GUILTY CA - John & Kimberly Quebe for child abuse, Anaheim, 2008

fran

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Parents charged with child abuse, torure

Anaheim couple accused of tying up their kids – sometimes overnight – to punish them over minor issues, according to prosecutors.

By LARRY WELBORN
The Orange County Register

FULLERTON – An Anaheim mother and father, charged Wednesday with abusing their children by binding their wrists and ankles and leaving them tied up for hours at a time, including occasionally overnight, will be arraigned today.

Kimberly Joy Quebe, 48, and John Herman Quebe, 47, are charged with 62 felonies, including false imprisonment by violence, child abuse, inflicting corporal injury on a child with great bodily injury, and torture.

If convicted, they could receive a possible life term in prison.

The Quebe's are being held on $1 million bail each pending arraignment today at the North Justice Center in Fullerton.

The couple, who have been married for 21 years, has been living in Anaheim Hills for six years with their daughter, now 15, and son, now 11.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/children-quebe-anaheim-2109940-county-orange

I just saw the news about this case on our local station. Even the news reporter seemed deeply disturbed from this case. The abuse was so severe, the parents are facing a life term.

It seems this family has lived in that area for a number of years. The neighbors knew there were two children there, but they rarely saw them. They did hear a LOT of screaming, obsentities and name calling, directed at the children.

NOBODY DID ANYTHING ABOUT IT.

Then the other day, the 16 yo daughter was at a local pool. A neighbor noticed ligerature marks on her wrists and legs. She got the ball rolling to bring in LE.

This poor 16 yo girl and her 11 yo brother are now in protective services custody. This sweet girl made the comment to a medical worker, that "If only we had been better and not been so bad, maybe they wouldn't have had to punish us so much."

What? OhMyGosh! This poor little thing thinks this is "THE CHILDREN'S FAULT!" I hope she can someday see, this was NOT her or her brother's fault, but the 'fault' of 'abusive parents.'

It hurts you to the core, to think that there are so many young children out there behind closed doors, being treated like these two undeserving of that sort of abuse. Why? Because they can.

I am certain that if I ever see or suspect a neighbor or acquaintance is abusing their children, I will take the necessary steps to insure that it is NOT happening and IF it IS, it STOPS, then and there.

JMHO
fran

Lets hope they do get Life. I hate stories like this, they are just so painful.

What the jaysus possesses people to be so unmerciful and evil and cruel towards those who cant defend themselves. I hope these poor kids never have to lay eyes on those two sorry excuses for parents. Just terrible.:(

Heartbreaking! Thankfully the neighbor at the pool got involved and contacted LE.

Wonder how many more cases like this are out there?

I agree, they should get LIFE IN PRISON!!

Heartbreaking! Thankfully the neighbor at the pool got involved and contacted LE.

Wonder how many more cases like this are out there?

I agree, they should get LIFE IN PRISON!!

I agree that the neighbor was truly a good neighbor. There is another thread where a "caseworker" saw a girl laying on the floor crying and did nothing. The day before she died. What is wrong with people?

I agree that the neighbor was truly a good neighbor. There is another thread where a "caseworker" saw a girl laying on the floor crying and did nothing. The day before she died. What is wrong with people?

concernedperson,

Wish I knew what was wrong with people. Some people just turn a blind eye to cruelty against children. Some of those same people, after the crime has breen brought to light, will be the first ones to say they suspected something all along. Instead of getting involved before the victim is seriously harmed or murdered they make sure they insert themselves in the news reports afterward. Sad, isn't it?

28mhd9z.jpg

August 2009:

An Anaheim mother and father were sentenced Friday to 12 years and eight months in prison for abusing their children by binding their wrists and ankles and leaving them tied up for hours at a time, according to county prosecutors.
Kimberly Joy Quebe, 49, and John Herman Quebe, 48, pleaded guilty to two felony counts of false imprisonment, two counts of child abuse, and two counts of corporal injury on a child with great bodily injury, prosecutors said.

http://m.ocregister.com/articles/children-84141-prosecutors-couple.html

August 2009:

John and Jane Doe’s foster father came to court to tell the court that the children were doing well and they were happy. He also relayed that the children still loved their parents but they did not want contact with them for the time being.

"These children have been through so much and I am thankful they are doing well and thriving in a loving environment. They were essentially raised in a `prison’ where the walls were erected by two people who should have loved them the most and had a duty to protect them. They were isolated from society, and most importantly, from other children. They are now experiencing many `firsts’ in their lives, including going to school, making friends, playing outside and learning to ride a bicycle,” stated Deputy District Attorney Christine Simmons of the Family Protection Unit who prosecuted this case.

http://orangecountyda.org/civica/press/display.asp?layout=2&Entry=1403

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave