Did Caylee talk about Zanny the Nanny?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlwaysShocked

Reaction score
What is the birtdate of Caylee? Was she closer to two or closer to three years old?

Not that the Grandma Cindy would answer at this point, but I have not heard any interviewer ask her if the child herself ever talked about "Zanny". I have a grandson of 2 1/2 and he talks about his sitter, kids at his daycare, etc.

Cindy's statements on Larry King Live last night that "the public doesn't REALLY know what's going on" was pathetic. Sorry to sound cruel, and I do feel for Cindy, but I think she also has a little of whatever ails her daughter!

Just my own opinion, of course.

That is a great question! Caylee will be three THIS week. I have a great niece who turned 3 on July 1 and when I had her last weekend, she talked non stop about her "teacher", her friends, her church friends, etc. Three year olds talk about those they are with. I wonder if she ever did? Again, what a wonderful point you made!

And I agree about Cindy too. Something is not right there.

My son just turned 3 in April. He talks about his sitter and the sitter's kids all the time. If there was a nanny, caylee would have talked about her.

Seems to me she would have. OTOH, it's weird that it's never mentioned. OTOOH, there's a lot of weirdness in this case. I'm not sure I'd be impressed even if Cindy came out and mentioned Caylee did, at this point, tho.

What if... Zanny the Nanny was a game that Casey and Caylee shared, and Casey is actually Zanny?

Going on the information that we have, there's no evidence that Casey had a job, that Casey had a nanny. If Casey was leaving with Caylee, they had to go somewhere. We haven't seen anybody step up to say "Casey used to bring Caylee over here during the day, and we'd all hang out. This went on from $date1 to $date2", or "Man, that !@#% is such a liar! Nanny, my !@#$. I'd see them at $location every $frequency for $time-period. WHEN was she working!?", and I get the feeling that we would have at this point, even if she was hanging with somebody shady.

What if Casey had a key to somebody's place, and "working" involved slipping in and out of that person's place after they'd gone off to work? And Casey turned it into a game, and assumed the role of Zanny?

I know imagination & pretend play has been a huge thing for my son for quite a while, and he really holds to characters. If I stomp around and roar while cleaning, there was a dinosaur in our apartment, and if I stand on the other side of the shower curtain, flashing the lights, making thunder noises and pouring water on him, there was a pirate in the bathtub. And the longer that our games go on, the more substantial they become. Mention "Dr Baby", and he'll stop whatever he's doing to launch into his routine ("Open your mouth, say 'ahh'. 'Very good! Open your hands. Hmm... I have to tickle your feet").

I'm pretty sure that if I became 'Zabyzitter the Babysitter' for a few hours a day, he'd wax and wane poetic about what he did with Zaby.

Your post is very interesting. When my children were little, we role played too..at 3 they don't know the difference as long as it is creative and fun for them.
umm..good point

Good question.
maybe she spoke about her but nobody thought it meant anything?
you know how little kids are they kind of just talk about whatever they think of at the time.

What is the birtdate of Caylee? Was she closer to two or closer to three years old?

Not that the Grandma Cindy would answer at this point, but I have not heard any interviewer ask her if the child herself ever talked about "Zanny". I have a grandson of 2 1/2 and he talks about his sitter, kids at his daycare, etc.

Cindy's statements on Larry King Live last night that "the public doesn't REALLY know what's going on" was pathetic. Sorry to sound cruel, and I do feel for Cindy, but I think she also has a little of whatever ails her daughter!

Just my own opinion, of course.

As you can see her thrid birthday is in 7 days .......

Caylee was probably just beginning to be able to talk and carry on a conversation. She would be able to tell where she had been, what boozing guys were around, how her mommy treated her when Cindy wasn't around, that her mommy stayed home all day, and there is no nanny. I wonder if the fact that she was now able to talk and tell things has anything to do with what happened.

Caylee was probably just beginning to be able to talk and carry on a conversation. She would be able to tell where she had been, what boozing guys were around, how her mommy treated her when Cindy wasn't around, that her mommy stayed home all day, and there is no nanny. I wonder if the fact that she was now able to talk and tell things has anything to do with what happened.

Just reading your post made my eyebrows go up. What a theory.

I doubt we'll ever know for sure, but it sure is interesting. Caylee was definitely starting to get to the age where she might rat Casey out for leaving her with the wrong person or partying all day instead of working or whatever.

Of course, all children develop at a slightly different pace, but I have a daughter that just turned 3 on July 14th which is very close in age to Caylee. My daughter has a nanny that she loves. The nanny has a daughter that my daughter also loves. But when my daughter visits her grandparents, unless the grandparents ask about the nanny or her daughter, she wouldn't bring it up. Someone above said they talk about what they are thinking of right then, and that is so true.

In addition, my daughter often goes to lunch with me with friends, or sometimes she goes with me to play video games at friends' homes and I have never heard her mention visiting any of my friends to anyone...not even her big sister. She remembers and if I prod her and say, tell daddy what you did today, she'll talk, but never on her own. I definitely think saying where she'd been, what guys were there, or how she was treated would be a HUGE stretch for this early age of 3. Later in her 3rd year would be more likely.

Now, I don't believe the nanny exists either or at least not in the sense that Casey is portraying her. I just wanted to point out that Caylee not talking about the nanny isn't proof of anything. Casey's friends and parents not knowing or ever hearing about this nanny weighs much heavier on me. And why call this person a nanny??? Sounds more like she was a babysitter.

Nanny - a person employed full-time to look after one or more children in a family, in the child's own home

Babysitter - a person who cares for children for a short period of time in place of their legal guardians

On another note, it sounds as though Casey's work has been mainly in promos and "modeling". I have acquaintances who do these jobs. They are almost always at night, on the party scene. I think it is completely in the realm of possibility that using Xanax as "Zanny the nanny" could have been used to avoid the babysitting need and in turn created this whole ordeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine