Backward Speech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salem

Former Member
Reaction score
Here is the long awaited information I alluded to awhile back. Again, please keep in mind that this method of identifying subconscious speech patterns is not considered scientific. However, it is very interesting.

Also, I do believe the folks who do this work are trying to have it recognized.

http://www.backwardstate.com:80/backward_state_website_003.htm

There is also a Youtube video. The link is on this site. Really interesting stuff!

And many, many thanks to Shawn for putting this together!

Salem

Definitely interesting and more than a little creepy.

Brought to mind a thoughts from Shakespeare...

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamed of in your philosophy." (Hamlet)

I'd like to see more of the research on brain activity during the supposed speech reversal.

One thing is for sure--The McCanns don't come off that great in the forward speech, let alone reversal.

The brain activity approach is very interesting. I wonder if that could be used in conjunction with a lie detector test?

Again, I just want to say that this is NOT SCIENCE. I do believe there is information on the website at the link in post 1 above, that talks about how backward speech works, how it is being tested, etc.

Personally, I think it is facsinating. There is a whole school of thought of on a person's body language when they are lying, i.e., touching the ear or the nose. It would be interesting to line these backward speech patterns up with the moment in time they were spoken to see what the body language was saying.....

Salem

Not sure how I feel about this, it would make sense if we hear the backward speech without being told what is supposed to say. I just watched a video and couldn't understand a word but then when I read what is "supposed" to say and heard it over then yes, I "hear" what they say.

I did a bit of research on this in another case, maybe it was Tara Grinstead...I think it's a buncha bull. JMO, FWIW.

:blowkiss:

Agreeing with SleuthMom and christine2448, really, this is what I pm'd to Salem yesterday:

Salem, on an initial viewing/listening, I am not persuaded.

Two reasons spring to mind: (a) there are interpretation issues on what the backward speech actually sounds like, i.e. what words to attribute to the sounds, and (2) how do we know the playback is accurate anyway? - sometimes it seemed to be of quite different length from the original.

You can quote me on this and answer me publicly on the forum if you wish

Tony

I did a bit of research on this in another case, maybe it was Tara Grinstead...I think it's a buncha bull. JMO, FWIW.

:blowkiss:

But kind of fun, right. Like all the tv psychics? Astrology, numbers, and cheetos "Jesus" signs :crazy:

:blowkiss: right back at ya.

PS - Guys I am not emotionally invested in this process so your real and true responses are okay with me. I thought it was interesting, and honestly, like many things we don't understand, maybe there is something too it, but it has not been harnessed yet. Or maybe there is not. Who knows?

The brain is an amazing thing. How many times have you said something, while thinking something else? Ahhhh, if we only knew how to mind read.......

Salem

Salem, you are very right about the brain! I spent a whole hour checking videos and reading information about this, thanks for sharing. :blowkiss:

ANYTHING, anything should be used to find out what happened to Maddie.

Salem, you are very right about the brain! I spent a whole hour checking videos and reading information about this, thanks for sharing. :blowkiss:

ANYTHING, anything should be used to find out what happened to Maddie.

I agree and here we have mention of a "trestle." So is the trestle near that reservoir the attorney was looking in? Is there a bridge or railroad tracks anywhere?

I wish I could go to Portugal!

Salem

I don't have time to listen to all of it, but I think they lie quite straightforwardly every time they are interviewed. Just my opinion. :)

Not convinced about this but the mouth can certainly say one thing & the brain think another.

Absolute nonsense! The human brain is very susceptible to suggestion. If they tell you what you're supposed to hear, chances are you will hear it.

I don't believe there is anything in it for a second! :crazy:

Dutchess

To be skeptical can be a healthy thing. For some skeptics it is a religion. For the non zealots, consider the validity and accuracy of reverse speech with the following speech reversals from Kate and Gerry McCann;

8-25-07
Gerry McCann:
(Question: …but that hasn’t been the case in some sections of the Portuguese media they’re writing the most terrible things about you. Why?)
Well that's a difficult question um I think that are uh I there's a law of speculation, innuendo, there's clearly some absolute outright smears...
Backward: I try to get some money.

Six days later the McCann's filed a libel suit against a Portuguese newspaper claiming police believe they killed their daughter.

10-24-07
Kate McCann:
(Reporter: On Allegations the couple had sedated their children the night Madeleine disappeared, Kate McCann refused to be drawn.)
You know I'm not even going to...
Backward: And they giving our money.

Another reference of getting money from the media?

(she continues)
...answer that question I'm afraid.
Backward: Steer from all this trouble.

Could this reversal mean they feel if they sue any who question their involvement it will divert attention from them?

Gerry McCann:
...and we shouldn't be giving them the time of day.
Backward: It's the last time I'm going to make it an issue.

(he continues)
There is absolutely no suggestion...
Backward: Initiate the suing mill.

To date the McCann's have sued a multitude of media outlets. They had threatened to sue Goncalo Amaral before they even knew what was in his book. They have offered the possibility of suing the Portugal Police, and even Bloggers.

Reference Backward State

Shawn - thanks for the update! I wish we could find that trestle.

Salem

I tried looking around on google, but didn't get far. I'll keep trying. If I find anything, I'll post it here.

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member