fore thought. They are saying on the news the passengers will need therapy to get over this. I watched when the story broke and it is sooo edited now. I am glad they edited it because it was way too graphic to handle.
I guess we will never see the original account again but I will tell you it made me have goose flesh. I do not know if I will ever feel the same about people. It is horrifying to think you can sleep on a bus listening to music and be stabbed then have your head cut off and held up as a weapon to ward off police.

I can't get over how every account I've read describes the killer as "calm."

Me neither. If it's true that the victim was sleeping and didn't know his attacker then we're dealing with a genuine psychopath killer which is a much rarer occurrence than one might think. I hear about such cases only about once or twice a decade.

Me neither. If it's true that the victim was sleeping and didn't know his attacker then we're dealing with a genuine psychopath killer which is a much rarer occurrence than one might think. I hear about such cases only about once or twice a decade.
I watched the original tape with a witness that said he was sitting next to the murderer. He said the victim was sleeping with his ipod on. The murderer just got up and started stabbing him. Then the witness himself tried to leave and everyone in the area was also trying to leave. He got caught in the mob and he said he saw the murderer cutting the mans head off. Then a truck driver, he said a semi came by, stopped and I guess the bus was stopped and the truck driver tried to stop the man by wielding a crow bar. They say the man held the head out in front of him taunting the police.
This has really upset me. I truly wish they would have had the good sence to know to have a warning before the first couple of reports. I am having trouble coping with this. It has upset me so bad. I think the news station should have considered the effect it would have before playing a breaking story. Now there is not even video of the wittness. Now it is cleaned up.

I hope the victim went quickly. This is horrifying! I am sure there would be more dead if the passengers had not gotten off the bus quickly, and secured the evil man on the bus.

Wow. This is chilling. It's like a real life horror movie.

How absolutely horrific!! My prayers for the victim to rest in peace, and for all of the people who saw the brutal & senseless attack. I hope they all receive major counseling for a long time to deal with what they had to witness.

Can't wait for toxicology reports on this one - like others mentioned, I was shocked when the guy who beat his son to death by the side of the road came back clean.

Why would somebody do that , I'm mean did he just wake up one day and think to himself (well I'm going to cut somebodies head off today!} I guess well never know what goes on in peoples minds .

I feel sorry for the passengers that would be something you would never forget!

I got more than a few things wrong. When I intially saw the report I was so shocked I think I invisioned what was going on.
The witness did not get held up by the mob of people trying to leave. He says people were throwing up and running but when he saw the suspect cutting the victims head off they had shut him in the bus.
Also the trucker did come by and stop but what he did was arm people with a crow bar and anything he could find due to this man being on the bus and the passengers afraid he would come after them.
Anyway, It is sad to find out there was one child that saw this horrific sight. I think if adults were puking then it would really upset a child.

I read this crap everyday but it still upsets me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back