1255 users online (211 members and 1044 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Linguistic and Handwriting Analysis of the Ransom Note

For all the new posters and skeptics, please go over to FFJ and read Cherokee's analysis of the ransom note with a totally open mind. It is an excellent, comprehensive analysis.

I'm sure Holdontoyourhat won't dare take a look, it may force him to open his tightly shut mind, but for everyone else, it's a really excellent summation and cannot leave anyone in doubt that Patsy wrote the note.

This is the link...

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/foru...ead.php?t=6404

Quote Originally Posted by Zotto View Post
    For all the new posters and skeptics, please go over to FFJ and read Cherokee's analysis of the ransom note with a totally open mind. It is an excellent, comprehensive analysis.

I'm sure Holdontoyourhat won't dare take a look, it may force him to open his tightly shut mind, but for everyone else, it's a really excellent summation and cannot leave anyone in doubt that Patsy wrote the note.

This is the link...

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/foru...ead.php?t=6404
    Zotto,
    Excellent, now you know the ransom note is staging. Can you tell who killed JonBenet or staged the wine-cellar crime-scene ?

UKGuy, I apologise if I sounded bombastic. I've been at this a long time and it infuriates me when the identity of the note author is staring us in the face and some people refuse to even take a look to check it out for themselves.

I don't know who staged the scene. My personal theory is that Patsy and John covered up for Burke. Taken in context with John saying they weren't angry at the killer and JAR saying the killer should be given "forgiveness" it makes sense to me.

The one thing I know for sure is that Patsy wrote that note!

UKGuy, I apologise if I sounded bombastic. I've been at this a long time and it infuriates me when the identity of the note author is staring us in the face and some people refuse to even take a look to check it out for themselves.

I don't know who staged the scene. My personal theory is that Patsy and John covered up for Burke. Taken in context with John saying they weren't angry at the killer and JAR saying the killer should be given "forgiveness" it makes sense to me.

And that is also ONE thing that I know for sure!!!

In the Federal Witness Protection Program

I have to say this is looking more and more like my own version of that night's events. I also have always thought PR wrote the note.
    The Rs seemed uncannily forgiving, almost placid, considering the brutal way she was killed, the sexual aspects of the crime, and the fact that a parent found her. There was more at stake than forgiving a stranger.
    THIS time, we get it RIGHT!

This post is my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

Yes DeeDee you are right. For years I have subscribed to the theory that Patsy did it, but now I'm not so sure. I know that she wrote the note and I'm pretty sure she staged the crime scene as the fibres from her jacket were entwined in the garotte knot. I'm just not sure whether John knew about the staging or not.

The head blow fits more in with a Burke did it scenario IMO. I can't make it quite fit otherwise. I think it's possible that John did take melatonin and go to bed that night, leaving Burke up playing with his Christmas toy and Patsy packing for the next morning.

It's possible JonBenet annoyed Burke snatching his new Christmas pressie or something and he hit her hard over the head with the flashlight or something else. He had done it before. Maybe John was heavily asleep and Patsy staged the whole scene, telling John about it in the morning. Making it seem like a sexual crime was possibly pointing as far away from Burke as she could make it.

I know all the arguments about them not letting Burke go with Fleet etc after the body was found, but we don't know what they said to him to make him fear. Who knows? They could have told him he had to keep his mouth shut or he would be taken away from them. It's possible. Think of the secrets that abused kids keep for years and years, going to school and acting normal when terrible stuff is going on at home. I don't think Burke was abused at all, but I know at 9 if my parents said I had to say nothing or would be taken from my home, I would have kept pretty quiet!!

I don't know more than anyone else but certainly covering for Burke is high on my list. He may not even have been aware that he hurt JB as badly as he did. If he hit her hard and then told Patsy, she may have sent him to bed without him knowing what he had done. Then when they were up and phoning 911, Burke could genuinely have asked "what did you find"?. He could have been totally unaware of what had transpired after that. To him it may just have been a normal sort of fight with JB.

Burke was where I started

Zoto,
    When I first heard of this case, I was a Burke Did It. Over the years I've changed my mind. One of the reasons is the evidence of previous sexual abuse on JonBenet's little body.
    This lead me to John being the one who abused her and Patsy caught him in the act and struck out. And the story goes on from there.
    But, still I have this Burke did it attitude.
    It makes sense, if maybe Burke had molested his little sister. In the form of playing doctor or some child-like game. He knew it was wrong and I do think he was caught before doing something to his sister. So, that would make his parent's rage even more conviencing for that evening.
    Also, I have always wondered about his comment to his mom, "Why did JonBenet have to die?"
    Not "Why did she die? but Why did she have to die.
    But, BDI makes sense when you study the lack of further detective work after the grand Jury didn't return a charge. The state laws in colorado could have ended the police work on this case if it does not charge a child under a certain age.
    Thanks for posting a link to Cherokee's thread on the ransom letter. It's brillant! I do have a few points to add since I'm a retired newspaper reporter about writing style for journalists. But I'll do in in another post.
    The Hokey Pokey Clinic - A good place to turn yourself around:

I think I've said before that if Patsy was covering for Burke (or thought she was) it would explain her self righteous attitude in interviews and such after the crime.

AZWriter, I've also thought that the prior sexual molestation was possibly Burke playing "doctors". I think it was the housekeeper said she had caught them doing that and I don't think it's a stretch at all. Remember the dictionary page with the corner pointing towards the word "incest".

It would just make sense of some of the Ramsey's behaviour (but in no way excuse it).

Yes, it was housekeeper Linda Hoffman-Pugh who caught the children playing "doctor" or similar activity. I think she said she found them playing under a blanket on a few occasions and BR was furious and screamed at her to get out and leave them alone.

This post is my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

I'd be willing to bet that Burke and JonBenet were doing nothing more than the old "I'll show you mine if you show me yours" routine.

-Tea

Quote Originally Posted by icedtea4me View Post
    I'd be willing to bet that Burke and JonBenet were doing nothing more than the old "I'll show you mine if you show me yours" routine.

-Tea
    Sure, two young kids, not much supervision, odd attitudes in the family toward sexual matters. Kids get into trouble all the time. I sure did.
    I'm as mad as HELL and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!.

Quote Originally Posted by icedtea4me View Post

-Tea
    Nothing that hasn't occurred in many families. But SOMEONE was molesting JBR. While I don't necessarily suspect BR, it had to be someone else in the family.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee249 View Post
    Yes, it was housekeeper Linda Hoffman-Pugh who caught the children playing "doctor" or similar activity. I think she said she found them playing under a blanket on a few occasions and BR was furious and screamed at her to get out and leave them alone.
    DeeDee249,
    BR was furious and screamed at her to get out and leave them alone.
    Never read that anywhere, imo, that attitude would elevate the behaviour to exploitative.

UKGuy,
    No you did not sound bombastic, that was just me being terse and ironic. Assuming the forensic evidence is valid then it appears that both John and Patsy assisted in fabricating the crime-scene. its John's fibers that lie beneath the staged clothing and blankets and that of Patsy's above, implying two phases of staging. Also Patsy lied through her teeth regarding the size-12's when she didn't need to do so, memory loss or a more consistent story should have prevailed? The only conclusion I can take from this is that Patsy, at the point she was adding the garrote etc , was unaware that JonBenet was wearing size-12's, otherwise her statements to the investigators would not be that she placed the size-12's into JonBenet's panty drawer e.g.

ljbrsink2RS: I think this is her bathroom sink and drawers?

That is it is unlikely that Burke initiated the first phase of staging then told his parents, also there is no recorded forensic evidence linking Burke to JonBenet particularly dna, he is a young immature boy, not an experienced criminal versed in the methods of evidence removal, the crime-scene is too complex for him to have created it.

JonBenet's chronic injuries point to someone else and the nature of those injuries offer up a motive for killing JonBenet!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast