1249 users online (232 members and 1017 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

The case against Crocs

Wonder if this will hit class action status??? Here is the info regarding the two lawsuits currently on the books:

http://business.bloggingbaby.com/200...against-crocs/

As an aside, here is a funny article regarding the class action lawsuit against the company for stock manipulation;
    http://www.denverpost.com/business/ci_7476147

Believe, I was waiting on lawsuits on them plastic shoes.

I've never wore them Croc's nor did I put them on my child. For some reason I have always had an aversion to plastic shoes. Like the "Jelly's"? By no means does it have anything to do with price, but more I think from when we were kids and my mom saying "Those are pool shoes. They are to only be worn at the pool. You're not walking around in plastic if I can help it".

O.K. that was my therapy for today.

Personally I saw a little kid trip twice in the Croc's. Kind of like his foot kept going but the shoes stopped. Do I still have time to get a pair and trip? I'm only joking.

That warning has been out there more than two years. I found one article from May of 2006. I know I heard it a long time ago, not just this past May. It was in newspapers and on the news. Some escalator injuries were also from shoe laces getting caught in escalators and Crocs don't have laces. I know when I first heard it, it said there were switches on the bottom side of escalatorw where they can be turned off. I didn't know that until then. I wear Crocs but usually around home.

I think there's been the same kind of injuries with flip flops, too.

I've heard that Crocs are comfortable, but to me, they're just ugly. Maybe it's the plastic and bright colors? They look like gardening clogs!

Lately I've seen older people wearing them, but I wonder if they provide the right support and traction for them.

Oh, but they are SO comfortable especially for folks, like me, who have problem with their feet. I'll take comfort over prettiness anyday!

Which is the point this guy is making, from Newsweek online:

http://www.newsweek.com/id/150240/&GT1=43002

(Read if you have a sense of humor about your Crocs!)

Quote Originally Posted by Texana View Post
    I think there's been the same kind of injuries with flip flops, too.

Oh good. I thought it was just that I'm klutzy! I busted my face the other day trying to get down some steps at my house... in flip flops.
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

Quote Originally Posted by GlitchWizard View Post
    Oh good. I thought it was just that I'm klutzy! I busted my face the other day trying to get down some steps at my house... in flip flops.
    It's not you, it's the shoe.

In fact, my daughters' ballet instructor makes regular speeches against wearing flip-flops, as they're notoriously bad about causing ankle injuries. Not that they listen, though.

In fact, my daughters' ballet instructor makes regular speeches against wearing flip-flops, as they're notoriously bad about causing ankle injuries. Not that they listen, though.

I don't listen either. :-) Besides, my ankles are fine, it was the REST of my 40 year old bones that were rattled!
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

NPR had a segment on flip flops, crocs and the like and said more Plantar Fascitits and foot/heel problems came from wearing those types of shoes. I think they're horrendously ugly so I don't wear them and I only wear flip flops at the beach. At home I just walk around sock footed, even outside if it's dry.

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    They should have been sued a long time ago for making such repulsively ugly shoes.

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by PomMom12 View Post
    Oh, but they are SO comfortable especially for folks, like me, who have problem with their feet. I'll take comfort over prettiness anyday!
    Same here, I wear them at work w/ scrubs (at a hospital, where lots of the nurses wear them with their scrubs). They are so comfy!

Quote Originally Posted by englishleigh View Post
    Same here, I wear them at work w/ scrubs (at a hospital, where lots of the nurses wear them with their scrubs). They are so comfy!
    I think once you put on the scrubs on, there's not much worry about making a fashion statement overall with shoe apparel.

However, can you run with crocs? Don't nurses sometimes have to move quickly?

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    I think once you put on the scrubs on, there's not much worry about making a fashion statement overall with shoe apparel.

However, can you run with crocs? Don't nurses sometimes have to move quickly?

I'm quite sure this wasn't meant to be funny but it still made me laugh.

P.S. I have a HUGE appreciation for nurses. I would like to be one myself. I just found that funny.

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

They assisted me in shattering a leg-so I am also an advocate of this position!!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast