GUILTY PA - Luis Ramirez, 25, fatally beaten in hate crime, Shenandoah, 12 July 2008

imthemom

Reaction score
http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/07/31/shenadoah.beating/index.html

SHENANDOAH, Pennsylvania (CNN) -- By the time help arrived, Luis Ramirez lay convulsing in the middle of the street, foam running from his mouth.

Blows had struck the 25-year-old Mexican immigrant with such force that they left a clotted, bruised impression of Jesus Christ on the skin of his chest from the religious medal he wore.
His attackers were white teenagers, including star students and football players, witnesses told police.
After a night of drinking, the teens taunted the undocumented worker with racial epithets, pummeled him to the ground and then kicked him in the head, court documents charge. He died in a hospital two days later.
It took almost two weeks for arrests to be made. But on July 25, Colin J. Walsh, 17, and Brandon J. Piekarsky, 16, were charged as adults with homicide and ethnic intimidation.
Derrick M. Donchak, 18, was charged as an adult with aggravated assault and ethnic intimidation and an unnamed juvenile was also charged with assault. The U.S. Department of Justice announced Wednesday that its civil rights division has opened a criminal investigation.

These are the kinds of things happening because immigration reform has not happened yet. Hate groups latch on to it and blame illegal immigrants for everything and people begin to hate them!

20uzhww.jpg

(Right top to bottom) Derrick M. Donchak, Brandon J. Piekarsky and Colin Walsh.
Luis Ramirez hours before his death.

20uzhww.jpg

(Right top to bottom) Derrick M. Donchak, Brandon J. Piekarsky and Colin Walsh.
Luis Ramirez hours before his death.

OMG, how horrible, he was unrecognizable. How horrible for his family and also for the families of the teenagers charged. They never thought their kids would do something like this.

These are the kinds of things happening because immigration reform has not happened yet. Hate groups latch on to it and blame illegal immigrants for everything and people begin to hate them!

Were these murderous thugs members of an organized hate group?

I wouldn't say people are beginning to hate illegal immigrants. That's been going on forever. I also don't believe "people" blame illegal immigrants for verything rather for specific things and if they can't find a reason they look for one.

From the few articles I read about this case and the murder of this poor guy I'd say it was more about these kids being mad the girl was dating Mr. Ramirez. Hate breeds hate. Their parents are shocked? Who wouldn't be when your kid beats a human being so badly he's not recognizable and dead?

That's definitely a hate crime, give all those boys life. They took someone else's; it's what they deserve. I hope they appreciate throwing away their lives in prison.
It doesn't sound like an organized group; yet you never know. A bunch of white kids who are racist with no affiliated ties to anything, probably.

I say give them the same treatment!

If you put them in jail all they are going to do is be on the internet crying how they didnt do it . But of course they woln't complain about the food were paying for so they can eat !:furious:

If they go to jail or prison, most likely others will do the same to them, once having found out about their crime. Doubtful these suburban white boys can hold their own in jail.

Doubtful these suburban white boys can hold their own in jail.

:chicken:They're gonna be scared out of their wits I bet. Most likely they'll have to join a group that will protect them. Or pretend to or however that works.

:chicken:They're gonna be scared out of their wits I bet. Most likely they'll have to join a group that will protect them. Or pretend to or however that works.

Then they realized they joined a group and have to be higher ups b*tches!! :chicken:

That's definitely a hate crime, give all those boys life. They took someone else's; it's what they deserve. I hope they appreciate throwing away their lives in prison.
It doesn't sound like an organized group; yet you never know. A bunch of white kids who are racist with no affiliated ties to anything, probably.

I agree, I don't think they are an organized group, I just think it is a small town and they have a lot of hate for the Mexicans coming to work there and they took it out on this poor guy. They look like little boys, they better grow up fast if they are going to last in prison.

From February 2011:

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/02/23/pennsylvania.hate.crime/

Two Pennsylvania men convicted of a hate crime in the beating death of an undocumented Mexican immigrant were each sentenced Wednesday to spend nine years behind bars...

Derrick Donchak, of Shenandoah, and Brandon Piekarsky, of Shenandoah Heights, were found guilty in federal court in October of several charges, including hate crimes and depriving the victim Luis Ramirez of his civil rights.

The two were acquitted of murder charges in state court and convicted of simple assault.

From April 2011:

http://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/shena...tenced-involvement-fatal-beating-luis-ramirez

Colin Walsh, 19, of Shenandoah, Pa., was sentenced today to 55 months in prison for his role in the fatal beating of Luis Ramirez, the Justice Department announced today. Walsh was also ordered to serve three years of supervised release and pay $550 to the Pennsylvania victim compensation fund, as well as a special assessment.

On April 8, 2009, Walsh pleaded guilty to one felony violation of the Federal Fair Housing Act for his role in aiding and abetting Brandon Piekarsky, 19, and Derrick Donchak, 21, in the beating of Ramirez.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back