741 users online (74 members and 667 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 36 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Jose Baez

Please post any information you can uncover on Casey's attorney, Jose Baez, here. Past cases, bar exams, connections, anything. He is a major player and not a lot of information has been posted regarding his history.

From what I have gathered so far from WS (and correct me if I'm wrong), Casey hired him herself, apparently from the suggestion of fellow inmates. The family of Casey is not paying him. It has not been disclosed how is getting compensated (and as one sleuther stated "follow the money"). He has a private practice in Kissimmee, and wesh.com reported that he represented a few high profile criminal defense cases in the FL area.

wesh.com's "Who is Jose Baez?"
    http://www.wesh.com/news/17030505/detail.html
    Last edited by olive; 08-04-2008 at 02:08 AM. Reason: added link
    No female, no matter how drunk, drugged, or provocatively dressed they may be, deserves to be ogled, harrassed, raped, or murdered. So stop the ignorant insinuations.

I stated earlier that if you go to Casey's facebook, click on JP Chitt, go through his friends, find R. Morales, look at his friends. 3 Baez kids. I do not know if that is a common last name there, but I am betting this is tied to Jose and Casey's affiliation.

That may be somewhere for someone to start. Might be the link to why he is there. I couldn't find his specialty on his website, which leads me to believe that he is new and has not established himself. Then he got bashed on national tv and probably is running with his tail between his legs now (hence the motion to withdraw and new co-counsel).

There is a Jose Angel Baez listed in an attorney directory who practices law out of Kissimmee.

http://www.avvo.com/attorneys/34744-...z-1231148.html

Active in FL since 2005. Graduated from St. Thomas University School of Law

and...

Attorney Jose Baez - The Baez Law Firm, 522 Simpson Rd, Kissimmee, Florida 34744 Phone:407-705-2626 E-Mail: jose@baezlawfirm.com - http://baezlawfirm.com/

(above taken from http://myfloridaroundtable.com/blog/?p=114)

His website has a very cheesy video intro. worth watching.
    No female, no matter how drunk, drugged, or provocatively dressed they may be, deserves to be ogled, harrassed, raped, or murdered. So stop the ignorant insinuations.

Quote Originally Posted by my2cents View Post
    I stated earlier that if you go to Casey's facebook, click on JP Chitt, go through his friends, find R. Morales, look at his friends. 3 Baez kids. I do not know if that is a common last name there, but I am betting this is tied to Jose and Casey's affiliation.
    Definitely worth exploring! I wish I could figure out facebook...but I can't, so I don't have an account, and even when I did, I couldn't see anyone's info. unless I was linked to them. It was all very confusing. Someone made up a dummy myspace account, maybe we could do that with facebook.

St. Thomas is NOT a very good school. When I applied to law school in 2005, St. Thomas was a Tier 4 school. IIRC, it was provisionally accredited. I have an email into the dean about the ABA status. I will post the response when I get it.

Quote Originally Posted by olive View Post
    It was all very confusing. Someone made up a dummy myspace account, maybe we could do that with facebook.
    ok ot but I wanted to address this..

i made a general one for anyone here to sign into facebook..

here's the info..

genericsleuth@yahoo.com

password 123abc

from this account you can view members in the Orlando area as well as UCF...

now some of the people do put thier page private..like casey's now is...when its private you are only able to see they have a page and view who thier friends are...

some of the key players have gone private but not all..

St. Thomas must be ABA accredited because he was allowed to sit for the bar exam. I know in my state when I was sitting for the bar you had to have a JD from an ABA accredited school. As many states have reciprocity now I am assuming that I that most states require a JD from ABA accredited schools.

That said almost anyone can get in to at least a second tier school, so I am assuming this must be one of those "law schools" that send you offers of full ride scholarships when you take the LSAT.

Quote Originally Posted by my2cents View Post

There is also four Baez kids in the same 2004 class with Casey at Colonial High.

Casey supposedly got Baez's name from fellow inmates at the jail, right? I'd be curious to know if that is true. How many "clients" Baez has in that jail right now. (or at the time casey got there)

He should really ask her to come clean...

the stories are obvious lies.
    The people are not anywhere on earth.

The stealing & partying well that speaks for itself.

He really would be helping her if he had her plead guilty and work out a deal.
    After all this is Caylee's Birthday the truth would be a great gift to this poor child...

#789UMCO unidentified found The victim was discovered on September 8, 2004 in the Flat Tops, White River National Forest, Garfield County, Colorado
    Estimated Date of Death: No longer than 5 years prior to discovery he left a note to "LIB"
    PLEASE HELP me find out who this unidentified person is so he can be buried rightfully near his family...

I DO NOT TOLERATE HARASSMENT...

Quote Originally Posted by olive View Post
    There is a Jose Angel Baez listed in an attorney directory who practices law out of Kissimmee.

http://www.avvo.com/attorneys/34744-...z-1231148.html

Active in FL since 2005. Graduated from St. Thomas University School of Law

and...

Attorney Jose Baez - The Baez Law Firm, 522 Simpson Rd, Kissimmee, Florida 34744 Phone:407-705-2626 E-Mail: jose@baezlawfirm.com - http://baezlawfirm.com/

(above taken from http://myfloridaroundtable.com/blog/?p=114)

His website has a very cheesy video intro. worth watching.
    totally agreed ont he video...wow...and what about his quote..." You never get a second chance at a first impression. You may also never get a second chance to preserve your freedom if faced with criminal charges."

So in other words, if you really screw up...CALL ME

Was anyone else kind of offended by the way he commented on the cadaver dogs?
    "They dug in the back yard for two days and found nothing, at best this dog is 1 for 2, at worst this dog is 0 for 2, and quite frankly I donít like these odds."
    Seems rather callous to be discussing the possibility of Caylee's death and burial this way. Not to mention the fact that dogs could hit that scent if the body was EVER there. I don't know seems like a conversation about baseball or something, not something as serious as a little girl's life. Guess this couldve made it to the rant thread huh? Sorry!

who is paying him?

Does anyone know if Baez is court appointed? If not, who is paying him? Parents have no money and neither does Casey.

who is paying Baez?

is he court appointed public defense attorney or is someone paying him?
    I recall Cindy commenting how Casey "had picked him" from a list. But his website says nothing about public defense

Quote Originally Posted by manatee View Post
    is he court appointed public defense attorney or is someone paying him?
    I recall Cindy commenting how Casey "had picked him" from a list. But his website says nothing about public defense
    I don't think he's court appointed.

I believe Casey chose him.

He's probably representing Casey pro bono, for the massive publicity this case is getting.

Page 1 of 36 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast