Saudi Arabia Bans Sale of Cats and Dogs in an effort to keep the sexes apart

Ciara, don't you know that every drunken orgy can be traced back to owning a dog or cat?

LOL kiki......those people are just NUTS, cuckoo, crazy mad lunatics. I am soooooooo glad I am not a woman in The Middle East:woohoo:

That is just so strange, I'm not even sure what to say about it?

I do know that dogs aren't very well thought of in Islam because they're considered unclean. My brother in law is Muslim (from Morocco) and my nieces aren't allowed to touch or play with dogs at all, ever. Also you hear about those taxi drivers from predominantly Muslim countries who don't want to let dogs in their cabs, etc.
In most Middle Eastern countries, at least the more conservative regions, dogs just aren't really kept as pets and Saudi Arabia is very 'conservative' for lack of a better word. I think its probably more about those ideas rather than these actual instances of people with dogs harassing women or anything like that. I'd guess thats just an excuse to make the laws more in line with strict Muslim beliefs/regional practices.

Its still pretty weird though IMO. I hope they don't euthanise all the dogs, but thats probably what they'll do :(

lorelei ....over here in the UK they are going to make Police dogs wear "booties" when going into muslim houses so as not to offend them:rolleyes:

Just thinking the animal population is going to be a problem.

I saw this and thought: come on, this has to be a report from The Onion... that is how bizarre it sounds. But no... it's real... how AWFUL!

**Princess Kyrnan Kitty of the Avatar aims her glare of disdain at the Saudis**

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back