1123 users online (224 members and 899 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

NJ - Sussex Co., Wht/HispFem 252UFNJ, 18-20, dismembered, Jun'80

Reconstruction of Victim

Unidentified Biracial Female
    • Found on June 24, 1980, in High Point State Park near Route 84 - New York and Pennsylvania.
    • Estimated Date of Death: January 1, 1975
    • Skeletal Remains

Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: 18 - 20 years old. (dob 1958-1962)
    • Approximate Height and Weight: 5'0 - 5'2"
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White with some other unknown nationality. Brown hair dyed blonde. Short and chubby.
    • Clothing: Blue jeans with 8 different multi-color threads down front and back of left leg. Investigators had no luck in finding the manufacturer, but the unusual pattern on the pants may be a helpful clue.
    • Dentals: Available. Teeth are in good condition. Some teeth have a star shaped molar crevice pattern. No dental work.
    Case History

The skeletal remains of a dismembered body were found on June 24, 1980.
    It was dumped in a State Park, located in North New Jersey within five (5) miles of Route 84 (East to West). The bones lay in the woods. Only 300 feet from Route 23 in Montague near the Wantage border, the skeleton pieces had been scattered by animals digging in and around five plastic garbage bags.

The bones included arms, legs and a skull. But they had been severed from the rest of the body with a saw. The torso was never found. A state forensic anthropologist analyzed the bones and determined the person was a female Caucasian, most likely Hispanic. She is a possible homicide victim.

Investigators
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
    Sussex County Sheriff's Office
    973-579-0850

NCIC Number: U-640825556

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
    The New Jersey State Police
    The New Jersey Herald
    The Doenetwork Case File 252UFNJ

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/252ufnj.html
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 03-26-2013 at 04:20 AM.

could it be:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...so_teresa.html

Far from New Jersey, I know, and doesn't really match sketch.

Her remains were sawed apart and buried and they think it is "possible" she was murdered?

Southwestern Maine is home but I'm not there nearly often enough
    Quote Originally Posted by hmg View Post
    Her remains were sawed apart and buried and they think it is "possible" she was murdered?
    Had the exact same thought but I suppose there is always the tiny possibility of someone wanting to dispose of a body even if death wasn't the result of a homicide, for reasons unknown.

Missing torso...

Bumping case up. I wonder if this case was related to others in Pennsylvania around the same era which involved bodies being cut into pieces?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Bumping case up. I wonder if this case was related to others in Pennsylvania around the same era which involved bodies being cut into pieces?
    I have thought the same thing. In that thread I started awhile ago that I need to update and go over again, I singled out the idea of someone running around the Mid-Atlantic states dismembering women. It is such a singular MO...

Quote Originally Posted by Fukiyama View Post
    I have thought the same thing. In that thread I started awhile ago that I need to update and go over again, I singled out the idea of someone running around the Mid-Atlantic states dismembering women. It is such a singular MO...
    I think this is true when you have a specific pattern of slashing or if particularly body parts are always showing up.

On the other hand, it seems like a lot of times this is done out of convenience and necessity (for lack of better words, I don't mean this to sound cold). Someone might dismember in order to shield identity or it can be a matter of making a body fit into something like a container.

A few examples that come to mind in the Northeast during the '70s and '80s: The 1989 Rifkin victim was cut up to shield identity. Pennsylvania Beth Doe had her nose and ears cut off to conceal her identity and then was further dismembered to be put into suitcases. The Lady of the Dunes from Massachusetts had her hands cut off and was beheaded, supposedly to conceal her identity. In the days before DNA was widely used these methods definitely would have impaired identification,

I do think this Jane Doe is possibly the victim of someone using a dismemberment MO repetitively because the skull and fingers were left thus clearly leaving some identifiers. Then again maybe it was just an issue of transportation-- it's easier to look inconspicuous with five trashbags than with one whole body.

In other words, I don't think that dismemberment is (sadly) such an usual MO that in of itself it should be considered the mark of a serial killer. I highly doubt all the cases of dismemberment in the area are the act of one person. That being said, it might be useful to look for unusual patterns in the area using that MO. Just my .

Fukiyama and Richard are there specific cases with similarities to this one that you're thinking of? I vaguely remember a couple that may fit but I'll be off to the databases now to find more.

a 24 hour possible match?

I have never posted, on something like this....but since i have been looking at cases in that area, and areas surrounding it.....I thought i would post for 24 hours , to see if perhaps a possible, if not, i may go ahead and delete so not to take up space.

http://www.njvu.org/cgi-bin/njsp/mpdisplay.cgi?mpid=186

Last NameZendrosky First NameKaren Middle NameLynn SexFemale RaceCaucasian Date Of Birth9/2/1963 Place Of Birth Height5'2" Weight90 pounds HairBrown EyesGreen ComplexionLight Scars/Marks/TattoosScar Right Ear Last SeenOctober 23, 1979 NCICM847788950 Karen was last seen in Hamilton Township, Mercer County on October 23, 1979. Her family reported her missing to NJSP Bordentown station. Karen does have a scar on her right ear. Dental records are attached to her NCIC record.
    Any further information, please contact NJSP Bordentown Station at #609-298-1171 or NJSP Missing Persons Unit at #800-709-7090.

Last edited by :+:MrTT:+:; 10-05-2009 at 09:10 PM. Reason: ADDED color photo see post #10

:+:Anneliese Michel:+:

[21 September 1952–1 July 1976]

[Second chapter twelfth verse of [
    :+:Philippians:+:]
    [Work out your own salvation, with fear and trembling]
    :+:Emily Rose:+:

On December 20, 1976

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post

http://www.pennsylvaniamissing.com/bethdoe.html

On December 20, 1976 at about 4:30 p.m. a local boy made a grizzly discovery on the banks of the Lehigh River in White Haven, Carbon County.
    The dismembered and mutilated remains of a young, white female and her unborn child had been stuffed into three suitcases and thrown from a bridge along Interstate 80 over the Lehigh River. Police theorize that the killer, traveling westbound on I-80, tossed the suitcases over the bridge in an attempt to throw them into the river, however, one of the suitcases landed on the banks of the river and the other two landed in a wooded area some 20 feet from the river.

Woman's body parts Warwick, MA June, 1989

http://newenglandunsolved.blogspot.c...-found-in.html

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Unidentified: Woman's body parts found in Warwick, MA in June, 1989

On June 24, 1989 legs and arms were found off of a rest stop on Route 78 in Warwick, MA, just 1 mile from the New Hampshire border.

The parts were originally thought to be from a man in his 30s (most newspapers reported this) but later studies suggested that the parts are actually from a woman. She was white, approximately 5'5" and "robust". The other parts of the body, including the head were never found. The body was badly decomposed and authorities are not exactly certain of when the victim died although it was likely within six months.

Newspapers reported that there was a concern about this being related to a cult or other ritualistic killing. Two corpses of headless dogs were found approximately 25 feet from the human remains. The dogs had not died from natural causes, police think they were shot. Many people in Worcester county also reported that their pets went missing around the same time (the body was left in Franklin county, but borders Worcester county). That being said, these incidents are not definitively linked to the body.

There has been efforts from the online community, Websleuths to link this unidentified victim to that of Michelle Ashley Nicholaou who disappeared from Holyoke, Massachusetts sometime after November 1988.

Authorities have compared the remains to James Lacouture and have determined he was not a match.
    Posted by newenglandunsolved at 2:26 PM
    Last edited by KateB; 04-26-2015 at 12:17 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

Oklahoma City 1976...

Quote Originally Posted by :+:MrTT:+: View Post

http://www.pennsylvaniamissing.com/bethdoe.html

On December 20, 1976 at about 4:30 p.m. a local boy made a grizzly discovery on the banks of the Lehigh River in White Haven, Carbon County.
    The dismembered and mutilated remains of a young, white female and her unborn child had been stuffed into three suitcases and thrown from a bridge along Interstate 80 over the Lehigh River. Police theorize that the killer, traveling westbound on I-80, tossed the suitcases over the bridge in an attempt to throw them into the river, however, one of the suitcases landed on the banks of the river and the other two landed in a wooded area some 20 feet from the river.
    n

http://www.coldcaseokc.com/article/homicides

Could the killer, became mobile?
    and went to the northeast, back 1976?
    Perhaps LE can answer that question.....
    If there were any similarities between Oklahoma in 76 and this case? or any other mentioned here?

Eeek that's a gruesome one.

One thing that definitely sets that killer apart from Beth and High Point Doe:
    [He] used the bodies of the other two to play a twisted game with police - scattering parcels of flesh for them to find, then leaving more once they had gone. "This guy took great pleasure in placing the body out to be found and taunting police and making sure that the portions that he wanted found were found. ... They were placed in areas where he knew they would be found for their shock value," said Oklahoma City police cold case Inspector Kyle Eastridge.

That's a very different MO than cutting bodies up, putting them into containers, and trying to cover the bodies up (ie-- Beth Doe was meant to be thrown in the river, High Point was buried). It seems like taunting the police was a big part of this OK killers ritual and I don't think he'd give it up suddenly.

35 Year old murder...

Bumping case up. It has been about 35 years since this young woman was murdered. Perhaps some connections can be made between this and cases of missing girls and women from that time frame.

bump.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast