Could Casey get in trouble for not paying taxes on her wages?

websurfer

Reaction score
I was wondering this.

Since casey Anthony insists she was working [ and paying a Nanny] if she does not come forward to the tax collectors with a
paycheck [or record of payment] from her employer/employers

couldn't she get in trouble for avoiding paying her taxes?

What will her income tax statements have on them?
I know no one is permitted to "work under the table "
of course some people do and earn cash payments by doing that.

So if Casey Anthony worked under the table she would be guilty of tax fraud right?

Also the friend Amy she stole and forged checks from should press charges shouldn't she?

I doubt her mother would press charges.
Actually I think no one will press any kind of charges against Casey.

However she should be put away for being a danger to society.
Stealing things that belong to others.

A taxpayer can claim up to a certain amount without providing an i.d. number for the employer, I think its around 1000 dollars. Maybe per employer.
I am wondering if there are any records for "aid for dependent children"?
Welfare fraud could enter the picture if C was receiving benefits, but the child wasn't there.

I think someone would have to file a complaint with the IRS, a taxpayer fraud report, before they look into it.

As for state aid -- they would be interested, I think. I wonder what benefits she has drawn as a single mother below the poverty line. That may well explain why there is no pay for the no-existent babysitte,r maybe Cindy thought it was paid for through state child care aid.

I was wondering this.

Since casey Anthony insists she was working [ and paying a Nanny] if she does not come forward to the tax collectors with a

So if Casey Anthony worked under the table she would be guilty of tax fraud right?

Also the friend Amy she stole and forged checks from should press charges shouldn't she?

This is something I was wondering about also, what does Casey's tax return look like? If she had Caylee in any type of daycare, nanny situation, that is an expense that can be claimed on your return.
I know Cindy has said she was paying for Caylee's medical, did Casey even have a tax return or were both listed as dependents on Cindy's return?
imo a good sized chunk of money has been spent on Casey's upkeep, teeth whitening, clothing, make-up, hair etc. Did Cindy pay for all of this or was Casey getting money elsewhere?

VB

If she was getting paid "under the table" she may not have even filed a tax return.
I don't think these party people, from what I remember from college, seem too concern about the IRS.
JMHO.

A taxpayer can claim up to a certain amount without providing an i.d. number for the employer, I think its around 1000 dollars. Maybe per employer.
Welfare fraud could enter the picture if C was receiving benefits, but the child wasn't there.

In NC it's $600, but I don't know if that is because of state or federal.

The tax point is a good point though. Anyway to keep her in jail is good.

i know that if you do not pay taxes no matter what kind they are you get the book thrown at you..and people pay fines and get jail time etc...
she seems to not have any income.

i know that if you do not pay taxes no matter what kind they are you get the book thrown at you..and people pay fines and get jail time etc...
she seems to not have any income.
I have heard through the grapevine over the years of people,
filing taxes, claiming they got paid said 900. from this person, 800. from another person, etc. For things like lawncutting, babysitting, etc. So they could have an income so they would qualify for the earned income credit. The credit is so high it would cover the self employed taxes that would be owed and the taxpayer comes out with a few thousand dollars.

The law for income tax reporting is: Anyone paying more than $600.00 annually to one entity has to issue a 1099 (miscellaneous wages)form. Any person receiving any payment for work is required to report the money for tax purposes. They need to pay the self-employment tax and the federal tax, plus state tax if the state they reside in has state income tax. Florida does not have state income tax.

I have a feeling "tax fraud'" is going to be insignificant compared to the charges she';ll soon face :eek:

I was wondering this.

This is only IMO, but I would like to see the family's financial situation looked at. GPA had just started a job when Caylee was reported missing. Does GMA make so much money that she could make the mortgage payment, car insurance on 3 cars, etc.? She would also have to support 4 people on her salary. That includes Caylee and excludes Lee.
A poster that had been on the board for maybe 3 posts had said - "Follow the money."

I'm thinking any tax issue it the LEAST of Casey's worries at this time... Plus don't think she worked.

Don't think you can get into trouble for tax evasion when you did not have the income to be taxed.

If you make under a certain amount, you would not have to pay anything anyway-But your employer would report having paid their portion of your FICA and Medicare and one would certainly file so that they can get their money back from the fed.

Let's remember, KC told one friend she had $14000 in the bank, and GA told LE that KC had money to pay JB. How?

I believe this has been looked at and may be used as back up should the defense try to claim KC was not lying about having a job.

I wonder if she paid taxes on the 200+k she got for selling Caylee's pictures.

The title of this thread made me laugh! How do you pay taxes on wages that don't exist? :floorlaugh:

I was wondering this.

Amy did press charges and Casey was found guilty in court. Did you miss that?

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh: AND will Zannie/Zanny/Zanni (you know, the lady who didn't exist in ANY DATABASE!) get into trouble for NOT PAYING TAXES on her "invisi-income" working as the "invisinanny" because of course the :floorlaugh: law-abiding Casey Marie Anthony :loser: deducted ALL necessary taxes?:banghead::banghead:

the least of her worries at this point, IMHO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washingtonsupersleuth
Back