Jose Baez

Status
Not open for further replies.

olive

Reaction score
Please post any information you can uncover on Casey's attorney, Jose Baez, here. Past cases, bar exams, connections, anything. He is a major player and not a lot of information has been posted regarding his history.

From what I have gathered so far from WS (and correct me if I'm wrong), Casey hired him herself, apparently from the suggestion of fellow inmates. The family of Casey is not paying him. It has not been disclosed how is getting compensated (and as one sleuther stated "follow the money"). He has a private practice in Kissimmee, and wesh.com reported that he represented a few high profile criminal defense cases in the FL area.

wesh.com's "Who is Jose Baez?"
http://www.wesh.com/news/17030505/detail.html

I stated earlier that if you go to Casey's facebook, click on JP Chitt, go through his friends, find R. Morales, look at his friends. 3 Baez kids. I do not know if that is a common last name there, but I am betting this is tied to Jose and Casey's affiliation.

That may be somewhere for someone to start. Might be the link to why he is there. I couldn't find his specialty on his website, which leads me to believe that he is new and has not established himself. Then he got bashed on national tv and probably is running with his tail between his legs now (hence the motion to withdraw and new co-counsel).

There is a Jose Angel Baez listed in an attorney directory who practices law out of Kissimmee.

http://www.avvo.com/attorneys/34744-fl-jose-baez-1231148.html

Active in FL since 2005. Graduated from St. Thomas University School of Law

and...

Attorney Jose Baez - The Baez Law Firm, 522 Simpson Rd, Kissimmee, Florida 34744 Phone:407-705-2626 E-Mail: jose@baezlawfirm.com - http://baezlawfirm.com/

(above taken from http://myfloridaroundtable.com/blog/?p=114)

His website has a very cheesy video intro. worth watching.

I stated earlier that if you go to Casey's facebook, click on JP Chitt, go through his friends, find R. Morales, look at his friends. 3 Baez kids. I do not know if that is a common last name there, but I am betting this is tied to Jose and Casey's affiliation.

Definitely worth exploring! I wish I could figure out facebook...but I can't, so I don't have an account, and even when I did, I couldn't see anyone's info. unless I was linked to them. It was all very confusing. Someone made up a dummy myspace account, maybe we could do that with facebook.

St. Thomas is NOT a very good school. When I applied to law school in 2005, St. Thomas was a Tier 4 school. IIRC, it was provisionally accredited. I have an email into the dean about the ABA status. I will post the response when I get it.

It was all very confusing. Someone made up a dummy myspace account, maybe we could do that with facebook.

ok ot but I wanted to address this..

i made a general one for anyone here to sign into facebook..

here's the info..

genericsleuth@yahoo.com

password 123abc

from this account you can view members in the Orlando area as well as UCF...

now some of the people do put thier page private..like casey's now is...when its private you are only able to see they have a page and view who thier friends are...

some of the key players have gone private but not all..

St. Thomas must be ABA accredited because he was allowed to sit for the bar exam. I know in my state when I was sitting for the bar you had to have a JD from an ABA accredited school. As many states have reciprocity now I am assuming that I that most states require a JD from ABA accredited schools.

That said almost anyone can get in to at least a second tier school, so I am assuming this must be one of those "law schools" that send you offers of full ride scholarships when you take the LSAT.

There is also four Baez kids in the same 2004 class with Casey at Colonial High.

Casey supposedly got Baez's name from fellow inmates at the jail, right? I'd be curious to know if that is true. How many "clients" Baez has in that jail right now. (or at the time casey got there)

the stories are obvious lies.
The people are not anywhere on earth.

The stealing & partying well that speaks for itself.

He really would be helping her if he had her plead guilty and work out a deal.
After all this is Caylee's Birthday the truth would be a great gift to this poor child...

There is a Jose Angel Baez listed in an attorney directory who practices law out of Kissimmee.

http://www.avvo.com/attorneys/34744-fl-jose-baez-1231148.html

Active in FL since 2005. Graduated from St. Thomas University School of Law

and...

Attorney Jose Baez - The Baez Law Firm, 522 Simpson Rd, Kissimmee, Florida 34744 Phone:407-705-2626 E-Mail: jose@baezlawfirm.com - http://baezlawfirm.com/

(above taken from http://myfloridaroundtable.com/blog/?p=114)

His website has a very cheesy video intro. worth watching.

totally agreed ont he video...wow...and what about his quote..." You never get a second chance at a first impression. You may also never get a second chance to preserve your freedom if faced with criminal charges."

So in other words, if you really screw up...CALL ME

Was anyone else kind of offended by the way he commented on the cadaver dogs?
"They dug in the back yard for two days and found nothing, at best this dog is 1 for 2, at worst this dog is 0 for 2, and quite frankly I don’t like these odds."
Seems rather callous to be discussing the possibility of Caylee's death and burial this way. Not to mention the fact that dogs could hit that scent if the body was EVER there. I don't know seems like a conversation about baseball or something, not something as serious as a little girl's life. Guess this couldve made it to the rant thread huh? Sorry!:rolleyes:

Does anyone know if Baez is court appointed? If not, who is paying him? Parents have no money and neither does Casey.
:confused:

is he court appointed public defense attorney or is someone paying him?
I recall Cindy commenting how Casey "had picked him" from a list. But his website says nothing about public defense

is he court appointed public defense attorney or is someone paying him?
I recall Cindy commenting how Casey "had picked him" from a list. But his website says nothing about public defense

I don't think he's court appointed.

I believe Casey chose him.

He's probably representing Casey pro bono, for the massive publicity this case is getting.

I don't think he's court appointed.

I believe Casey chose him.

He's probably representing Casey pro bono, for the massive publicity this case is getting.

yea, I know Casey picked him but I don't know that this means he is getting payment. Probono- Doubt it.

I forgot that I posted on this thread before WS put me on restriction for a week.

I got a response from the Dean at St. Thomas (where Baez graduated). They have been fully accredited since '96. This means that they were only provisionally accredited when Baez graduated. Being provisionally accredited means the school was being watched closely to see if they could meet the strict standards of the ABA. Provisionally accredited grads can sit for the bar.

Now, the perplexing things is how Baez says that he worked with the Public Defenders office since his 2nd yr in law school and they won all their cases.

If a student is registered with the ABA under student status, they are allowed to practice along side an attorney during their last yr of school. NOW, if he went on full time with the PD office after graduation, he had to have been clerking or doing some menial chore. He was NOT practicing on his own since he did not pass the bar until 2004 or 2005.

I'm betting Baez took the case pro-bono up to a certain point. This would account for all the "help" he is getting now that he made himself look like an idiot on NG. The new guy is a well known atty and is likely jumping in pro-bono for the media coverage.

I know that as a new attorney, I would NOT get involved in this case because this is one for seasoned attorneys, not newbies. Baez looks like he is seeking co-counsel because he doesn't have the experience to handle this caliber of case. JMO.

Bump Bump Bump...

Did anyone ever look at this? How many Jose Baez's are in Florida?

http://www.sunbiz.org/

BAEZ, JOSE CYCLE SALVAGE LLC L06000045416
BAEZ, JOSE BAEZ REAL ESTATE, LLC L07000085660
BAEZ, JOSE BAEZ ENTERPRISES, INC. L23255
BAEZ, JOSE MINISTERIO INTERNATIONAL NUEVAS FUERZAS, INC. N08000002955
BAEZ, JOSE BRAZILIAN-BIKINIS.COM, INC. P00000054146
BAEZ, JOSE BON BON BIKINIS, INC. P00000061888
BAEZ, JOSE LAWYERCONCEPTS, INC. P02000078135
BAEZ, JOSE LAW STUDENT WEBSITES.COM, INC. P02000078138
BAEZ, JOSE LAUMAR ROOFING SERVICE, INC. P02000113504
BAEZ, JOSE J. BAEZ, INC. P03000086173
BAEZ, JOSE J&A IDEAS CONSULTING, INC. P04000035692
BAEZ, JOSE LWC PRODUCTS INC. P04000088468
BAEZ, JOSE FOJ TRUCK PARTS, INC P06000089974
BAEZ, JOSE PIONEER PERFECTION KEYSTONE WORKS, INC P06000143364
BAEZ, JOSE DISENOS & INVENSIONES BAEZ INC. P08000063388
BAEZ, JOSE INFI-NEAT, INC. P08000066909
BAEZ, JOSE TIE TIMES, INC. P93000065508
BAEZ, JOSE GREEN FIELDS LANDSCAPING, INC. P96000074148
BAEZ, JOSE JOSE'S FABRICS, INC. P98000033866
BAEZ, JOSE LAUMAR ROOFING SOUTH, INC. V61565
BAEZ, JOSE CYCLE SALVAGE LLC L06000045416
BAEZ, JOSE BAEZ REAL ESTATE, LLC L07000085660
BAEZ, JOSE BAEZ REAL ESTATE II, LLC L08000021595
BAEZ, JOSE BAEZ ENTERPRISES, INC. L23255
BAEZ, JOSE LAUMAR ROOFING SERVICE, INC. P02000113504
BAEZ, JOSE J. BAEZ, INC. P03000086173
BAEZ, JOSE JOSE BAEZ ENTERPRISES CORP. P03000089341
BAEZ, JOSE J&A IDEAS CONSULTING, INC. P04000035692
BAEZ, JOSE LWC PRODUCTS INC. P04000088468
BAEZ, JOSE J. BAEZ TRUCKING, INC. P05000020047
BAEZ, JOSE PIONEER PERFECTION KEYSTONE WORKS, INC P06000143364
BAEZ, JOSE DISENOS & INVENSIONES BAEZ INC. P08000063388
BAEZ, JOSE TIE TIMES, INC. P93000065508
BAEZ, JOSE GREEN FIELDS LANDSCAPING, INC. P96000074148
BAEZ, JOSE JOSE'S FABRICS, INC. P98000033866
BAEZ, JOSE LWC, INC. P98000051602
BAEZ, JOSE LAUMAR ROOFING SOUTH, INC. V61565
BAEZ, JOSE A MIRACLES FOR CHILDREN FOUNDATION CORP. N04000004829
BAEZ, JOSE A JOSE BAEZ ENTERPRISES CORP. P03000089341
BAEZ, JOSE A NEMO VISION, INC P07000001861
BAEZ, JOSE A VANCY RECORDS INC. P07000091352
BAEZ, JOSE A MIAMI DOMESTIC VIOLENCE PROJECT, INC. N01000002173
BAEZ, JOSE A BUSINESS TECHNOLOGICAL CONSULTING, INC P04000003520
BAEZ, JOSE A NEMO VISION, INC P07000001861
BAEZ, JOSE A VANCY RECORDS INC. P07000091352
BAEZ, JOSE A (ASST) MIAMI DOMESTIC VIOLENCE PROJECT, INC. N01000002173
BAEZ, JOSE A SR VANCY INC. P06000080454
BAEZ, JOSE A SR VANCY INC. P06000080454

Has he allowed LE access to his client yet? This is what I personally care about....this man was chosen because he pled a mother who murdered her child down to manslaughter. This makes him a good choice for this case IMO.

yea, I know Casey picked him but I don't know that this means he is getting payment. Probono- Doubt it.

I don't know about that. It's not often when a high profile case like this comes along and there are lawyers that will jump on it just for the free publicity. That's not saying he won't do his best to represent her, just that he may be willing to do it for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail