Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 540

Thread: Jose Baez

  1. #201
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    7,586
    Great thread.

    I've been meaning for a while to point out something I noticed about JB. If he doesn't like what he's hearing he starts blinking his eyes more rapidly, often with no change of expression. He did it today when Judge S denied him something, the smile never wavered but his eyes were giving him away.

    That's pretty amazing control.
    Thank you my WS family for everything you do, everyday. You are loved and appreciated.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



    ~Emma Leigh Barker~
    09/02/07~03/18/09
    ~R.I.P.~


    Justice For Emma
    Stacey Barker - Guilty - Murder 1 - 5/24/11
    25 to LiFE - Sentenced 6/17/11


    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    jmho as always

  2. #202
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    1,680
    Quote Originally Posted by missmybaby View Post
    Great thread.

    I've been meaning for a while to point out something I noticed about JB. If he doesn't like what he's hearing he starts blinking his eyes more rapidly, often with no change of expression. He did it today when Judge S denied him something, the smile never wavered but his eyes were giving him away.

    That's pretty amazing control.
    I noticed the same thing earlier on when he was initially doing more press interviews...

  3. #203
    Quote Originally Posted by missmybaby View Post
    Great thread.

    I've been meaning for a while to point out something I noticed about JB. If he doesn't like what he's hearing he starts blinking his eyes more rapidly, often with no change of expression. He did it today when Judge S denied him something, the smile never wavered but his eyes were giving him away.

    That's pretty amazing control.
    I will have to respectfully disagree. You were able to see his distaste, just as lots of, I'm sure did. There was little to no control. Control would not have given any indication of emotion. In other words, JB just doesn't have a "poker face". jmho

  4. #204
    I didn't see any indication of acting. He also didn't appear inscrutable.

  5. #205
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    848
    I noticed today that he was also very nervous, stuttering, and using "UM" alot. He seemed to not know the right words to use and the judge had to correct him plus remind him of a few things. Strickland also reminded him to do his own work because the State can't do it all for him. JB clearly was not prepared to the T with todays court date. I am not for KC at all but hopefully he is more prepared next week and the weeks to come.

  6. #206
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    290
    Did you guys notice the way he rings his hands and fingers like Casey did in the Target video when she was waiting for the check to go thru? When he was listening to the judge today, he acted just like she did.

  7. #207
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,717
    I guess I feel that this guy is getting a lot of crap thrown at him. He's just doing his job. Remember, his client is "innocent until proven guilty" and as a servant of the court, it is his job to forward that proposition. In "my" courtroom, Casey Anthony has already been tried and found guilty. But I sit in my living room in Montana and am pretty comfortable with my own outcome of that trial I held in my head. However, Mr. Baez has a hard ticket to ride with his client and as far as I can tell, is doing what he must to act on behalf of his client.

    As distasteful as it may be to everyone who believes Casey is a harridan from hell, snatching the breaths of fresh air she's getting because no one is pinning anything substantial on her in the disappearance/death of her daughter, she is still given this, a most important aspect of our constitution: The right to an attorney and a presumption of innocence until a court and jury of peers determines otherwise.

    p.s., did he look like he was retaining water? I bet he saves everything. (paraphrase of one of my favorite quotes from "...when harry met sally...")

  8. #208
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    848

    Jose Baez hold a press conference about the motions


  9. #209
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    349
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlinCentralFL View Post
    I noticed today that he was also very nervous, stuttering, and using "UM" alot. He seemed to not know the right words to use and the judge had to correct him plus remind him of a few things. Strickland also reminded him to do his own work because the State can't do it all for him. JB clearly was not prepared to the T with todays court date. I am not for KC at all but hopefully he is more prepared next week and the weeks to come.
    I noticed too. He was nervous and his speech/ grammar was below for an attorney. He didnt look too good today.

    pisses me off- he makes it sound like the local law enforcement, the state, the FBI, are all out to get his client. They are doing thier job. He makes it sound like they are destroying evidence, tampering, and lying.

    He is doing a dis-service to his future clients and his reputation in that county as long as he keeps insulting state, LE, and FBI.
    Last edited by Terilee; 10-10-2008 at 08:16 PM.

  10. #210
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    59,586
    I don't have anything against Baez for defending his client. The fact he allows Casey to spend 6-hrs. a day in his office reflects badly on his reputation. IMO

  11. #211
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    STEELER COUNTRY!
    Posts
    24,302
    IMO, Baez best be aware of KC 's manipulation...........he may get "trapped".......

  12. #212
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    349
    He is just saying he thinks Caylee is alive to build confidence to his reasonable doubt case.

    (like, example, if an attorney believes that Caylee is alive, Well then maybe she is. Attorneys are not stupid. ) ~whatever Baez, you can suck it!

  13. #213
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    349
    one more thing......

    Baez,
    If you want to know what evidence the state has~

    Why dont you just ask your client?

    oh.What? you cant believe your client? you cant believe your client and so you have to ask to get all the facts from the LE and the state? oh. I see.

  14. #214
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,981
    Quote Originally Posted by olive View Post
    Definitely worth exploring! I wish I could figure out facebook...but I can't, so I don't have an account, and even when I did, I couldn't see anyone's info. unless I was linked to them. It was all very confusing. Someone made up a dummy myspace account, maybe we could do that with facebook.
    I read somewhere he has a daughter who is about Casey's age. I believe he was also a high school dropout.
    I have a constitutional right to my opinion and I am stating it!!!!!

  15. #215
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,981
    Quote Originally Posted by Terilee View Post
    I noticed too. He was nervous and his speech/ grammar was below for an attorney. He didnt look too good today.

    pisses me off- he makes it sound like the local law enforcement, the state, the FBI, are all out to get his client. They are doing thier job. He makes it sound like they are destroying evidence, tampering, and lying.

    He is doing a dis-service to his future clients and his reputation in that county as long as he keeps insaulting state, LE, and FBI.
    I think he is a poor attorney based on his mistakes so far - filing a motion incorrectly, crying "not fair." Maybe I am crazy, but I thought "not fair" is not a legitimate legal defense.

    He accuses the prosecution of trying this case in the media. He sure spends an inordinate amount of time either with his client or on TV. I have yet to see him use any case law in any of his motions.
    I have a constitutional right to my opinion and I am stating it!!!!!

  16. #216
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,981
    Quote Originally Posted by debs View Post
    I guess I feel that this guy is getting a lot of crap thrown at him. He's just doing his job. Remember, his client is "innocent until proven guilty" and as a servant of the court, it is his job to forward that proposition. In "my" courtroom, Casey Anthony has already been tried and found guilty. But I sit in my living room in Montana and am pretty comfortable with my own outcome of that trial I held in my head. However, Mr. Baez has a hard ticket to ride with his client and as far as I can tell, is doing what he must to act on behalf of his client.

    As distasteful as it may be to everyone who believes Casey is a harridan from hell, snatching the breaths of fresh air she's getting because no one is pinning anything substantial on her in the disappearance/death of her daughter, she is still given this, a most important aspect of our constitution: The right to an attorney and a presumption of innocence until a court and jury of peers determines otherwise.

    p.s., did he look like he was retaining water? I bet he saves everything. (paraphrase of one of my favorite quotes from "...when harry met sally...")
    His client is only innocent until proven guilty IN A COURT OF LAW. What the public perceives is also their right to free speech. He needs to go back to law school and learn how to file a motion and how to investigate a case - he wants EVERYONE ELSE to do the work for him. It doesn't work that way
    I have a constitutional right to my opinion and I am stating it!!!!!

  17. #217
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaia713 View Post
    His client is only innocent until proven guilty IN A COURT OF LAW. What the public perceives is also their right to free speech. He needs to go back to law school and learn how to file a motion and how to investigate a case - he wants EVERYONE ELSE to do the work for him. It doesn't work that way

  18. #218
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    By the Lake
    Posts
    3,976

    JB's felony cases in Orange County

    On the OC court records website JB is listed as the atty. on a total of 46 cases. 2 of which are KC's. Under each case number there may be more more than one count. I looked only at the felonies and have listed the most serious offense under each case number. This does not include KC's cases. It breaks down to-

    Armed Burglary- 1
    Burglary- 3
    Prostitution- 1 (I think this was a felony due to prior convictions.)
    Petit Theft- 2
    Drug poss. 10
    Sexual Assualt 1
    Driving w/ DL susp 2
    Arson 1
    Ag. Ass. w/firearm 1
    Alt. DL 1
    Grand Theft Auto 1
    Poss Firearm 1
    Trafficing C.S. 1
    Fleeing Police 1

    Three of these cases are/were in Judge Stricklands court. Was unable to see what the sentences were for these cases.
    http://www.myorangeclerk.com/myclerk...a-6f4c719288d5

    I have read he also practices in Lake County. Have not had a chance to check the web-site.
    Just striving to be average.

  19. #219
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Jacksonville, NC
    Posts
    1,004
    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysonmymind View Post
    On the OC court records website JB is listed as the atty. on a total of 46 cases. 2 of which are KC's. Under each case number there may be more more than one count. I looked only at the felonies and have listed the most serious offense under each case number. This does not include KC's cases. It breaks down to-

    Armed Burglary- 1
    Burglary- 3
    Prostitution- 1 (I think this was a felony due to prior convictions.)
    Petit Theft- 2
    Drug poss. 10
    Sexual Assualt 1
    Driving w/ DL susp 2
    Arson 1
    Ag. Ass. w/firearm 1
    Alt. DL 1
    Grand Theft Auto 1
    Poss Firearm 1
    Trafficing C.S. 1
    Fleeing Police 1

    Three of these cases are/were in Judge Stricklands court. Was unable to see what the sentences were for these cases.
    http://www.myorangeclerk.com/myclerk...a-6f4c719288d5

    I have read he also practices in Lake County. Have not had a chance to check the web-site.
    So will Casey's be his first murder case?

  20. #220
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    By the Lake
    Posts
    3,976
    Quote Originally Posted by nnglas View Post
    So will Casey's be his first murder case?
    According to OC records- yes. I read he defended a man on Manslaughter in Lake County and the man was convicted with a 15 year sentence.
    Just striving to be average.

  21. #221
    Pondering Mind's Avatar
    Pondering Mind is offline here a ponder, there a ponder...everywhere a ponder = ADD
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Over The Hills And Through The Woods..on the corner,S.C..
    Posts
    5,531
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaia713 View Post
    His client is only innocent until proven guilty IN A COURT OF LAW. What the public perceives is also their right to free speech. He needs to go back to law school and learn how to file a motion and how to investigate a case - he wants EVERYONE ELSE to do the work for him. It doesn't work that way
    Couldn't have said it better and couldn't agree more!

  22. #222
    curiositycat's Avatar
    curiositycat is offline The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Northern New Mexico
    Posts
    5,014
    We have all brought up the fact, more then once, that we find it odd that KC spends 6 hours a day in his office. You know sometimes I question myself, like I am sure others do. I think, "Maybe you are just overly suspicious." Today when the prosecutors office questioned the HCO, several times, as to whether she had other clients who do this I was relieved to know that the prosecutor's find this odd also. The HCO admitted that she didn't have nor has she ever had a client before that spent this much time in her attorney's office.
    I feel that he is too emotionally invested in this case. For whatever reason it may be.
    I also feel that he doesn't think things through. When he demanded that he see all the investigation into ZFG, he gave away the fact that he knows there is NO ZFG. If there was he would know who she is. Especially since he has had all time to be questioning his client.
    I just have a lot of questions regarding this man and what's really going on here. Maybe he approached her to make a name for himself. If that's the case he is totally not spending enough time thinking these weird motions of his through. IMHO
    "Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect" Steven Wright

  23. #223
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    19,595
    Watching him try to spit it out was like watching the grass grow. I fell asleep during Part 2 of the video. OTOH, the state attorney was pretty good IMO.

  24. #224
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In my own little world...
    Posts
    296
    How much would you say the bill for his services is up to at this point? How is she ever going to pay it? I went to a lawyer for something small and it cost me $5,000.00 - how is he going to get paid for this? I don't get it....
    Poor Caylee is out of the woods, but you are not KC!!!
    KC, you said you were moving out and getting your own place to live and for once you weren't lying - Home Sweet Jail Cell, LOL!

  25. #225
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,552
    According to this story, Jose Baez has handled 3 high profile cases, one of them was murder of a child in Lake County.

    Nilton Diaz -- accused in death of a child (boxer's granddaughter). Found Guilty.

    Mayor (Dr.) George Gant -- sex charges (inappropriate touching of patients during exams). Not Guilty.

    Elvira Garcia -- kidnapping of 6 week old infant. She stated the baby belonged to her. Story doesn't state outcome of trial.


    http://www.wesh.com/news/17030505/detail.html

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. CA Diane Genice Dye (13) - San Jose CA, 1979
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum Missing Children in America - A Profile
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-11-2010, 01:30 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-14-2007, 01:10 AM
  3. Jose Cruz' Son Missing
    By kato in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-01-2006, 09:35 AM
  4. San Jose man arrested in '01 disappearance
    By FrenchFryDog in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-27-2004, 03:53 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •