gambling

I am not aware of any gambling theories! Care to enlighten me?

I have a gambling theory. I believe Casey may have just been making some of her cash from gambling. One of her favorite things on either her Facebook or her Cupid account (had link saved but had computer crash and lost all...) WAS gambling. I had meant to bring it up, but in the midst of all the other craziness surrounding this mess, I completely forgot. I wondered if anyone had seen that besides me? I know it is RUMORED that George had a gambling issue, so perhaps she picked it up from him. It would certainly explain where she got some of her CASH...

I have a gambling theory. I believe Casey may have just been making some of her cash from gambling. One of her favorite things on either her Facebook or her Cupid account (had link saved but had computer crash and lost all...) WAS gambling. I had meant to bring it up, but in the midst of all the other craziness surrounding this mess, I completely forgot. I wondered if anyone had seen that besides me? I know it is RUMORED that George had a gambling issue, so perhaps she picked it up from him. It would certainly explain where she got some of her CASH...

Could be but you can just as easily lose as you can win! In fact more so!!

online POKER

Hmmm, never thought of that, but I would say it is a good possibility. I have a friend who got addicted to that a couple of years ago. Ended up in HUGE financial trouble.

Besides the stolen checks, I wonder if in the past she routed stolen money through her own bank account? That is, if she had one.

Another theory - she got into some kind of underground illegal gambling and got in over her head and ended up having Caylee taken away (or she gave her away) to pay off her debt to some creeps. :confused:

Would someone care to enlighten me about money that Casey had that was truly her own?

Well, the thing about online poker is that if you write bad checks they tend to not ever let you do it again. They don't take that stuff lightly. I think that she would have burned that bridge a long time ago...Plus they have really good security measures in order to prove that you are really YOU. Like I couldn't even "buy in" with my husband's credit card. Has to be MY OWN.

The only money that KC ever had was what she was given by her parents and what she stole from everyone else. I read that GA had the gambling bug and lost a bunch of money. (from Rick)

As far as a gambling debt causing a kidnapping, let me say this:

One must be a really big fish in the gaming world before anyone loans you money to gamble. Neither GA nor KC fit that description.

Although you can lose a lot of money in online gaming, like poker, you can not run up a debt with the gaming industry. You have to bankroll your own games.

Gaming is not at issue here.

The only money that KC ever had was what she was given by her parents and what she stole from everyone else. I read that GA had the gambling bug and lost a bunch of money. (from Rick)

As far as a gambling debt causing a kidnapping, let me say this:

One must be a really big fish in the gaming world before anyone loans you money to gamble. Neither GA nor KC fit that description.

Although you can lose a lot of money in online gaming, like poker, you can not run up a debt with the gaming industry. You have to bankroll your own games.

Gaming is not at issue here.

Other than the lottery, Bingo a time or two, or playing games at the county fair, I have no experience with gambling, but I tend to agree with you 100%.

I can see Casey taking a chance with part of her stolen money, I mean, what did she really have to lose, if she was gambling, to chance some of the proceeds of her criminally obtained funds? Someone else's money, and that would not bother her in the least I guarantee it. She may have been playing "machines" somewhere. I am not real familiar with Florida gambling, but here in Virginia we have the Poker Machines in many establishments. They are required to be in a seperate room with a door, and are in lots of bars and even in some "stop n rob" convenience stores here. Another form of gambling that I see done here is "tips" and "cards" where you place a bet on a football game and can win big that way for a little risk. We also have lottery tickets here. There are ways to play a game of chance, and a true gambler will find a way to gamble. They love the thrill of winning more than they fear the danger of losing...and with STOLEN MONEY, the thrill would be even greater, as there would be NOTHING to lose...If she won sometimes then she increased her "loot" and if she lost then she could just find a way to steal some more. I think gambling may have been involved, as she mentioned it as one of her FAVORITE things...if something is your favorite thing, then you tend to try to do that thing as much as possible...So yeah, maybe there is a gambling issue which has yet to be seen...and maybe there isn't...:waitasec:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back