906 users online (153 members and 753 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 41 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 614
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,387

    Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #15

    Please continue GENERAL discussions here. Look around Nancy has her own forum, there are several threads started on specific topics to try and stay organized.


    Links to previous and similar threads can be found toward the bottom of the page.


    Newbies.....



    I am sad such a tragedy is bringing us all together.

    I advise everyone to read the RULES of WS, Long and Short Version .

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    685
    is it possible that brad threw nancy's weighted body into the pond but that the decomposition gases caused it to float to to the top? that could be why the investigators were draining the pond. brad may have thought that her body would be under waiter and not spotted by any passerbys.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    507
    Quote Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
    is it possible that brad threw nancy's weighted body into the pond but that the decomposition gases caused it to float to to the top? that could be why the investigators were draining the pond. brad may have thought that her body would be under waiter and not spotted by any passerbys.
    Was the 'pond' deep enough to cover the body?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    96
    Maybe BC used his vic card at the later purchases and not the 4am purchase and thinks he can prove a point. He is willing to take a chance that the cameras weren't working. He probably paid cash at that time. Or, he could have had a helper use his vic card and pic something else up at that time. He could have traded cards with comeone else unknowingly to them and it would register that person and not him. Nah, that's too far fetched even for me. The videos will tell it all.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    745
    Purchasing tampons would NOT be smart unless he was certain she needed them at that time. LE would know immediately if it was a ruse.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    507
    Quote Originally Posted by reddress58 View Post
    Purchasing tampons would NOT be smart unless he was certain she needed them at that time. LE would know immediately if it was a ruse.
    Yup, that's what I thought, but didn't mention.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    745
    Quote Originally Posted by wirehair View Post
    Maybe BC used his vic card at the later purchases and not the 4am purchase and thinks he can prove a point. He is willing to take a chance that the cameras weren't working. He probably paid cash at that time. Or, he could have had a helper use his vic card and pic something else up at that time. He could have traded cards with comeone else unknowingly to them and it would register that person and not him. Nah, that's too far fetched even for me. The videos will tell it all.
    Momto3, does your source know how many times BC visited HT that morning? You say your source saw the 4:20 visit, then I'm assuming they had access to video of later visits.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,911
    Quote Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
    is it possible that brad threw nancy's weighted body into the pond but that the decomposition gases caused it to float to to the top? that could be why the investigators were draining the pond. brad may have thought that her body would be under waiter and not spotted by any passerbys.
    Sheriff Harrison confirmed she was found in the dirt.
    I think they were draining the small storm drain basin with the idea he possibly disposed of some evidence there. Remember the rumor going around Cisco that she was stabbed ? He could have strangled her at home and then tried to 'stage' her body at the dump site with stab wounds or a slit neck. With this evidence, the cops would naturally ask , "where was the blood in the house and his car...looks like a random murder "
    Maybe they thought they would find a knife tossed in the water.....had to dispose of it quickly, as too risky to bring in the car.

    There is a reason Brad and his attorney want this autopsy released ASAP, Brad knows exactly what it says.....hmmmm

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
    is it possible that brad threw nancy's weighted body into the pond but that the decomposition gases caused it to float to to the top? that could be why the investigators were draining the pond. brad may have thought that her body would be under waiter and not spotted by any passerbys.
    "Possible" - yes.

    But from what I recall...and given your proclivity to so wildly speculate some basic knowledge, recollection, or quoting of the known facts sure would be nice...

    Her body wasn't IN the retention pond, which my recollection of pics even if it was the pond is no bigger than 9x9.

    A retention pond is built in new construction to RETAIN runoff from our heavy thunderstorms so a bunch of mud from cleared lots doesn't get into streams. A retention pond of this type would only be deep enough for a body to sink out of view after LOTS of heavy rain.

    The simple answer is they had the mud puddle drained to see if a WEAPON was in there.

  10. #10
    should have read to the end before responding. sheesh.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,072
    Or maybe BC wants to have proof that his card was used to purchase that particular laundry detergent or other items at HT at 6 a.m. (or whatever time his affidavit said he went there) in the past. Maybe he does go there that early in the day from time to time, or even fairly regularly. We just don't know.

    I said "his card was used to purchase" because merely having a list of what was purchased and when does not prove that he was the one using the card. My husband and I have little cards on our key rings and if I take DH's car to the store, I use his card instead of my wallet card because it's easy to just toss my keys on the conveyor belt. Also, if we are shopping together (rarely), we are just as likely to use my card as we are to use his.

    Respectfully,
    RC

    Quote Originally Posted by wirehair View Post
    Maybe BC used his vic card at the later purchases and not the 4am purchase and thinks he can prove a point. He is willing to take a chance that the cameras weren't working. He probably paid cash at that time. Or, he could have had a helper use his vic card and pic something else up at that time. He could have traded cards with comeone else unknowingly to them and it would register that person and not him. Nah, that's too far fetched even for me. The videos will tell it all.
    My posts contain my opinions only.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Knightsbridge
    Posts
    16,856
    Well, what a night ! Glad to find out that Brad feels the need to defend himself against something, even though LE has not named a POI or suspect and he says he did not kill his wife.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the prowl
    Posts
    26,409
    Quote Originally Posted by Just the Fax View Post
    Sheriff Harrison confirmed she was found in the dirt.
    I think they were draining the small storm drain basin with the idea he possibly disposed of some evidence there. Remember the rumor going around Cisco that she was stabbed ? He could have strangled her at home and then tried to 'stage' her body at the dump site with stab wounds or a slit neck. With this evidence, the cops would naturally ask , "where was the blood in the house and his car...looks like a random murder "
    Maybe they thought they would find a knife tossed in the water.....had to dispose of it quickly, as too risky to bring in the car.

    There is a reason Brad and his attorney want this autopsy released ASAP, Brad knows exactly what it says.....hmmmm
    Hi! I finally have some time today to get caught up again! This is a great thought you've expressed here about him wanting the autopsy results released, and something I hadn't thought of regarding staging a crime at the site she was found. If something like that happened, though, it would be obvious at autopsy the stab wounds were inflicted after death, so wouldn't it lead right back to him still being a suspect?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    96
    She could have been just unconscious after bft or strangling and could have been alive. It would take a cold s.. to stab her after he got her there. I hope they took metal detectors and check the brush around the dumping site. It's so thick there that it would have easily have been hid. They also need to check on the way in and the way out along the sides of the road. After they start clearing it will be buried in debris or in the dirt. It would really be hard to check everywhere between his house and the dumping site.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    646
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jilly
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by carolinalady
    Exactly. And it might have ended w/ the same agreement reached at the hearing on 7/25 if he had been notified and attended the original hearing. It's not like they didn't know where he was to notify him of the hearing. The police were watching his every move and he'd been making plans w/ her family during the day.
    Hi carolinalady! - Say the grandparents had taken the route of filing an application for custody and serving Brad with notice of hearing which I believe is a minimum of 2 days notice. (Keep in mind the basis of this ex parte application was that Brad was mentally unstable.) Suppose he gets served and freaks out because these grandparents want his girls. Worse case scenerio - he does harm to the girls. The grandparents did not want to take this risk obviously and the Judge erred on the side of caution and issued a temporary custody order, a copy of which was served on him with a notice of hearing for July 25.

    Maybe he would have consented but maybe not either. The Judge took the best interests of the children into consideration when he made this temporary order.
    Bringing this over here. I spoke to my lawyer friend who deals w/ family law stuff. He said that if an attorney knows that the other side is represented, it is common courtesy to give a heads up to the other attorney that there is an Emergency Custody Hearing scheduled.

Page 1 of 41 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #26
    By christine2448 in forum Nancy Cooper
    Replies: 950
    Last Post: 10-12-2008, 10:33 AM
  2. Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #22
    By chicoliving in forum Nancy Cooper
    Replies: 516
    Last Post: 08-24-2008, 03:37 PM
  3. Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #21
    By christine2448 in forum Nancy Cooper
    Replies: 725
    Last Post: 08-21-2008, 01:51 PM
  4. Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #8
    By christine2448 in forum Nancy Cooper
    Replies: 447
    Last Post: 07-23-2008, 10:46 AM
  5. Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #7
    By christine2448 in forum Nancy Cooper
    Replies: 384
    Last Post: 07-19-2008, 04:17 PM

Tags for this Thread