OH - Richard Cooey facing execution in '86 murders

White Rain

Reaction score
Sick Monster...I bet he wasn't "too fat" to rape and murder those two young ladies. He doesn't deserve to die in a human way, IMO.

COLUMBUS, Ohio — A death row inmate scheduled for execution in October says he's so fat that Ohio executioners would have trouble finding his veins and that his weight could diminish the effectiveness of one of the lethal injection drugs.
Lawyers for Richard Cooey argue in a federal lawsuit that Cooey had poor veins when he faced execution five years ago and that the problem has been worsened by weight gain.
They cite a document filed by a prison nurse in 2003 that said Cooey had sparse veins and that executioners would need extra time.
"When you start the IV's come 15 minutes early," wrote the nurse who examined Cooey. "I don't have any veins."

Whack him in the head with a steel pipe. Once he's unconscious, he'll be fine. :crazy:

Whack him in the head with a steel pipe. Once he's unconscious, he'll be fine. :crazy:

Yeah I know right??????? Why should killers be put to death in humane ways when their prey died in horrific, cruel, humane ways?
Did he EVER think about his weight, no matter WHAT SIZE and how it might crush, suffocate a woman?

They don't need to find a vein for a firing squad, right?

Starve him until October. That should drop a few pounds.

That's quite an original position. Maybe they'll put him on a diet and his attorney's brief will become moot.

I am anti death penalty but poor veins are just a pathetic excuse. I have to have an IV every week and I have poor veins. My advice to him - "Suck it up!" And later the prison can then make a fortune with a new diet book: The Death Row Diet - Lose Weight The Convict Way. Soon all the celebs will be doing it.

Sick Monster...I bet he wasn't "too fat" to rape and murder those two young ladies. He doesn't deserve to die in a human way, IMO.

COLUMBUS, Ohio — A death row inmate scheduled for execution in October says he's so fat that Ohio executioners would have trouble finding his veins and that his weight could diminish the effectiveness of one of the lethal injection drugs.
Lawyers for Richard Cooey argue in a federal lawsuit that Cooey had poor veins when he faced execution five years ago and that the problem has been worsened by weight gain.
They cite a document filed by a prison nurse in 2003 that said Cooey had sparse veins and that executioners would need extra time.
"When you start the IV's come 15 minutes early," wrote the nurse who examined Cooey. "I don't have any veins."

He got fatter on purpose.
believe me, a good doctor, even a good nurse or for that matter,a good philabotomist (sp) can doit!. No problems. This guy is just a whiner.
"I'm toooo faaaaaaattt".:boohoo:
I'm not fat, have low bp and they have a heck of a time finding a good vein on me. So big deal....I get stuck several times til it gets done.
Why can't fat inmate deal with that? Because he's a crybaby, that's why.

Maybe the State has an electric chair they could use? A firing squad?

He was a "big man" when he was raping and killing. Let him be a "big man" now.:mad:

.....Maybe the State has an electric chair they could use? ....

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo! Ever read the book "Supersize Me?" It's about fast food in America. The author was in a place that creamated people and he said he smelled a familiar scent when a big fat guy was being creamated. Apparently, he was too big for the fire and it smelled like the greasy cooking smell at a fast food restaraunt. (He named the restaraunt, but I won't - since some of you probably eat there.)

How can you gain weight in prison? I've seen the portions. He must have had some SERIOUS canteen funds and never got up off his buttocks.

If the prison puts him on a salad diet, or restricted calorie diet will he sue for inhumane treatement? Will it ever end. I bet I can find a vein to stick that needle in.

I swear... If you can maliciously kill someone, why can't you take it like a man and pay the ultimate price for your crime?

He got fatter on purpose.
believe me, a good doctor, even a good nurse or for that matter,a good philabotomist (sp) can doit!. No problems. This guy is just a whiner.
"I'm toooo faaaaaaattt".:boohoo:
I'm not fat, have low bp and they have a heck of a time finding a good vein on me. So big deal....I get stuck several times til it gets done.
Why can't fat inmate deal with that? Because he's a crybaby, that's why.

Maybe the State has an electric chair they could use? A firing squad?

He was a "big man" when he was raping and killing. Let him be a "big man" now.:mad:

I know all about people not being able to find your veins.
When I was in labor they went to put in an IV, and in the words of the nurse she'd have to "dig around" to find my veins...and dig she did...oh man that crap hurt. Finally on the 3rd try I told her that was her last time trying...the ended up putting it in my hand.

Fat people get their veins tapped every day... what a pathetic excuse pouring from this man's mouth.

Fat people get their veins tapped every day... what a pathetic excuse pouring from this man's mouth.

You're surely right about that. He's just LOOKING for exscuses. IMO, it's nice to see some sicko/killer in fear of death.
This case reminds me of the killer Charles Campbell in one of Anne Rule's book...he was a rapist/killer of Renae Ahlers Wicklund, her daughter and a neighbor... sentenced to death...and was supposedly HUGE (height AND weight)...according to her book he had to be almost if NOT all the way be carried by prison guards.
Thats the way I want to envision each and every sicko.

that his weight could diminish the effectiveness of one of the lethal injection drugs.
Soooooo... just triple the dosage. Problem solved. 2 women raped and murdered by this coward. He needs to accept his punishment and be happy that it is much more humane than what he put his innocent victims through.

I think I ditto just about every post on this thread!

We're such a sympathetic bunch, aren't we?:D

I think they should put us ALL on the jury.........or the firing squad. :angel:

Then he wouldn't have to worry about the vein.

fran

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back