Casey's credit card spending spree REVISITED

AlwaysShocked

Reaction score
Does anyone have any details of what all Casey bought during her "spending spree" using her mother's credit cards? During what time frame is this alleged to have taken place?

Supposedly Cindy offered receipts to the police but they did not want them? How would Cindy have obtained RECEIPTS? (I understand that LE would want the verified billing statements directly from the credit card carrier, not some "receipts" that Cindy wanted to provide) Did Casey hand over a fistful of receipts, saying "Oh, by the way, Mom, I used your credit card and here are the receipts!"

This whole story just gets whackier and whackier as it goes on!

LE hasn't released that info.

I'm sure they poured over EVERY purchase very carefully to see when Casey stopped buying anything for Caylee.

I think she bought a lot of booze & gas with most of it.But $35,000-$45,000
is a lot to spend in so little time.

I'm thinking Nancy Grace got it wrong and meant to say $4,500....

i have seen no public information at this point as to how much of her parents money casey spent, or over how much time they are talking.

nancy grace threw out a 45,000 dollar figure on her show one night but gave no source or context.

i would find it odd if LE refused to look at the receipts cindy offered them. sure they have the officail statements they can look at, but what if there were additional cash receipts included in there? ones that may give them more information than just credit card records.

i would find it surprising if LE didnt confiscate, or at the very least search, all of Casey's belongings that were with her during the month long period she was "on her own".

I'd also like to eventually hear about purchases made the several weeks before Caylee went missing since I think there was a plan in place.

Perhaps $4500.00 would be closer to an accurate figure. This is purely assumption on my part but, the Anthony's don't appear to be in a financial category to have $45,000+ credit line extended to them on a credit card.

Also, if these purchases were made within one billing cycle....seems as though the credit card company would have notified Mrs. Anthony that charges were being made with her card that might be suspicious.

Although I find it annoying sometimes......my credit card company will put a "freeze" on my card and contact me immediately if there is any activity that looks suspect to them.

It wouldn't have all been "stuff," Casey could run up a pretty big tab if she was out having dinner and cocktails with friends, or lunch and cocktails, etc.

Perhaps $4500.00 would be closer to an accurate figure. This is purely assumption on my part but, the Anthony's don't appear to be in a financial category to have $45,000+ credit line extended to them on a credit card.

Also, if these purchases were made within one billing cycle....seems as though the credit card company would have notified Mrs. Anthony that charges were being made with her card that might be suspicious.

Although I find it annoying sometimes......my credit card company will put a "freeze" on my card and contact me immediately if there is any activity that looks suspect to them.

$45000 is a lot, but maybe it was a credit card for an equity line of credit on the home.

It wouldn't have all been "stuff," Casey could run up a pretty big tab if she was out having dinner and cocktails with friends, or lunch and cocktails, etc.

Don't forget new clothes to wear out to the club!

I would like to know if anything was bought for Caylee on those credit cards.

Purchases that included clothing or toilet articles for Caylee would certainly help with the timeline.

Purchases that included clothing or toilet articles for Caylee would certainly help with the timeline.

And also there's a possibility (albeit slim) that an employee(s) at some of the places she was shopping might remember if she did or did not have Caylee with her.

Did she spend $4,500 ?
Or more?maybe she joined a lot of clubs and paid for a year in advance?
gas & party fees I guess?

And also there's a possibility (albeit slim) that an employee(s) at some of the places she was shopping might remember if she did or did not have Caylee with her.

there is also the possibility of store security cameras showing her with caylee/someone else of interest.

alos, who exactly called it a "spending spree"? authorities? nancy grace? cindy?

we have no context at all for any figure or the length of time being talked about.

i think the whole "spending spree!" aspect is of much less interest than just the simple ordinary details that will be revealed from credit card records. where she purchased things, what exactly she purchased, and when.

doesnt really matter if she spent 450 dollars or 45,000 dollars.

but im not ignoring the fact that large cash advances, or large dollar value purchases could also be valuable to know about too.

Given that so many retail and specialty stores use security cameras it seems to me the chances of Casey being caught on video making a purchase with or without Caylee are very good. Airports also use them - both in and outside the terminal(s). Toll roads, amusement parks, tourist attractions, etc. also have security cameras.

We know Casey had a credit card and ran up about $4,500 worth of purchases and that each transaction would be time stamped indicating the sequencial movements of Casey.

If nothing else, I would hope LE is actively investigating the credit card purchases and checking with the various establishments to see if Casey might have been captured on video and whether Caylee was with her or not. Even at this late date, it's possible video footage might have been archived. Casey may have also been accompanied by a friend while using the card. Someone LE may want to talk to.

I'm sure they're checking the cc trail.

Also interesting is to see what if anything Casey ever charged that would have been FOR Caylee....

clothing... food.... toys..... ANYTHING???

Yes, good thought there LI Mom!

Does anyone know what happened to the credit card? Was it found in the purse left in the car? And what about that "purse" ... Casey had to have realized fairly quickly she had left it in the car. Why not have Tony take her back so she could get it? Wouldn't she be worried that someone would steal the purse with her wallet, ID, house keys, etc? :waitasec:

Hi-
This is something I"ve been asking about.
How do we know Casey had a credit card and ran up$4,500 in charges? Was this a statement made by Cindy on TV?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back