699 users online (88 members and 611 guests)  

Websleuths News

Signature pic help

Does anyone know how I go about resizing my signature pics please? I must have tried a hundred different pics today to upload as a new signature pic and I just kept getting a message saying they couldnt be resized and that I needed to do it manually.

I even tried to put back the original pic I had of The Pope up before I started messing trying to change it but it then refused that one too.

Does anyone know why, as other posters seem to have bigger pics up than some of the ones I tried to upload

It may not be the size as in width and length, but the size of the pic (such as 100kb). If you have Microsoft software (such as word, excel), you can use the Microsoft Office Picture Manager to edit and resize the picture... or you can try the Paint program if you don't have photoshop or paint shop pro (or some type of photo editing program)

Last but not least, you can email me via my profile and I'll give you my email to send the pic(s) to and I'll try to resize them for you...

“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.” Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.

MagicRose you are a star I thought no one was ever going to reply to my post lol and I miss my signature pic. The funny thing is that some of the pics its refusing now were fine before we changed servers.

The message said they had to be a certain size or less than so many kb's but even when I chose some under the kb limit, I still got the "you need to resize" them message.

I will try your suggestions and if I cant do it myself then I will gladly take you up on your kind offer to resize them for me. On some parts of my computer I am great and on others like photo editing etc I have no idea as I never bothered with it before.

Thankyou SO much for coming to my aid

Quote Originally Posted by Ciara View Post
    MagicRose you are a star I thought no one was ever going to reply to my post lol and I miss my signature pic. The funny thing is that some of the pics its refusing now were fine before we changed servers.

The message said they had to be a certain size or less than so many kb's but even when I chose some under the kb limit, I still got the "you need to resize" them message.

I will try your suggestions and if I cant do it myself then I will gladly take you up on your kind offer to resize them for me. On some parts of my computer I am great and on others like photo editing etc I have no idea as I never bothered with it before.

Thankyou SO much for coming to my aid
    You're welcome! Usually I get that error if I'm trying to put in an avatar (the pic by your name)... are you sure you're not trying to insert a sig there? You need to go into the signature part in your usercp to add a sig...

“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.” Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.

No Magic....I am definately getting the error under "Edit your Signature" not under the Avator one. I got a small pic to fit but tomorrow I am going to try your suggestions and try get my other pics to size. Thanks so much for your help
    Rest in Peace Baby P xx

Any time!