Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Jose Baez

Quote Originally Posted by curiositycat View Post
    I understand what you are saying. Isn't the sentencing of a client a pretty serious matter. I still don't understand him putting Casey ahead of this situation.
    Lots of times it is a matter of getting from point A to Point B. He drove from Kissimmee to the OCJ which is just a few miles from where he is, then he drove to Lake Co. I do agree, he should have just let the BG's get her home, he didn't have to do that on his own. (if he did, not sure who dropped her off actually)
    Devorahhh

Not the Biblical Devorah, but a nice one just the same

Quote Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
    I posted this on the general thread too, I saw a snippet this morning on Fox that Geraldo has interviewed JB on his boat. Does anyone have a link? TIA (to clarify, it's Geraldo's boat)
    Here is link to video.
    His wife's name is Lorraine (I beleive)
    She's no Casey (hehe.lol) but shes alright.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2OLOhoV8mE

tbthow is offline Baby T is out of the hospital again : ) Strong Boy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Terilee View Post
    Here is link to video.
    His wife's name is Lorraine (I beleive)
    She's no Casey (hehe.lol) but shes alright.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2OLOhoV8mE
    Thanks for the link!

However, I don't know how long you have had your siggie but it could get ya in trouble suggesting someone to kill another person. Even if it is sarcastic.

I'm not trying to sound like a snob just sayin.

I was just watching the video on this page, labeled, meeting with home confinement officer. They show a clip of last week, Casey being arrested. Did I correctly see Jose Give Casey his briefcase before closing the door to go to
    his side to get in?

Do lawyers usually give their briefcases to persons of interest?

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2...nfinement.html

Jose Baez sees Casey as having dollar signs. When she threatened to get another attorney when she was in prison before being bonded out the first time, he realized he was going to lose the potential to make a lot of money, and he found Padilla to bond her out. He does not really care I dont think whether he wins or loses. He knows this is a case he cant win. What he does realize is that he could bring in a few million dollars in income on this case. He is negotiating deals for movies and other things for Casey, and although she cant profit if convicted, she can possibly profit now. I am sure he has arranged for retainers and fees due to cover his expenses. He is billing for all the hours he babysits Caylee in his office and for all her bodyguards to take her to and from jail
    Last edited by JBean; 09-25-2008 at 09:30 PM.

It''s ok. I believe it is just a matter of time before Casey gets sick of him and changes lawyers. She will get bored!
    I'm a disbeliever unless you can show me FACTS!

Quote Originally Posted by crimesolver4U View Post
    Jose Baez sees Casey as having dollar signs. When she threatened to get another attorney when she was in prison before being bonded out the first time, he realized he was going to lose the potential to make a lot of money, and he found Padilla to bond her out. He does not really care I dont think whether he wins or loses. He knows this is a case he cant win. What he does realize is that he could bring in a few million dollars in income on this case. He is negotiating deals for movies and other things for Casey, and although she cant profit if convicted, she can possibly profit now. I am sure he has arranged for retainers and fees due to cover his expenses. He is billing for all the hours he babysits Caylee in his office and for all her bodyguards to take her to and from jail
    Casey was NEVER in prison. She was in jail. They are two very separate types of incarceration.
    I have a constitutional right to my opinion and I am stating it!!!!!

Baez is doing all this, spending all his time with Casey, making the case dramatic was possible in order to make it as dramatic as possible to put it into a television show or movie

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Quote Originally Posted by GizzySmith View Post
    bump

Of course Baez doesn't care.

No attorney 'cares' about anything...pretaining to their clients and their crimes.... but the outcome of the case.

The defense wants a NG verdict, and the prosecution wants a G one.

He is doing his job....including billing for hours spent with Casey in his office.
    Nothing more, nothing less.
    JMO, IMOO, JMHO

"Caylee's either coming home, or she's already gone home." (Richard Grund)

Well, I'd bet he's also doing it for the free publicity, too. So, he probably does indeed care how it turns out. If he could win this, he'd be rated one of the top defense attorneys in the country. Not too bad from nobody to the top almost overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by woodland1 View Post
    I would like to know when and who contacted this lawyer, to see if he was contacted before the july 16th date as this would confirm that they new prior to the 911 calls.. just a question i have in my mind

From what I heard he was picked by Casey from the jail board. His card was tacked onto the bulletin board. I think she made a lousy choice.

Ambulance Chaser in the finest!
    ~ krimekat ~
    Live in Peace & Peace will live in you

++++++++++++
    Forum Information & Esoterica

JB just on Today Show: We're all assuming Caylee is missing and not ok!?!

*falls out of chair*

Well... that's very good news, JB. Wish you'd told us weeks ago.

Somebody pass me a couple drinks, please?

ETA: fixed title mistake

also, did anybody tape this? I haven't started drinking yet, but surely I heard this wrong(???!!!!) Please tell me I heard this wrong? Please?

They finally put up a link. It's on this page http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032633/

called Casey Anthony's lawyer speaks out
    Last edited by BeanE; 09-26-2008 at 04:06 PM.

Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast