Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast
    Even tho the records are confidential, this was a very good question! The guard said that she reads and reads. I wishthey would tell us what she was reading!

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphinmomcca View Post
    I apologize if anyone else said anything already, but has anyone gone to the local libraries and asked about Casey checking out books?? (or maybe even there reading about certain things, or asking for certain books) I know she doesnt seem the type to go to the Library, but I think Miss Casey wears many hats, and she very well may have to keep the searches on her computer down (the chloroform may have been a huge slip up, if she was thinking they might not be able to trace chloroform in the trunk so long after it was there)
    I know this is a lame question in the context of things, I just think Casey is very sneaky and could have gone this route to do some research without it being completely known.

AHA! Great thought that I considered. Then I remembered that here at UF in Gainesville, FL ANY public comp used at our libraries is still traced to you through your library card.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolynna View Post
    A library would be a good place to go and take a child if you were pretending you had a job.
    Yes it would...large libraries (and even small and medium sized libraries) have children's programs daily that are age appropriate and provide a wonderful opportunity for children to expand their minds and develop a love of reading that will serve them well as they mature.

I love libraries and everything they represent!

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphinmomcca View Post
    I apologize if anyone else said anything already, but has anyone gone to the local libraries and asked about Casey checking out books?? (or maybe even there reading about certain things, or asking for certain books) I know she doesnt seem the type to go to the Library, but I think Miss Casey wears many hats, and she very well may have to keep the searches on her computer down (the chloroform may have been a huge slip up, if she was thinking they might not be able to trace chloroform in the trunk so long after it was there)
    I know this is a lame question in the context of things, I just think Casey is very sneaky and could have gone this route to do some research without it being completely known.
    Certainly a possibility. However, if she's anything like the college students in my classes, I find it unlikely. They usually try to avoid the library at all costs, preferring the internet's ease instead. I also hold the opinion that she's simply not bright enough to have thought ahead sufficiently to consider the possibility of things being traced, etc. Her pattern of behavior suggests a consistent lack of forethought when lying or committing any act.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolynna View Post
    A library would be a good place to go and take a child if you were pretending you had a job.
    And it seems like miss Caylee liked books alot

Caylee Marie Anthony
    8/09/05-6/16/08

America's little girl
    RIP Little One

Ive lost my life, please dont let me lose my name, its CAYLEE Marie Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth5 View Post
    Certainly a possibility. However, if she's anything like the college students in my classes, I find it unlikely. They usually try to avoid the library at all costs, preferring the internet's ease instead. I also hold the opinion that she's simply not bright enough to have thought ahead sufficiently to consider the possibility of things being traced, etc. Her pattern of behavior suggests a consistent lack of forethought when lying or committing any act.
    ITA.
    I think KC probably reads (or pretends to read) in jail to disassociate from her surroundings. Beyond that, KC appears to be a troll the net/slug a movie in to kill time type of girl. I'm fairly confident she's not wading through War and Peace.

She's never shown signs of carefully evaluating the consequences of her behavior. Seen a few of her "hangin' with my peeps" snapshots?

Question techno-dinosaur's question

I was wondering if there is a way that computer forensic experts can search all know screen names that someone uses so as to pinpoint where in the world they need to go to check the computers that a suspect has used.

I just don't know. I feel I am somewhat ancient. I feel like I could access a pyramid easier than the average website.

So much of a person's life or a suspect's life can be hidden in the alone hours.

Please don't take this as a criticism of Dolphin's idea.....it's fantastic

I'm just wondering how far forensics can take this to gather information of Miss Casey's whereabouts as to what computers she was using that we don't know about.

Can they get addresses??? Locations??? Specific Libraries???

Someone mentioned the library many weeks ago on NG.
    I live in florida, but not in the same area.
    As for books and other reading materials, no id needed to read at the library.
    Checking out books, signing into a public computer requires a library card.
    There are ways to check patron records for materials checked out and computer logs.
    I am not familiar with Orange County Library infomation, but at my local libraries a patron needs to sign in electronically to use a computer. The library card #, name, and last 4 digits of phone number is required to sign in.
    Always possible to use someone else's card and info though. Need an id to get a library card. Most library cards do not have photo id's. We know that KC has stolen money, maybe library cards as well.
    Public libraries, both Orange and Seminole Counties, UCF and Valencia libraries and bookstores...could be

Question

Does anyone know if the camera used to take the last-known pic of Caylee w/ her great-grandfather @ the nursing home belonged to Cindy or Casey?

I found it interesting that the pic was downloaded to Casey's laptop on 6/17 @ 3:31PM.

Cindy borrowed Casey's camera?
    Cindy used her own camera and Casey sought it out on 6/17 to download?

Hmmm...

Many libraries have wireless. If a person brings in a laptop computer to use in the library, there generally wouldn't be any record of who was using it. And remember, wi-fi sometimes broadcasts outside buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by Peculiar Petunia View Post
    Many libraries have wireless. If a person brings in a laptop computer to use in the library, there generally wouldn't be any record of who was using it. And remember, wi-fi sometimes broadcasts outside buildings.

But wouldn't the computer user have to sign in using some name. I am wondering if the search can be done at one centralized forensic location.....by using the various sign in names of the computer user as a springboard to know where to go look, and which computers were used. I just don't know.

Not in the systems I am familiar with. I think IP addresses can be gotten off a server, but I don't think there's anything to tag it back to a specific computer.
    (Not a PC expert here, but do know that libraries like to keep things anonymous and simple.)

Quote Originally Posted by Peculiar Petunia View Post
    Not in the systems I am familiar with. I think IP addresses can be gotten off a server, but I don't think there's anything to tag it back to a specific computer.
    (Not a PC expert here, but do know that libraries like to keep things anonymous and simple.)
    Okay thanks

I had been wondering if LE had forensic tools to override the anonymity by having a way to know every computer a screen name has physically used.

Too much wishful thinking, I guess...

Has there been any attention paid to page 298 +299 the emails? There is Casey, Juilett and Manny ( which is a male nanny). One email is May 2008. Got any thoughts on this?? On the Doc's released by LE.

I haven't noticed the following being mentioned:
    A lot of threads to check, so here's the question.

Did anyone other than myself notice Cindy's hesitation by the shed when Greta did the interview in their yard?

She said the shed had been checked and seemed to NOT want Greta going into the shed or looking around it too closely.

Who thinks the authorities should get a search warrant and dig up that backyard and tear up the shed floor and playhouse and dig under them....

C. may be closer than we think, in her favorite place, their back yard!.....jmo

‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’..
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds...What I write here, are my theories, speculation, opinions & deductive reasoning...not to be taken as 'fact'..

Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast