1159 users online (162 members and 997 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

"Hairspray" star Nikki Blonsky & Dad arrested for felonyassault

Hairspray's Nikki Blonsky & Father Arrested in Airport Fight
    By Mike Fleeman and Steve Helling
    UPDATEPosted Friday August 01, 2008 08:20 PM EDT
    Originally posted Friday August 01, 2008 06:00 PM EDT

Hairspray star Nikki Blonsky and her father were arrested on assault charges Friday following a brawl involving the family of America's Next Top Model contestant Bianca Golden in a Caribbean airport, police tell PEOPLE.

The 19-year-old actress was released on bail, while her father, Carl Blonsky, remained in jail. Golden was also arrested and released on bail. Golden's mother Elaine was reportedly hospitalized with serious injuries.

Sgt. Calvin Chase from the Providenciales Police Department in the Turks and Caicos Islands said the fight erupted in the departure lounge of the Providenciales International Airport after everyone had gone through security.

"Things got out of hand in an argument over seats in the departure lounge, and several people were involved in an altercation," Chase tells PEOPLE. "There were some injuries involved."

Nikki Blonsky was charged with assault with actual bodily harm, which carries a maximum sentence of two years, and common assault, also known as threat of assault, with a 90-day maximum term.

http://www.people.com/people/article...s-topheadlines

WTH?????

Is that the girl that was on Dancing with the Stars?

WTH? Fighting over seats. Are they immature or just crazy?

Quote Originally Posted by lizzybeth View Post
    Is that the girl that was on Dancing with the Stars?

WTH? Fighting over seats. Are they immature or just crazy?
    I don't know, I don't watch that. But I agree, it's insane!!! She was soooo good in the "Hairspray" remake. I thought she was just so cute and talented.

Goes to show you that what we know or think about celebrities is not accuarte at all!!

Quote Originally Posted by Indianagirl View Post
    Goes to show you that what we know or think about celebrities is not accuarte at all!!
    So very true!

Okay, I googled it. No, she isn't the same one that was on dancing with the stars. The "lady" that was arrested was in Hairspray the movie and the lady that was on Dancing with the Stars was in the Broadway play.

I thought it seemed really out of character for the lady on DWTS. She was so bubbly and was getting ready to have her first child through surrogacy. Of course like you said what you see is not always what you get when it comes to celebrities (or anyone else for that matter).

They were fighting over chairs? How ridiculous!

Okay, I googled it. No, she isn't the same one that was on dancing with the stars. The "lady" that was arrested was in Hairspray the movie and the lady that was on Dancing with the Stars was in the Broadway play.

I thought it seemed really out of character for the lady on DWTS. She was so bubbly and was getting ready to have her first child through surrogacy. Of course like you said what you see is not always what you get when it comes to celebrities (or anyone else for that matter).
    The one who was arrested is only 19 and just graduated last year from HS in NY state. She went to an open casting call for the part and got it. She seemed so bubbly and cute in interviews and stuff and is very talented, but something ain't right with her or her family, clearly. Sheesh.

I wonder if her new found "celebrity" went to her head and she thought she and her father were "entitled" to certain seats.

Who knows. Maybe it was the other two that were causing all the trouble. But why physically fight over a seat?

I wonder if her new found "celebrity" went to her head and she thought she and her father were "entitled" to certain seats.

Who knows. Maybe it was the other two that were causing all the trouble. But why physically fight over a seat?
    Exactly. Even if Nikki, at 19, didn't know better (but should have), her dad certainly should have!

I know nothing about Nicki but anyone who watched Bianca's season of America's Next Top Model knows that girl is a major witch who starts fights with everyone.

its kinda funny if you think about it.... () l l
    you have nikki who is a volumptuous woman( )and you have this little l l twig of a wanta be super model and they are fighting over who sits in a chair
    my guess is they both thought they were better then the other one!
    I can almost hear the name calling as Im typing this.

Cali -- but im a north east girl at heart!
    wow. yea im sure this started with name calling. i wouldn't be surprised if Bianca (and her mom) said some very nasty things about Nikki's weight and it went from there.

im so sad tho ... i LOOOVE Nikki Blonsky ... mainly because i love love LOVE the movie Hairspray!!!

Everyone is assuming this was Nikki's fault and she was the one who started the cat fight. I am betting it was the troll Bianca who started the drama and probably threw the first punch.

She should be sitting in jail too.

Quote Originally Posted by pixies View Post
    Everyone is assuming this was Nikki's fault and she was the one who started the cat fight. I am betting it was the troll Bianca who started the drama and probably threw the first punch.

She should be sitting in jail too.
    I think you're probably right.

http://www.people.com/people/article...s-topheadlines

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast