1265 users online (235 members and 1030 guests)  

Websleuths News

Casey: Maximum Sentence

Let's say the never do find Caylee & they never charge Casey with Caylee's death...

What CAN she be charged with & what's the maximum she can be sentenced to?

As of today her charges are:

child neglect

making false official statements

obstructing a criminal investigation

Can LE or hopefully the Feds charge her with anything else? How much time in prison might Casey be looking at?

I really can't see letting this sorry excuse for a mother just walk away & never be held accountable for her inexcusable antics... not to mention the millions of dollars LE has spent on her wild goose chases.

I hope they throw the book at her so the next person thinks twice before trying to make a mockery of the law.

Ugh! She makes me so angry, I can spit!

I share your feelings, but try to remind myself that Casey is entitled to her day in court, and the prosecution has to prove her guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

Whatever happens, her life is ruined, and her so-called friends will drop by the wayside. Her parents are forever left in grief and shock. She will reap her just rewards in one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by housemouse View Post
    I share your feelings, but try to remind myself that Casey is entitled to her day in court, and the prosecution has to prove her guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

Whatever happens, her life is ruined, and her so-called friends will drop by the wayside. Her parents are forever left in grief and shock. She will reap her just rewards in one way or another.
    I agree, she's entitled to her day in court.

Is there really any chance she wouldn't be found guilty of the charges she NOW has against her?

No matter what happens.... she's guilty of NEGLIGENCE..... 'losing' her child and then not going to police or any other person for over a MONTH?!

She's definitely making false statements.

She's definitely obstructing the criminal investigation.... we just don't know for sure WHO the criminal is officially..... is it some mysterious kidnapper or is it Casey.

We KNOW she's not cooperating or we wouldn't keep hearing her lawyer throw out that ridiculous excuse that she wants to cooperate but "ONLY IF....."

There's a baby's life at stake here..... if she doesn't get sentenced to some serious time for these charges alone, I'm going to be thoroughly disgusted.

If I recall correctly, Florida has a nice little ole charge of 1st degree child abuse/neglect resulting in death, and the sentence is life w/out parole or the death penalty. No wonder she is not talking.

She probably won't get the death penalty, but I think the D. A. would be able to build enough circumstantial evidence to get Casey convicted of that.

I believe this is the statute that would cover this case as Caylee is less than 12 years old:

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/...921/Sec141.HTM
    Tammie in Miami

Vini, Vidi, Velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around

Well, it's pretty neglectful to leave your child with an imaginary nanny, that's for sure.

I imagine the BF Tony has totally distanced himself from her along with most of her other friends, at this point. So she has already lost about everything.