Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #15

Status
Not open for further replies.

christine2448

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Please continue GENERAL discussions here. Look around Nancy has her own forum, there are several threads started on specific topics to try and stay organized.

Links to previous and similar threads can be found toward the bottom of the page.

Newbies.....

WELCOMETOWSBLUE.gif

I am sad such a tragedy is bringing us all together.

I advise everyone to read the RULES of WS, Long and Short Version .

is it possible that brad threw nancy's weighted body into the pond but that the decomposition gases caused it to float to to the top? that could be why the investigators were draining the pond. brad may have thought that her body would be under waiter and not spotted by any passerbys.

is it possible that brad threw nancy's weighted body into the pond but that the decomposition gases caused it to float to to the top? that could be why the investigators were draining the pond. brad may have thought that her body would be under waiter and not spotted by any passerbys.

Was the 'pond' deep enough to cover the body?

Maybe BC used his vic card at the later purchases and not the 4am purchase and thinks he can prove a point. He is willing to take a chance that the cameras weren't working. He probably paid cash at that time. Or, he could have had a helper use his vic card and pic something else up at that time. He could have traded cards with comeone else unknowingly to them and it would register that person and not him. Nah, that's too far fetched even for me. The videos will tell it all.

Purchasing tampons would NOT be smart unless he was certain she needed them at that time. LE would know immediately if it was a ruse.

Maybe BC used his vic card at the later purchases and not the 4am purchase and thinks he can prove a point. He is willing to take a chance that the cameras weren't working. He probably paid cash at that time. Or, he could have had a helper use his vic card and pic something else up at that time. He could have traded cards with comeone else unknowingly to them and it would register that person and not him. Nah, that's too far fetched even for me. The videos will tell it all.
Momto3, does your source know how many times BC visited HT that morning? You say your source saw the 4:20 visit, then I'm assuming they had access to video of later visits.

Sheriff Harrison confirmed she was found in the dirt.
I think they were draining the small storm drain basin with the idea he possibly disposed of some evidence there. Remember the rumor going around Cisco that she was stabbed ? He could have strangled her at home and then tried to 'stage' her body at the dump site with stab wounds or a slit neck. With this evidence, the cops would naturally ask , "where was the blood in the house and his car...looks like a random murder ":waitasec:
Maybe they thought they would find a knife tossed in the water.....had to dispose of it quickly, as too risky to bring in the car.

There is a reason Brad and his attorney want this autopsy released ASAP, Brad knows exactly what it says.....hmmmm

"Possible" - yes.

But from what I recall...and given your proclivity to so wildly speculate some basic knowledge, recollection, or quoting of the known facts sure would be nice...

Her body wasn't IN the retention pond, which my recollection of pics even if it was the pond is no bigger than 9x9.

A retention pond is built in new construction to RETAIN runoff from our heavy thunderstorms so a bunch of mud from cleared lots doesn't get into streams. A retention pond of this type would only be deep enough for a body to sink out of view after LOTS of heavy rain.

The simple answer is they had the mud puddle drained to see if a WEAPON was in there.

Or maybe BC wants to have proof that his card was used to purchase that particular laundry detergent or other items at HT at 6 a.m. (or whatever time his affidavit said he went there) in the past. Maybe he does go there that early in the day from time to time, or even fairly regularly. We just don't know.

I said "his card was used to purchase" because merely having a list of what was purchased and when does not prove that he was the one using the card. My husband and I have little cards on our key rings and if I take DH's car to the store, I use his card instead of my wallet card because it's easy to just toss my keys on the conveyor belt. Also, if we are shopping together (rarely), we are just as likely to use my card as we are to use his.

Respectfully,
RC

Well, what a night ! Glad to find out that Brad feels the need to defend himself against something, even though LE has not named a POI or suspect and he says he did not kill his wife.:)

Sheriff Harrison confirmed she was found in the dirt.
I think they were draining the small storm drain basin with the idea he possibly disposed of some evidence there. Remember the rumor going around Cisco that she was stabbed ? He could have strangled her at home and then tried to 'stage' her body at the dump site with stab wounds or a slit neck. With this evidence, the cops would naturally ask , "where was the blood in the house and his car...looks like a random murder ":waitasec:
Maybe they thought they would find a knife tossed in the water.....had to dispose of it quickly, as too risky to bring in the car.

There is a reason Brad and his attorney want this autopsy released ASAP, Brad knows exactly what it says.....hmmmm
Hi! :seeya: I finally have some time today to get caught up again! This is a great thought you've expressed here about him wanting the autopsy results released, and something I hadn't thought of regarding staging a crime at the site she was found. If something like that happened, though, it would be obvious at autopsy the stab wounds were inflicted after death, so wouldn't it lead right back to him still being a suspect?

She could have been just unconscious after bft or strangling and could have been alive. It would take a cold s.. to stab her after he got her there. I hope they took metal detectors and check the brush around the dumping site. It's so thick there that it would have easily have been hid. They also need to check on the way in and the way out along the sides of the road. After they start clearing it will be buried in debris or in the dirt. It would really be hard to check everywhere between his house and the dumping site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinalady
Exactly. And it might have ended w/ the same agreement reached at the hearing on 7/25 if he had been notified and attended the original hearing. It's not like they didn't know where he was to notify him of the hearing. The police were watching his every move and he'd been making plans w/ her family during the day.

Hi carolinalady! - Say the grandparents had taken the route of filing an application for custody and serving Brad with notice of hearing which I believe is a minimum of 2 days notice. (Keep in mind the basis of this ex parte application was that Brad was mentally unstable.) Suppose he gets served and freaks out because these grandparents want his girls. Worse case scenerio - he does harm to the girls. The grandparents did not want to take this risk obviously and the Judge erred on the side of caution and issued a temporary custody order, a copy of which was served on him with a notice of hearing for July 25.

Maybe he would have consented but maybe not either. The Judge took the best interests of the children into consideration when he made this temporary order.

Bringing this over here. I spoke to my lawyer friend who deals w/ family law stuff. He said that if an attorney knows that the other side is represented, it is common courtesy to give a heads up to the other attorney that there is an Emergency Custody Hearing scheduled.

Hi! :seeya: I finally have some time today to get caught up again! This is a great thought you've expressed here about him wanting the autopsy results released, and something I hadn't thought of regarding staging a crime at the site she was found. If something like that happened, though, it would be obvious at autopsy the stab wounds were inflicted after death, so wouldn't it lead right back to him still being a suspect?

The ME could tell if knife wounds were inflicted before, at the time of, and/or after death. Not sure if that can be influenced by decomposition or not however.

I noticed in one of Brad's appearances at the press conferences - he does indeed ask for tips relating to whoever "attacked" Nancy. That could be very innocent as it is possible LE told him COD seeing as how he is the husband. But for him to use the word attack, it seems to indicate that this was not exactly a death that did not occur without some weapon of some sort. The rapidity of LE changing it from a missing person to homicide IMO also suggests the same.

Really interesting comments, especially about Brad checking his "club" purchases.

I was continuing to read in other areas also, hoping for something new.

I had not fully read all the comments on the "Find Nancy" blog before. A poster "anonymous” asked twice who the last person to see Nancy alive was.
http://nancycooper.blogspot.com/2008/07/map-of-searched-areas.html

Finally, a person responded who I figured out was Diane Duncan by tracing her email back to her personal blog. She said, “Her husband and elder child saw her leaving for her run Saturday morning.”

Now, if this is what the police were told also, it puts a more interesting twist on the idea that Brad did not want anyone else around the kids for a while. More than ever, I wonder if the police "talked with" Bella before Tuesday or Wednesday.

Also, it may tighten the timeline a bit. Maybe Brad did make those "innocent" trips to the market. Maybe he was becoming increasingly annoyed. Maybe when he arrived home the second time, Nancy told him the girls were his responsibility as she was painting that day. Maybe he lost it. Bella may have already said "Good morning" to Mommy. Perhaps during the ensuing argument Brad struck Nancy and "that was it." Perhaps she had already put her purse in the car in preparation for her departure. Maybe this altercation took place in the garage....You can hypothesize about the rest fairly easily. :confused: :confused: I guess I'm looking at another possibility...that's all.

I know that we have all wondered what was in the large paper bag. If BC knows anything about the contents of his house, he would know exactly what was missing besides the computers. He knows what that large object is.

I know that we have all wondered what was in the large paper bag. If BC knows anything about the contents of his house, he would know exactly what was missing besides the computers. He knows what that large object is.

I'm sure. Just like he knows if the computer(s) are missing.

The ME could tell if knife wounds were inflicted before, at the time of, and/or after death. Not sure if that can be influenced by decomposition or not however.

I noticed in one of Brad's appearances at the press conferences - he does indeed ask for tips relating to whoever "attacked" Nancy. That could be very innocent as it is possible LE told him COD seeing as how he is the husband. But for him to use the word attack, it seems to indicate that this was not exactly a death that did not occur without some weapon of some sort. The rapidity of LE changing it from a missing person to homicide IMO also suggests the same.
I still think the ME could tell if the wounds were inflicted before or after death, despite decomposition. I also agree there had to be some obvious injuries to her body to determine she had been murdered, before the autopsy had been performed. With decomposition, strangulation or suffocation wouldn't be obvious. With that said, though, I'm curious how he would've done it in the house, transported her body to the dump site without leaving any evidence. It would leave much less evidence if he is the one who killed her, to have just rendered her unconscious at the house and finished the killing at the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy