857 users online (130 members and 727 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 94
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    orange county, ny
    Posts
    2,380
    Quote Originally Posted by SideKick View Post
    Hi Shadowangel,

    I googled Keith Lamar Robinson. There is an article on Newspaper Archive. I don't have a subcription to it tho. Wonder where he was in early 1973?
    That's where I originally got this info. I just did another search on him but the only articles were the day after she was discovered, and the following day (the day of the arrest).

    I'll try a few other search terms.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    2,437

    Jack Clifton Sharp / William Clifton Knapp / Cecil Russell

    I want to bring our research into this serial kidnapper into focus with his own thread. I need to pull some relevant previous posts forward so the new information makes sense.
    Order the book "Searching For Anna" directly from [URL="http://www.lulu.com/conte

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    2,437
    Quote Originally Posted by SherlockJr View Post
    The name Jack Clifton Sharp, or is he William Clifton Knapp, came up in a newspaper archive I had Tuitsweet do a look-up of. Supposedly he was arrested in Dec 1973 for auto theft and had a 5 yr old girl claiming the girl to be his daughter. The child was placed in a foster home and later turned out to be a girl missing since Nov 1973. He was arrested in summer of 1974 after abducting a 4 yr old. All this I believe occurred in LA or San Diego. However, his name shows up in San Mateo Court system in 1974. Too close to home for me! Remember our newspaper tipster who claimed to have seen Anna was with a man named "Bill" who is about the same age as this guy.

    Summary: Sharp was about the same age and used the same name as an alias as the man described by our tipster.
    Order the book "Searching For Anna" directly from [URL="http://www.lulu.com/conte

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    2,437
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Doogie View Post
    The link to San Mateo County was for a change of trial venue. From an article:

    "His trial on two counts of child stealing, one of
    child molestation and two of car theft was moved to
    Redwood City on a change of venue motion granted by
    Long Beach Superior Court Judge John Arguellcs.
    In granting the motion, Arguclles said pretrial
    publicity in the Los Angeles area could possibly prejudice
    the Sharp case."
    Summary: The above mentioned "too close to home" actually is a coincidence because San Mateo County was chosen for a change of venue for his trial.
    Order the book "Searching For Anna" directly from [URL="http://www.lulu.com/conte

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    2,437
    Quote Originally Posted by iNTERESTEDWOMAN View Post
    The first child was kidnapped on her way to school by Sharp, but I can't find anything about the second child. Any idea if either known cases were random, or did he stalked these victims first?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Doogie View Post
    Evidently, he stalked the second girl prior to her abduction. He was observed watching her as she waited to be picked up by a family member after school, then abducted her one day when the family member was a little late. She was enticed into the car by an offer of candy.

    Interestingly, the first girl was told by Sharp that her mother had died and that he was her father. In the couple of months that she was with him, she became completely convinced that this was true. This is why when he was arrested for car theft, she was placed into foster care - she believed that this was true so LE had no reason to suspect otherwise. This scenario matches exactly what we have suspected may have happened to Anna.

    At this point, we have no reason to believe that Sharp had anything to do with Anna's abduction, but it seems prudent to explore this possibility. I remain convinced that Anna disappearance was related to the two Georges and their insurance schemes, but must remain open to other options. One encouraging note, if Sharp was involved, is that all three of his known victims are alive. He seems to have been a kidnapper and molester, but not a murderer. Again, I do not think that he was involved, but if he was, there is still reason for hope.
    Summary: It appears that this guy's M.O. is to follow young girls either to or from school and then grab them. Please recall my quoting of the what Tink Thompson (the PI who investigated Anna's case early on) said: The time to snatch a child is during the brief moments that they are out of the sight and control of a responsible adult. He called this window of opportunity "the seam".
    Order the book "Searching For Anna" directly from [URL="http://www.lulu.com/conte

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    2,437
    Here is the new information:

    The last name of our tipster who who said that she met Anna three years after her abduction with a man named Bill is...Sharp. She did not indicate that this Bill was a relative - she indicated that she thought that he was a construction worker employed by her father. But both I and SherlockJr independently came to the same opinion at the time when we were in contact with her: that there was something that she was not telling us that she really wanted to say but could not bring herself to. I even asked her at the end of my first conversation with her, "Are you Anna?" She said no and I believe that further evidence showed that she was too old to be Anna, but that is how strong this feeling was that she was holding back some important bit of info.

    So, our tipster and Jack Sharp suddenly move to the front of the line in our investigation. I do not want to post any more information about the tipster publicly - this is all based on a hunch and she deserves her privacy if and until it proves neccessary to post her full name. But I think SherlockJr and I need to examine any possible links between our tipster's family and Jack Sharp. An uncle, perhaps?
    Order the book "Searching For Anna" directly from [URL="http://www.lulu.com/conte

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago burbs
    Posts
    74,857
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Doogie View Post
    Here is the new information:

    The last name of our tipster who who said that she met Anna three years after her abduction with a man named Bill is...Sharp. She did not indicate that this Bill was a relative - she indicated that she thought that he was a construction worker employed by her father. But both I and SherlockJr independently came to the same opinion at the time when we were in contact with her: that there was something that she was not telling us that she really wanted to say but could not bring herself to. I even asked her at the end of my first conversation with her, "Are you Anna?" She said no and I believe that further evidence showed that she was too old to be Anna, but that is how strong this feeling was that she was holding back some important bit of info.

    So, our tipster and Jack Sharp suddenly move to the front of the line in our investigation. I do not want to post any more information about the tipster publicly - this is all based on a hunch and she deserves her privacy if and until it proves neccessary to post her full name. But I think SherlockJr and I need to examine any possible links between our tipster's family and Jack Sharp. An uncle, perhaps?
    Very wise conclusion Doogie. Is there anything I can do to help? If so please post or pm. The last name Sharp, is really intriguing.
    ~JMO~

    A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown


    Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

    You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    orange county, ny
    Posts
    2,380
    Sharp was convicted on November 13th, 1974, on two counts of auto theft and two counts of child abduction (the jury couldn't reach a verdict at that time on an addtional count of child molestation). He faced up to 60 years in prison.
    I'm still looking for info on the sentencing.

    The car he had stolen and was using during the time of the Huber abduction reportedly contained several items of kids' clothing, dolls, and toys...Along with Polaroids with the name Karen Knapp scribbled on the back, as though written by a child. I wonder if little five year-old Karen was capable of that.

  9. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowangel View Post
    Sharp was convicted on November 13th, 1974, on two counts of auto theft and two counts of child abduction (the jury couldn't reach a verdict at that time on an addtional count of child molestation). He faced up to 60 years in prison.
    I'm still looking for info on the sentencing.

    The car he had stolen and was using during the time of the Huber abduction reportedly contained several items of kids' clothing, dolls, and toys...Along with Polaroids with the name Karen Knapp scribbled on the back, as though written by a child. I wonder if little five year-old Karen was capable of that.

    Does anyone have access to the LA Times?
    http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/latimes/...n&pqatl=google

  10. #25
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,760
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowangel View Post
    Sharp was convicted on November 13th, 1974, on two counts of auto theft and two counts of child abduction (the jury couldn't reach a verdict at that time on an addtional count of child molestation). He faced up to 60 years in prison.
    I'm still looking for info on the sentencing.

    The car he had stolen and was using during the time of the Huber abduction reportedly contained several items of kids' clothing, dolls, and toys...Along with Polaroids with the name Karen Knapp scribbled on the back, as though written by a child. I wonder if little five year-old Karen was capable of that.
    There was a doll of Anna's that I could never find after she went missing. I had made the doll, so I don't think it got discarded.


  11. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    2,437
    Annasmom, it would be unlikely that the doll was thrown out considering the items that you did keep.
    Order the book "Searching For Anna" directly from [URL="http://www.lulu.com/conte

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    orange county, ny
    Posts
    2,380
    A point that confuses me...According to the articles I've found, Sharp/Knapp was questioned about a stolen car in January of '74. He was arrested but released. It was at this time that Karen was found with him. She was placed into foster care, as LE couldn't find a matching missing persons report for her.
    On or around June 20th, Sharp was released after serving a 90-day sentence for child molestation. The next day, he kidnapped Michelle. This means he started serving the sentence on or around March 20th.
    For the molestation of whom was he convicted? I had assumed it was for Karen, but that isn't indicated in the articles. The molestation conviction and the kidnapping of Karen seem to be reported as two seperate incidents.

  13. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowangel View Post
    A point that confuses me...According to the articles I've found, Sharp/Knapp was questioned about a stolen car in January of '74. He was arrested but released. It was at this time that Karen was found with him. She was placed into foster care, as LE couldn't find a matching missing persons report for her.
    On or around June 20th, Sharp was released after serving a 90-day sentence for child molestation. The next day, he kidnapped Michelle. This means he started serving the sentence on or around March 20th.
    For the molestation of whom was he convicted? I had assumed it was for Karen, but that isn't indicated in the articles. The molestation conviction and the kidnapping of Karen seem to be reported as two seperate incidents.
    My understanding is Karen was abducted in November 1973. When Sharp/Knapp was arrested, he told LE that Karen was his daughter and that her mother had passed away. They never checked missing children, took his word and placed her in foster care. It wasn't till later that a policeman recognized Karen living with a foster family that she was a missing child. The police called Karen's mother, picked her up in LA and took her to San Diego to see if she was her daughter. Dr. Doogie and I spent some time on the phone with Karen's mother. This Sharp/Knapp guy was very bad as Doogie had mentioned in an earlier post.
    So your point about being confused is valid! Who did Sharp/Knapp come into contact prior to Karen?

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    orange county, ny
    Posts
    2,380
    Quote Originally Posted by SherlockJr View Post
    My understanding is Karen was abducted in November 1973. When Sharp/Knapp was arrested, he told LE that Karen was his daughter and that her mother had passed away. They never checked missing children, took his word and placed her in foster care. It wasn't till later that a policeman recognized Karen living with a foster family that she was a missing child. The police called Karen's mother, picked her up in LA and took her to San Diego to see if she was her daughter. Dr. Doogie and I spent some time on the phone with Karen's mother. This Sharp/Knapp guy was very bad as Doogie had mentioned in an earlier post.
    So your point about being confused is valid! Who did Sharp/Knapp come into contact prior to Karen?
    The news articles of the time state that when Sharp/Knapp was arrested for the abduction of Michelle, the San Diego PD backtracked Sharp's whereabouts and came across the Huber incident. It was then that they put all the pieces together. He was arrested for Michelle's abduction on June 21st. So....There appears to be another girl who was molested during that time (as Karen was simply taken from him and placed in foster care, as far as I can determine).
    I had it in mind that this unknown girl was molested between January and March, but it's certainly possible the conviction arose from a previous complaint.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    orange county, ny
    Posts
    2,380
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Doogie View Post
    Annasmom, it would be unlikely that the doll was thrown out considering the items that you did keep.
    I believe I have the name of the vehicle's owner (when it was stolen in '73) who reported the children's items...I'll take a look.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-28-2014, 12:40 AM
  2. Replies: 162
    Last Post: 05-22-2011, 04:53 PM